Anniversary Updates

1121314151618»

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Imagine if GH 2 (with the new changes) was run for GH 1, and the token odds had been boosted as well. We'd be loving the anniversary. The only issues we might've faced, were the server outages. The forum wouldn't have gone into an uproar, there would've been no need for a response meaning there would be no problem with an absence of a D3 presence. Hindsight is 20/20, but proper planning prevents poor performance. I hope that in the future, better planning is done, so that we don't start off hating something and needing changes to salvage it.

Thanks again IceIX, D3 and Demiurge. It may not be the best anniversary yet, but there's still a chance. The second anniversary could still become the best anniversary yet as well as simultaneously being the worst anniversary yet. At least next year's, the bar is set really low, so that the 3rd anniversary would have to be disastrous, to be the worse anniversary.

or knee jerk reaction to strategies from teh forum.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I'm impressed that D3 made these changes promptly and generously.

Thanks.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we know what character essential nodes will change to in later rounds? Hawkeye, Gamora for example.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    Is there an update on the issues with the PVP nodes sticking and lack of rewards?

I had submitted a ticket a while back about this, CS told me to restart my device.. someone may want to update customer service about this.
  • Clearly the answer to the debate of "Would players prefer more tokens with lesser odds or less tokens with greater odds" is "Players prefer more tokens with even greater odds"

Who woulda thunk. icon_razz.gif

(But yeah I 6 Dino covers and 3 other 4*s from these tokens mainly cause I'm getting a buttload of em through Galactus and the PVPs I mean srsly this is a windfall of freebies)
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Philly79 wrote:
    anyone get that 5k iso yet from the lightning round issue?
    I got mine yesterday morning, I think? It was yesterday, for sure (Friday, Oct. 16)
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    lymang wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    anyone get that 5k iso yet from the lightning round issue?
    I got mine yesterday morning, I think? It was yesterday, for sure (Friday, Oct. 16)

I just got mine yesterday as well when it seemed like I would never get it.

In regards to the BP node issues, is EVERYONE who was playing Galactus and who attempted to battle that node (obviously, you needed BP) during that time period getting compensated or is it only a select few?

I'm asking because I was booted from that node and force-quit out of my game and since BP was one the of Essentials that I had, it also prevented me from unlocking Galactus again until things refreshed later.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    (But yeah I 6 Dino covers and 3 other 4*s from these tokens mainly cause I'm getting a buttload of em through Galactus and the PVPs I mean srsly this is a windfall of freebies)
    I've had nothing but 2* and a couple of 3* I can't use. I'm glad one of us is getting something out of it.

This randomised system was one of the things (theoretically) they should have changed from last year for this week. Pretty miserable planning.

Happy anniversary.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone received their anniversary alliance PVP rewards yet?
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Has anyone received their anniversary alliance PVP rewards yet?
    Just received alliance pvp rewards (8am est Monday) but have not as far as I know got my player pvp rewards yet. Which is odd
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Alliance rewards showed up early this morning for me and it was another hour or so before my personal ones showed up.

I'm still wanting to know what the deal with the PVP stuck nodes/missing ISO rewards will ever be addressed. We lost a good amount of ISO/points due to that.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd imagine they're having a hard time figuring out proper compensation -- some people missed out on a ton of ISO but hit sky-high points totals thanks to the bug, while others got the exact opposite end of the stick, seeing mostly proper ISO after fights but getting hit an order of magnitude more than they should have.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Definitely improved the galactus experience. I had issues with some stuck nodes and what not as well but on the whole the second go around was much better.
    I consider the anniversary a bust personally because I had the worst luck with tokens even after the increased odds. Got 2 4 stars out of all my anniversary and galactus tokens (1 purple dev dino, 1 red dev dino) and only 5 3 star covers. None of the ISO or hero point rewards. And I had my fair share of tokens. Not sure exactly but with the ten pack and both events I must have gotten 75+

But as I said that's just bad luck and on the whole the anniversary evened out.
  • D3, great response. Many thanks for the adjustments to round two and to the tokens. May alliance cluster had a blast after the changes were made.

THANK YOU!