Anniversary Updates

Comments

• hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    Versus
    There was a bug with Black Vortex where in some cases, an opponent would remain on a pin after the mission was complete. We’re still investigating the cause of this. We haven’t seen the issue with the Class of 2015 event - please let us know if you run into it in that event or any others.

This just happened to me in Women of Marvel. I defeated a guy (easily) and when I came back, he was still just sitting there, waiting to get smacked again.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    hafnium wrote:
    Anyone get the 5k iso yet for the lt round screw up?
    Pretty sure that won't come until after all the lighnting rounds are done as they need to know who played in them.

sad thing is during lightning round every week i make about 20k+, they should just double next week's lightning round instead.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    hafnium wrote:
    Anyone get the 5k iso yet for the lt round screw up?
    Pretty sure that won't come until after all the lighnting rounds are done as they need to know who played in them.

I have played almost all of them lol, aside from the ones that pop up while I am sleeping icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

This just happened to me in Women of Marvel. I defeated a guy (easily) and when I came back, he was still just sitting there, waiting to get smacked again.

Not necessarily related. Occasionally the matchmaking gets really pigeonholed. I've definitely seen it well before Black Vortex, the main difference with BV was being able to triple+
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    2 2* Ares, they are just spiting in my face.
    Give my money back and I'll go.
    Rest In Peace.
  • Philly79
    theo199 wrote:
    2 2* Ares, they are just spiting in my face.
    Give my money back and I'll go.
    Rest In Peace.

In case you missed it;

So I figured I would chime in again after cashing in 9 tokens just now...2 from sim, 2 from the freebies earlier and 5 from class of 2015....pulled a 3* cap on my last token, all others 2* ****, then bought the daily deal....finally pulled a red dd. So that is a total of 41 tokens and 1 dd cover, c'mon guys this is ridiculous....I thought the odds increased? I am 100 pts away from the 10-pack so maybe I will pull one more.....on the 11th token that I buy...f2p sure but also p2p if u want to get anywhere...just sad

I see the trend continues....deplorable....
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I just had my first match in Women of Marvel where I didn't get any ISO rewards. I was fighting a retal fight and won and it kicked me right back to the pin screen and the retal is still there. I did get points from the fight though.

What the heck is going on with this bug?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw this image and I thought of the OP, saying how more people finished than they had anticipated. To me, it sounded like their perception looked like a success, but they will change it anyway.

large_1646_M80125.jpg
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I think this is a really sympathetic, fair response.

Ice - I think you've made some good changes...I only got to round 6 last Galactus but I enjoyed playing it, especially when I got over the "I should be taking him out every time" nonsense. It's Galactus FFS.

I haven't had brilliant luck with the Anniversary tokens, but then I absolutely coined it in Ultron. Swings and roundabouts.

Peeps need to get some perspective. Play it or don't, feed back constructively or just do something else. Coming on here and accusing the devs of this and that...grow up.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Personally, I think this is a really sympathetic, fair response.

Ice - I think you've made some good changes...I only got to round 6 last Galactus but I enjoyed playing it, especially when I got over the "I should be taking him out every time" nonsense. It's Galactus FFS.

I haven't had brilliant luck with the Anniversary tokens, but then I absolutely coined it in Ultron. Swings and roundabouts.

Peeps need to get some perspective. Play it or don't, feed back constructively or just do something else. Coming on here and accusing the devs of this and that...grow up.

BRAVO!!!!

Finally a comment worth reading, first one in a week.

Really well said mate, couldn't have said it better - FWIW for me, round 1 Galactus, good or bad, fair or unfair, hard or easy, and despite people demanding this and that, I really enjoyed playing it too...
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    sk6w4.jpg
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    2416678.jpg
  • IceIX wrote:
    Versus
    There was a bug with Black Vortex where in some cases, an opponent would remain on a pin after the mission was complete. We’re still investigating the cause of this. We haven’t seen the issue with the Class of 2015 event - please let us know if you run into it in that event or any others.

Happened to me, luckily for everyone, it was against a seed team.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Is there an update on the issues with the PVP nodes sticking and lack of rewards?

• This just happened to me in Women of Marvel. I defeated a guy (easily) and when I came back, he was still just sitting there, waiting to get smacked again.

Not necessarily related. Occasionally the matchmaking gets really pigeonholed. I've definitely seen it well before Black Vortex, the main difference with BV was being able to triple+

Triple+? You mean like the guy who has been streadily bleeding me since the WoM event started? icon_evil.gif

DBC
  • Philly79
    anyone get that 5k iso yet from the lightning round issue?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Triple+? You mean like the guy who has been streadily bleeding me since the WoM event started? icon_evil.gif

DBC

Well yeah, it's since been shown the bug creeped up again. Just saying that 2 wasn't necessarily proof.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Imagine if GH 2 (with the new changes) was run for GH 1, and the token odds had been boosted as well. We'd be loving the anniversary. The only issues we might've faced, were the server outages. The forum wouldn't have gone into an uproar, there would've been no need for a response meaning there would be no problem with an absence of a D3 presence. Hindsight is 20/20, but proper planning prevents poor performance. I hope that in the future, better planning is done, so that we don't start off hating something and needing changes to salvage it.

Thanks again IceIX, D3 and Demiurge. It may not be the best anniversary yet, but there's still a chance. The second anniversary could still become the best anniversary yet as well as simultaneously being the worst anniversary yet. At least next year's, the bar is set really low, so that the 3rd anniversary would have to be disastrous, to be the worse anniversary.
  • Triple+? You mean like the guy who has been streadily bleeding me since the WoM event started? icon_evil.gif

DBC

Well yeah, it's since been shown the bug creeped up again. Just saying that 2 wasn't necessarily proof.

Hope you didn't take it as a knock, I realize how things can get around here. icon_e_wink.gif

More just some venting about my "special friend..."

DBC
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Philly79 wrote:
    So I figured I would chime in again after cashing in 9 tokens just now...2 from sim, 2 from the freebies earlier and 5 from class of 2015....pulled a 3* cap on my last token, all others 2* ****, then bought the daily deal....finally pulled a red dd. So that is a total of 41 tokens and 1 dd cover, c'mon guys this is rediculous....I thought the odds increased? I am 100 pts away from the 10-pack so maybe I will pull one more.....on the 11th token that I buy...f2p sure but also p2p if u want to get anywhere...just sad

I totally agree. i haven't cashed in my anniversary Tokens yet, i have like 24 sitting. Not sure to do it, or wait till the end of all the events. The Galactus tokens, all 9 (6 from run 1 and 3 today) were all 2*. Everyone else around me were getting 1-3 4* covers. I get nothing. after playing for over a 1.5 years. you would think something better would come from it.