Anniversary Updates

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2015
    111 alliances made it through which was more than you expected?!?!?!

So, you had every intention from day one of virtually no one getting to the Cyclops tokens? To then have him as an essential in gauntlet???

Can I just say the middle finger towards us has never been more blatant.

banHammer.jpg

You are banned from my wallet permanently!!

Sorry IceIX probably not even you at all but damn D3 ****!?!?!
  • It's a surprise to see that the devs have obviously discussed the community's complaining, I'm glad that there are changes coming on.

Come on, don't be so rough @all. Would it be good if they do nothing at all?

Let's see what this will change!

I'm a nice person and I say thank you for the HP and ISO.

Everything else comes up in the next days.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Doesn't this contradict your explanation from other day? We're suppose to lose
    I don't see it as contradictory at all. Obvious feedback is that the previous style was not fun for most players, so we want to improve it so that more players are having fun with it. It's kind of like if a car company made a 2 door coupe and got a bunch of feedback from customers that they love the body styling, but really really want a 4 door version. The next year model being a 4 door doesn't mean that the car is suddenly not what was intended, it means that the makers took feedback and iterated on the concept.

Can you please stop spinning and twisting the truth so that it looks like it's our fault that we have false expectations?
    All you have told us prior to the start of the event was that it would be like Ultron but better. So YOU promised us 'next years model' of Ultron but YOU gave us a crash test car. And now you act like the feedback given by the playerbase being a crash test dummy for your test car is not fun, is somehow our false sense of expectation??

What also worries me is that still after 2 years of making sure this game is a great success there's seems to be nothing like a beta/player test team. With the amount of theorycrafting that goes on in our alliance alone you could have prevented the major flaws around almost every aspect of this anniversary. And please don't make the mistake of seeing all of us as kids that never will be satisfied no matter how hard you try, most of us are genuinly interested in having the best possible gaming experience.

Please consider this as my open application to such a test team.

Cheers,
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    We the players are the Kirk to Demiurge's Spock - Galactus Hungers was designed to be the unplayable Kobayashi Maru from the start but somehow a number of alliances managed to complete it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • PeaceNickMann
    PeaceNickMann Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I think that the same rewards you'll be giving people for buying anniversary ten and forty packs that you should give the same to people who bought the galactus packs since that was an anniversary event so therefore should fall under the same classification

When galactus comes to destroy us again surely you'll have galactus tokens again, give same to us galactus buyers please.

yellowcrit.png
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    nexusgrim wrote:
    Sorry IceX probably not even you at all but damn D3 ****!?!?!
    I'm sorry, but I can't help it anymore.. people has been calling out for IceX in the past few days.

However, as I mentioned once in another thread before.. who's IceX? IceIX's brother?
    Actually, IceX is a banned user.

*spooky theremin music*
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    For what it's worth, our alliance came up a little short of completing Round 5 and I was 150K from the Legendary.
    1.1 million out of 1,615,000 in the first 4 rounds and 1,970,000 in the 5th? that's impressive.. It almost looks like the rest of your alliance members were having a hard time..

My alliance got to round 6, I ended with just little less than 650k, that's missing one clear in the last 24 hours due to jet lag (probably would only count for another 50-100k)..

So, kudos.
    Yeah, it is a casual alliance, but I've been playing since a few weeks after game launch and have a meatier roster than the others. I was mostly using the Scarlet Witch/Iron Fist/X-Force Wolverine strategy mentioned on the forums but was the only one with an X-Force covered enough to try it. They were certainly pulling as much weight as they could, though.

Actually... if there was more parity across the alliance, it is quite possible we would have made it to Round 6, got stymied, and ended with lower progression scores all-around.
  • Is there any way we can get more info on the mechanics of the event up front?

I think the last one wouldn't have been nearly as bad if people realized exactly what they were going to have to deal with before they started. A lot of guys in my alliance didn't realize they were going to get locked out of the final progression until it was already too late.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    nexusgrim wrote:
    Sorry IceX probably not even you at all but damn D3 ****!?!?!
    I'm sorry, but I can't help it anymore.. people has been calling out for IceX in the past few days.

However, as I mentioned once in another thread before.. who's IceX? IceIX's brother?
    Actually, IceX is a banned user.

*spooky theremin music*

doo dee doo doo! etc

Re the earlier mis naming, to coin a phrase..... whooooops!!
  • colwag wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Why not form your opinion instead of piggybacking to be insulting, condescending or worse?

Cause that ain't fun.

HEY WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE SOMEBODY GET FIRED FOR THAT? COME ON! WE WANT BLOOOOOOOOD! OR AT LEAST PURPLE SLIPS! /s

Fixed that for you.

icon_e_wink.gif

easy...marc
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    We're committed to making this the best Anniversary yet. Thanks for sticking with us and offering extremely valuable feedback along the way.

As a more (kinda) off topic thing, sorry about the relative radio silence from me for the past couple days. NYCC was pretty crazy this year, really cut down on my ability to pop on here. I'll be back to relative posting normalcy tomorrow. Pardon the grammar mistakes in this post, trying to get it up using a chiclet with in-flight wi-fi. Yay for that!

Moved this from the bottom to the top, since addressing this could help cover the main points that cover the topics below. I would say that last year's anniversary was successful, after a few hiccups. To make this the best Anniversary yet, you've only got to beat last year's. Since you already have the formula for a successful anniversary (last year's), and you want to top it, then one word you should remove from your vocabulary is LESS, as it pertains to anything positive. The word MORE should be used often, unless it pertains to anything negative.

Being at NYCC is a perfectly legitimate reason for your absence here over the weekend. But if you're not able to be here, shouldn't somebody? Where is David Hi-Fi Moore? How about anybody, who can relay feedback on behalf of D3? It is a large new event that is being launched, with desirable rewards and it would be nice to know if things are going smoothly. If you want it to be a successful launch, it'd be nice to monitor it during the event, rather than take the results after.

I am pretty sure I can understand you despite the grammar mistakes and assume you're using a tablet with in-flight wi-fi, not a chiclet.
    IceIX wrote:
    Anniversary Tokens
    Our aim with the Anniversary packs this year was similar to last year: a pack that we could give out lots and lots of tokens for. We increased the availability of Anniversary tokens relative to last year and kept them roughly comparable (higher odds of Iso-8 and Hero Points rewards, lower odds of Devil Dinosaur since many players already have all the covers they need of him), but that led to an unsatisfying experience for a couple of reasons:
    ---
    It seems like most players would rather have fewer, more valuable tokens than more, less valuable ones.
    Similar to last year, you aimed to give out lots and lots of token. What your statement omitted, was that the tokens had worse odds for desirable rewards. Lower odds would fall in the LESS pile. If anything, give them higher odds, which would put them in the MORE pile. Would be an improvement over last year. It also seems there was a reduction in the rewards. Last year, there was a 7k ISO reward that has been replaced with a 3.5k ISO reward. There was also a 20k ISO reward that has been replaced with a 10k ISO reward. These amounts are LESS. If you're not going to increase them, please don't reduce them.

I've already posted that lowering the odds of DD cater more to the audience that was around during the 1st anniversary and completely ignores anyone who didn't get his covers or wasn't around. Those players that have the covers would probably prefer to sell him for 1k ISO, instead of a 2* for 250 ISO or 3* for 500 ISO.

I stared Class of 2015 PVP today, with the boosted token odds. The first token I pulled a 2*. I went ahead and spent 50 HP to buy the daily deal. 4* Devil Dino Green. My 1/2/5 is now 2/2/5. This made me very happy. The next token got me a 3* Hulk Black. Now my lvl 40 5/4/4 dupe Hulk is 5/3/5. This also made me very happy. I broke the streak with a 2* pull for the next token.

These gold pulls were due to the better token odds. If they were around during Galactus, they would have been bright spots in a dark time. I finished with 1.3m. I got the Legendary token (Yellow Thor, dupe is now 2/4/0 icon_cry.gif ). My alliance finished round 7. I opened a lot of tokens and had more disappointment to add to the pile. I don't think I pulled any good tokens, usable or not, during Galactus, and if I did, it was likely so few and unnoticeable, that I can't recall anything but a negative experience during Galactus Hungers.
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus
    In particular:
    We’ll be working to make sure that even in later rounds, there are multiple interesting strategies to tackle Galactus.
    We’ll be aiming to make each individual fight against Galactus feel meatier and more satisfying, lasting longer than a short, predictable number of rounds for more players.

Introducing new and different gameplay always involves balance risks, so your feedback is especially valuable when we introduce something like Galactus, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think of the changes.
    Do you know when there were more interesting strategies to tackle Galactus? I do, they were before the event started and they were posted on the forums. The mechanics were changed to eliminate these strategies. That meant LESS options. No teams with Star-Lord, Elektra, etc. No use of specific abilities of characters to counter Galactus's tactics. Those tactics might not have ensured victory, but they would have helped prolong matches, which would've added damage.
    IceIX wrote:
    Versus
    There was a bug with Black Vortex where in some cases, an opponent would remain on a pin after the mission was complete. We’re still investigating the cause of this. We haven’t seen the issue with the Class of 2015 event - please let us know if you run into it in that event or any others.

It's nice that you're aware of this issue. There was another issue, that might have been related where the ISO was not rewarded, and since this was an anniversary event, that meant double ISO was not rewarded. Since the same opponent was in the node, some of us chose to try to skip to find a target, expending more ISO that wasn't replaced with the double ISO we were supposed to get. So we're even in a worse position than before due to LESS ISO.
    IceIX wrote:
    Server Issues
    We had two episodes where some players couldn’t reach the game servers at the start of the Galactus event.

We’ll be sending out 100 Hero Points and 2000 Iso-8 to everyone who played on 10/8 or 10/9. Those Hero Points and Iso-8 will go out today.

It's also nice to see that you've acknowledged this as a problem. I know you've said that every event, where there have been server errors, it's always been a different error. Is there no more that can be done to prevent possible errors. This is something we wouldn't mind having LESS of because it's not something that pertains to something positive.

I hope my feedback is useful, and I do hope that the rest of the anniversary can be salvaged. Galactus Hungers, server errors, Black Vortex bugs, lack of communication, unfavorable response after prolonged absence followed by more absence of supervision, lower token odds, they all combined to make this a really horrible start to what you wanted to be the best anniversary yet. You might have to do more to make up for those errors, to get it on par to last year's. If it is not the best anniversary yet, please do your best so that it is a good anniversary, and not the cluster that it is now.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Omega Red wrote:
    rawfsu wrote:
    What puzzles me is why would said players pay for tokens if they have such terrible odds? Either they saw value in them to justify the purchase or simply they don't know better? Why should they receive more compensation for their poor choices?

I'm puzzled that anyone actually buys the token packs. I'm not enough of a gambler I suppose.

However, "buyer beware" doesn't cut it here. Whoever was in charge tried to sell us lower value tokens at a premium price. Even if I wasn't the target I will never forget this.

If they choose to use gifts to try winning back the trust of their paying customers, I fully support the members of our community asking for more than an homeopathic dose.

Hopefully this modification was caused by sales not meeting their target rather than forum reaction and we wont see them trying something like that again.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ctenko wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:
    For Galactus 2:

1) either unlimited health packs and boosts or no health lost when Galactus teleports you off his big head ship.
    2) scale down the minion fight, some of them felt like gauntlet punishment nodes.

But changes they should make to for the betterment of the game permanently:

1) remove 2* covers from heroic and event tokens (we already get enough 2* from standards and matches to last us a lifetime), either convert them to 250iso or health packs.
    2) scrollable leaderboards
    3) remove "true healing", viva la "prologue healing"
    4) remove 2* covers from season, shield simulator, and pvp progression; just make them heroic tokens or event tokens.
    5) pvp nodes either give the amount listed or more if they moved in points, never less.
    6) make the game fun again, play test in mind for someone who barely started the game and you as a dev want them to have fun and want to stay and pay you guys for the great job you do.

Someone who barely started the game needs all those 2* covers that you want removed. Also, what if I'm a veteran and suddenly I feel like I want to build a 2*? What if the 2* is an essential and you don't have it? How do you get it?

standards will have plenty of 2* and also playing match gives covers.

Standards have a much lower rate for them, and without getting them (In abundance) how do people make the jump from One star to three star? How do they do the two DDP's that require two stars? I'm just as annoyed as you every time I see a Moonstone instead of a Jean Grey. (Redheads forever!) But we have to remember that lower level and just starting people need these things too. Just like the game should not be all about the whales it should be all about where you are stuck.

Though I'd appreciate some lower odds of getting Two stars and some raised odds of getting better covers. Or the ability to trade covers or something. Considering how worthless the power creep is making many Three stars, I would like to see at least a better chance at covers we all eventually need.

Simple solution is a new 3 star tier token just like the legendary token. Place as reward after the 2 star character reward in whatever event is happening. Having a decked out 2 star team takes about a month and a half, but transitioning into three stars take far too long because of the character count and now with so many 4/5 character being introduced and whales buying up their powers there is a huge middle ground that is also insurmountable for transitioning players. It makes worse when we get one cover of a rare 5 star and our scaling is blown to hell because of it. We're literally penalized in this game if we chance upon a rare cover and you don't have decked out 4 stars at the top of your roster.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imagine that you went to BestBuy, paid $150 for a PlayStation 3. There is no PS4 out yet. You feel pretty decent even though you know that they've been out for a while. You get home and you check your email and BestBuy just let you know, that the manufacturer just swapped out all the PlayStation 3's at their store for PlayStation 4's for the same price... they tell you to come on down and buy them since it's a greater value now.

Your PlayStation 3 is still the same machine, but now undervalued and overpriced. Had you waited another hour, you would have been able to get a PS4 for the same price you just paid for a PlayStation 3.

Are you telling me that you would not go back to Best Buy, return that PlayStation 3, and buy the PS4? It had value when you bought it... the system didn't change... it's the exact same box as it was before... why would you do that? Weren't you happy when the PlayStation 3 was the latest thing an hour ago?

They switched the product mid event. It was a good idea to fix it sooner than later. But there needs to be recompense for those that spent on product that was labeled as the only product available for that event. Changing a product mid event has its positives, but also has its negatives. The previous game I played did that, ALL THE TIME, and it was the reason that Apple and Google approved so many refunds. I do not want this game to go that route. People will seek recompense. They will either get it from the developer, or they will get it themselves through other means... typically refunds.

In order to buy my daily deal token, I could not horde tokens. I do not believe that I should be penalized with lower draws forced upon me in order to buy your daily product, which also forced me into an instant draw, rather than being able to store them hoping that you will fix the product to where I believe it should be before drawing.

If I horde, I miss the daily deal for however many days it takes to fix the draw rates... If I pull to be able to buy the daily deal, I miss out on improved pull rates halfway through event. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Please make us whole again, and from a customer service perspective, once you have soured a person's experience, doing the minimum that would normally be acceptable will not win that dissatisfied person's confidence back... you have to go above and beyond. It shows genuine interest in retention of said customer.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put this in the other thread, I want to leave it here as well, while you are tweaking Galactus can you fix this?

This
    yqUoEVR.png?1
    should not reward this
    f89oV8M.png?1
    while this
    Fo1QaK0.jpg?1
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just opened the app and received 2 tokens. I was expecting 5, 2 + 3 for the 10-pack I opened after getting it in the 1750 progression reward.

Do you guys received 2 or more tokens? Maybe they have reconsidered the whole thing and they are going to give us back our 10-pack? (hey, dreaming is for free icon_razz.gif)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's possible that the generic "thank you for playing" tokens are being given out separately from the "sorry you bought a 10-pack" tokens.
  • 2 free ani tokens, 2 2* characters......yep, that made me really happy that i spent all the time on the anniversary events.

Not a top tier player, but one going through the 3 to 4 and this has been such a letdown.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I just opened the app and received 2 tokens. I was expecting 5, 2 + 3 for the 10-pack I opened after getting it in the 1750 progression reward.

Do you guys received 2 or more tokens?
    Got my 2 tokens as well. My guess is they're rolling out the comepensation. First came the 2 tokens just for playing over the past 3 days. Later will come the 3 tokens for 10-pack and 10-pack for a 40-pack, or whatever IceIX said the compensation would be. They have to manually put this stuff in so it might take a little bit.
  • I received two tokens as well. Moonstone and Hawkeye sigh. Well can't complain about 500 free ISO.

Hopefully this wasn't the compensation for the tokens as I was one of those who did purchase a 40 pack for the anniversary.