Anniversary Updates

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    playstation_pizza_by_blindave.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarheelmax wrote:

This also isn't a situation where we are talking about something that regularly goes on sale. That's how grocery stores work. This situation is much different, especially for those that did really well in the first PVP. Here's a more apt analogy:

There is a marathon this weekend. People that finish the race will be rewarded with $10,000.

The first one hundred people finish the race and get $10,000. Then, before anyone else finishes, the organizers announce that they were being too stingy, and that from now on, people that finish the race get $20,000!

Yay, everyone rejoices... except those same organizers say "screw you" to the first 100 finishers and "you only get your $10,000, next time you shouldn't run so fast." And then finally, they come up with an idea that a gift card for a happy meal will suffice as an apology.
    That's... that's not even as good as the playstation analogy. The tokens aren't progression rewards handed to a limited number of people able to complete a task. They're a purchased and consumable good. A marathon isn't something you use up.

The token odds were ****. We all knew it. Some people bought them anyway. Then the devs decided to respond to player feedback and improve the odds. They could have done nothing for people that already bought them at the previously advertised odds. Some people, however, will not be happy until they receive a pony. Or a pound of flesh. Or a one pound flesh pony. A pound of developer flesh, lovingly carved into the shape of a pony. And also, there's a tiny little saddle made of frozen developer tears.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    I'd settle for the difference. If they increased the odds of pulling better by a total of 30%, I'll take 30% of the tokens that I've earned/purchased up to the point of change. If they increased the total odds by 70%, I'll take 70% of the amount of tokens I've earned/purchased.

I don't count my tokens on a spreadsheet and I've only got 10 fingers and 10 toes, so I can only count so high... but I'm sure they can run a query on how many Anniversary tokens were opened by whom between the start of the event through Monday at XX:00 pm. Then gift XX% of that quantity rounded up to those people. They are smart programmers. Even if they have to generate a list to export, sort it, calculate it, then import it, they can distribute it automatically that way.
    DayvBang wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    That's... that's not even as good as the playstation analogy. The tokens aren't placement rewards handed to a limited number of people.

The token odds were ****. We all knew it. Some people bought them anyway. Then the devs decided to respond to player feedback and improve the odds. They could have done nothing for people that already bought them at the previously advertised odds. Some people, however, will not be happy until they receive a pony. Or a pound of flesh. Or a one pound flesh pony. A pound of developer flesh, lovingly carved into the shape of a pony. And also, there's a tiny little saddle made of frozen developer tears.
    The earned tokens were in fact rewards for achievement. There was no other option of Anniversary tokens to buy. That was it. If there was Anniversary token A with great rates, and Anniversary token B with not so great rates for slightly cheaper, and people bought token B hoping against the odds... then came back and demanded A... I'd understand your "too bad so sad" mindset. There wasn't that option. Token A turned out to actually be Token B after the fact, and now only the new improved Token A is available... and those who bought Token A (which ended up being a token B after all) are now upgraded to the new and improved Token A.

You can't criticize people for not buying the improved option that was not available at the time.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    A pound of developer flesh, lovingly carved into the shape of a pony. And also, there's a tiny little saddle made of frozen developer tears.

fry-take-my-money.jpg
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Aaaand, no double ISO in Lightning Rounds...

The gifts just keep on coming...

Just noticed this too, so in the initial description of double iso they excluded prologue missions (possibly listed ddq also, don't remember) okay fine but no mention of double iso for lightning rounds? Did d3 forget that they are every Tuesday - Thursday?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    The token odds were ****. We all knew it. Some people bought them anyway.
    And what about the people who redeemed the season award 10 pack already? We had no reason to hoard them. The people who are slower to hit the progression target shouldn't get better tokens than the people who got there first.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly79 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Just noticed this too, so in the initial description of double iso they excluded prologue missions (possibly listed ddq also, don't remember) okay fine but no mention of double iso for lightning rounds? Did d3 forget that they are every Tuesday - Thursday?

The LR's are probably an automated script at this point. So yes, most likely they forgot.. when the decision was made to not do the 20 man rounds, they may have simply overlooked the double iso/tokens etc.. it may get fixed, or it may be added to the exclusion.. either way.. it is not a special event, just the standard weekly iso farm.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

The LR's are probably an automated script at this point. So yes, most likely they forgot.. when the decision was made to not do the 20 man rounds, they may have simply overlooked the double iso/tokens etc.. it may get fixed, or it may be added to the exclusion.. either way.. it is not a special event, just the standard weekly iso farm.

Forgetting and not caring because they'd have to work are completely different things.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

This also isn't a situation where we are talking about something that regularly goes on sale. That's how grocery stores work. This situation is much different, especially for those that did really well in the first PVP. Here's a more apt analogy:

There is a marathon this weekend. People that finish the race will be rewarded with $10,000.

The first one hundred people finish the race and get $10,000. Then, before anyone else finishes, the organizers announce that they were being too stingy, and that from now on, people that finish the race get $20,000!

Yay, everyone rejoices... except those same organizers say "screw you" to the first 100 finishers and "you only get your $10,000, next time you shouldn't run so fast." And then finally, they come up with an idea that a gift card for a happy meal will suffice as an apology.
    That's... that's not even as good as the playstation analogy. The tokens aren't progression rewards handed to a limited number of people able to complete a task. They're a purchased and consumable good. A marathon isn't something you use up.

Jeez, I guess I need to explain it further. PVP season PROGRESSION reward at 1750 is a 10 pack. The top players (i.e. the fastest - or in my analogy, the top 100) made it to that progression reward before the tokens were changed. (And I'll say it just one more time to make sure its clear - IT IS a progression reward).

So, the fastest received the $10,000 reward (or the old odds on the 10 pack), then the prize was changed to something much better for people that did not perform as well in the "race" (aka PVP season). They received the $20,000 (the updated 10 Pack).
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    The token odds were ****. We all knew it. Some people bought them anyway.
    And what about the people who redeemed the season award 10 pack already? We had no reason to hoard them. The people who are slower to hit the progression target shouldn't get better tokens than the people who got there first.

well you could have hoarded a 10-pack till the end of anniversary. it's not like there would be a 90% discount everyday if u didn't buy a daily deal, like single packs.
  • Philly79
    Malcrof wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

it may not be a special event but it is taking place during a supposedly special time that we are all apparently having fun during. I was not fortunate enough to play this game last year during the event so I missed out on how cool the lr's were but again they are taking place during a "special" time and should have been tweeked to reflect that.
  • udonomefoo
    Tarheelmax wrote:

So, the fastest received the $10,000 reward (or the old odds on the 10 pack), then the prize was changed to something much better for people that did not perform as well in the "race" (aka PVP season). They received the $20,000 (the updated 10 Pack).

I don't think a lack of understanding is the issue and you don't need to keep explaining. The biggest flaw with your analogy is that 20k is always worth more than 10k, but two 10 packs with different odds can both still pull 10 moonstones. I will grant you that you're not wrong, but we now have 14 pages of people complaining about the same thing, so can we let this dead horse get bloated and maggoty in peace?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Why do people need so many scenarios or comparisons to get simply.
    Hey the odds were terrible, some people want more
    some people just want to argue that they shouldn't want more for ??? reason.

Neither party is going to budge even if the pack magically becomes a billion dollar prize with a husband or bride.
    Mainly because party b has nothing to say besides party a doesn't deserve it because they said so (and they aren't being paid to defend this point)
    Party a feels cheated because they were trying to make the best of what was available and would like to take part in the better odds with more full attempts.

At this rate disagreeing just to disagree is doing nothing.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

I don't think a lack of understanding is the issue and you don't need to keep explaining. The biggest flaw with your analogy is that 20k is always worth more than 10k, but two 10 packs with different odds can both still pull 10 moonstones. I will grant you that you're not wrong, but we now have 14 pages of people complaining about the same thing, so can we let this dead horse get bloated and maggoty in peace?

But I just got here icon_cry.gif
  • udonomefoo
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Why do people need so many scenarios or comparisons to get simply.
    Hey the odds were terrible, some people want more
    some people just want to argue that they shouldn't want more for ??? reason.

Neither party is going to budge even if the pack magically becomes a billion dollar prize with a husband or bride.

What about those of us who already got married before the prize was available? icon_redface.gificon_twisted.gif RAGE!!!!
  • udonomefoo
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

But I just got here icon_cry.gif

You're late! Here's your torch and pitchfork. Get in line.
  • So when do the ten packs go out? I got the two freebies and now just waiting on the rest.

I think I even bought two tens after the 40 pack, I like Devil Dino.

I just need anything to get my roster up to surfer as many parts of this game are now ridiculous and have me go into the 200s for characters when my second highest isn't even a 200.

Also for those annoyed by everyone complaining, there's a right to when every single **** draw to some people is nothing but a 2*. If 100 people aren't complaining no one will know it's an issue that needed to be addressed.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did I Win??

971987d1426115832-beat-dead-horse-thread-b7d.jpg
  • Philly79
    florida92 wrote:
    So when do the ten packs go out? I got the two freebies and now just waiting on the rest.

I think I even bought two tens after the 40 pack, I like Devil Dino.

I just need anything to get my roster up to surfer as many parts of this game are now ridiculous and have me go into the 200s for characters when my second highest isn't even a 200.

Also for those annoyed by everyone complaining, there's a right to when every single tinykitty draw to some people is nothing but a 2*. If 100 people aren't complaining no one will know it's an issue that needed to be addressed.

Hard to say man, some have said they need to go through and see who bought what in order to give out compensation. They should have just blanketed everyone with a 10-pack and been done with it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Did I Win??

971987d1426115832-beat-dead-horse-thread-b7d.jpg

i believe i get the award for trying to bring back "True Healing" arguements. they even closed out the original cause i kept bring it back from the dead. lol