Anniversary Updates

Comments

• IceIX,

I admittedly don't even much care about what you said at this point, although some of it is encouraging (2 replacement tokens with better odds would be fantastic, although I'd like my 15-20 2* tokens back), while other bits are a bit discouraging (111 groups of 20 was MORE than expected? For an anniversary event? Perhaps I'm just not a player you're interested in retaining, which is sad but totally cool.).

But none of that really matters at the moment, and I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion in upcoming days on the forum, so there's that.

I'm just glad someone from D3/Demiurge finally showed up to acknowledge anything to anyone.

Thanks for showing up, and cheers.

DBC
  • The best solution would be to have a weekend long black friday event with super special tokens. Maybe 1% chance of each 1*, 2% chance of each 2* and split the rest. Anything done now to fix the anniversary tokens post mortem is going to upset non-hoarders.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HIRE PLAY TESTERS THAT ARE NOT ALREADY EMPLOYEES!!!!!!

Almost every single one of the issuesduring this anniversary were EXTREMELY EVIDENT from the start.

Thank you.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Fairly disappointing response IMO. Not that I disagree with any of it but rather the fact that the prolonged delay in any substantive message resulted in a fairly cookie cutter post.

Something along this line on Thursday, maybe without details of the compensation, would have been much better received. The fact that no push was made prior to the weekend and all we hear is "we now understand". How does one not understand the feedback Thursday night/Friday morning.

This was one poor anniversary.
  • Raezen
    Raezen Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, getting Moonstone and Wolverine out the whazoo is so useful...you have got to be kidding me with the sheer incompetence that you are spewing. For once, please take ownership of your train wreck. The fact that you still don't understand the massive amount of complaints is, in fact, mind-boggling.
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited October 2015
    Nice to see the feedback has been received. Now I don't expect a response, this is more of a thought exercise. How is it that this event was playtested, and none of these obvious faults showed up? You guys might want to look into a soft-event kind of launch with these new types of events. Again I bring up the first instance of "wave-nodes", you introduced them, gauged the feedback, boom success. Although you guys never let us have another endless gauntlet. A couple of us loved that bug icon_idea.gif

Maybe do a mid-year Anniversary or some other event tie-in and let us beat it up. Offer no prizes and let us use fully covered heroes to test in that event. Or do a 100HP buy in and offer something meaty as a prize, some ISO, a DDQ token, something like that, with the full understanding that the event is a test and feedback will be appreciated.

And just to re-emphasize. I'm no longer spending money on this app. You guys just mis-judge too many things and I feel I'm rewarding that behavior. True Healing, XForce/Thor rework, Galactus, the other reworks you do on the fly. Two years in and you guys are always reacting to things as if you have no idea of what the impact would be. Why would you think I would want more chances to win less with a token? Was a poll taken? Why would you believe we would like to participate in a match that would one-shot my team?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    thisone wrote:
    Ice, just a thought, since you have changed the anniversary odds is there a chance or having the sale run again til end of anniversary? It will give people who were put off by the previous token odds the chance to buy packs.
    Unlikely, but I'll ask. The sale prices (like most other sales) were timed to run with some first party featuring, and we don't tend to run that separately.

Ok, that makes sense. Appreciate the reply and any attempts to run another one.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus
    Slightly more alliances than we expected (111) made it to round 7 of Galactus, and 49 alliances met the final score target in round 8. But we got lots of feedback about the experience of getting there that we want to act on, so we’ll be significantly re-tuning the event for its second run this weekend.!

How many alliances are they all together? Because if 111 is considered "more than we expected" just to get to round 7 of 8...that seems incredibly low to me.
    Hell, just that "more than we expected" suggests the developers knew this would be a meat grinder that they didnt expect anyone to survive. And only 49 made it to the very end? What even is that as a percentage?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Almost every single one of the issuesduring this anniversary were EXTREMELY EVIDENT from the start.

You seriously think the final version of Galactus was given the time to be tested? No chance, they made a bunch of changes after reading this forum and clearly threw it over the wall to meet a launch deadline without allowing their testers time to do much more than check that the clients didn't crash.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just take out 2 stars for these tokens. Best case people get new three stars or four stars and move up a little bit, worse case they sell those covers 1000 iso. This 2 star nonsense needs to stop when two star flow like water in pve/PVP and standard 5000 iso tokens. It speaks volumes that I just got a 3 star hulk from a 500 standard toon and received nothing but 2 stars from the 5 anniversary tokens.

If you're gonna be considently adding new 4 and 5 characters then 3 star character need to easier to get especially when there are 40 of them versus the twenty or so 1/2 characters.

Also get rid of the essentials for round two. It locked out way too many starting players out from competing in the game and the progression points were ridiculously high. I could have taken all the losses to galactus if I knew that least I could reach the lossy 3 star Human Torch or legendary token.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    PLEASE FIX GLACTUS so we don't use anymore health packs.

and tone down the minion battles they got crazy hard after day 1.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

You seriously think the final version of Galactus was given the time to be tested? No chance, they made a bunch of changes after reading this forum and clearly threw it over the wall to meet a launch deadline without allowing their testers time to do much more than check that the clients didn't crash.

servers did crash.... mission accomplished. lol
  • Sledge
    Sledge Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    IceX, are there any plans to have the nodes unlock for Galactus 2? Specifically, if we start the event with Galactus round 1, the early starters kill him early, when round 2 starts, will all the nodes still be locked until the next refresh 7.5 hours later, causing those people to miss out on all the subsequent round rewards until the refresh? With the Ultron events, the nodes were unlocked once a round was completed.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    A couple of considerations

First Galaktus. What about the rewards from the first Galaktus event? My alliance could not do a scratch over Galaktus on round 6 so we could not get a Cyclops cover. Then I myself could just get to 950k because we as an alliance could not past round 6. So what about that? And of course Cyclops is mow essential.

And about the 10-pack, Icex I got 10 2s, so yeah for me before the tokens were completely pointless. Now, I will get 3 tokens as compensation, but the problem is that individual tokens doesnt have the same chances than a 10- pack, so now I am screwed two times (and yes, it is better getting 3 tokens than nothing but the ones that play the most are the ones screwed).

Basically this fix helps things for the future, but doesnt help with all that has happened before (cyclops covers, tokens already opened, etc.).
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Any word on getting Iceman added to tokens? I seem to remember seeing mention that he would be added at the start of the Anniversary. But here we are 4+ days removed and....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, if beating Galactus is suppose to be such an achievement then rewarded with a token rather than a paltry 40 iso. It's insane 40 iso is a reward for beating the big boss.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, just to reiterate what I've said elsewhere:

Galactus blatantly wasn't ready for prime time and ran anyway.
    The anniversary tokens were so overpriced for their odds that letting people buy them for actual money borders on fraud.
    Black Vortex was broken from start to finish.
    Double ISO is missing in half the places it's supposed to be.

And all of this was clear on Friday, well before the weekend started. There's no excuse for leaving the anniversary clusterkitty up for four days.
  • Ice,

I will reiterate a couple of points I made in response to ur initial post.

Whatever you guys do, please make it FUN for those of us playing. Fun is something new, something cool, and more importantly, something we can feel good about. Please do not say, "Well, since X number of alliances used this strategy to beat Galactus, we better make sure they can't do it again". That's not fun, that's punitive. Instead, you should say, how can we ensure that more alliances have the ability to earn at least one cover for this cool new character.

I would ask you to consider making each round to be against one of his heralds, rather than Galactus. That way you don't have to worry that a martial artist, a non superpowered spy and a guy in a wheelchair are beating Galactus. I agree he is supposed to be unbeatable in comics, so why not just make the last fight against him.

Again, I would suggest you loan surfer to everyone in the final fight, keeping the storyline intact and letting us have the FUN of using a max character most of us will never see for years.

Finally, consider a reverse wave node, where we can send our heroes in as some fall, to take him down at last. In the final fight, letting us do that, and loaning us surfer, who sees the sacrifice our heroes have made and decides to join us, would be a lot of FUN.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    We’ll be aiming to make each individual fight against Galactus feel meatier and more satisfying, lasting longer than a short, predictable number of rounds for more players

Doesn't this contradict your explanation from other day? We're suppose to lose
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Mentioning % changes sounds like a lot more than if you listed the numbers. If you increased the number 1 by 200%, it is 2.

Odds on a 4* in a Heroic is 4.6%. So ~20% better puts them around ~5.52%. That seems to jive with what's in there now, the odds of each character should be about 0.345%, not the .3% listed.

I've lost track of what the 3* odds were, but IIRC it was around 23%; that puts the new odds around 27.5%, give or take a couple tenths, which jives with the odds in there (true odds about 0.6875%, listed at 0.7%)