On Galactus run 1 (Game feel vs Ultron)

Options

Comments

• After playing Galactus up to Stage 6 and having -100000 to show for it (not a typo), I simply cannot imagine what it must feel like to potentially be able to actually achieve the Legendary Token, only to realize that of all the available options, you could:

1. Pull an Electra

2. Pull a Star-Lord

3. Pull an OML or SS and blow all your scaling for every aspect of the game, ooor…

4. As some have hilariously suggested, sit on your Token "until your roster is ready for a 5*," likely a year+ for many, MANY MPQ players…

Good luck and godspeed.

DBC
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm not a regular poster here. In fact, prior to the Galactus debacle, I've only posted once here.

My alliance cleared round7. Despite that lofty feat, the morale of the group is at an all time low.

We have 4 alliances. That's 80 people. Not one, not a single one has had anything positive to say about this event despite being extremely excited about it for a month prior.

Ten minutes into the event changed everything. Lack of preparation for the biggest event of the year leading to server crashes, a horrible design for a boss event, stealth updates and horrible business practice and excuses and lies from the developers have left many of us desiring a new outlet for game play. Like future fight.

Let's do some math d3. There's a little more than 400 posts here. We'll say 400. Each post represents an alliance of 20 players. That's 8000 people who are voicing their displeasure with you. And that's just the ones who can be bothered to come here to do so. How much money does that make you?
  • After playing Galactus up to Stage 6 and having -100000 to show for it (not a typo), I simply cannot imagine what it must feel like to potentially be able to actually achieve the Legendary Token, only to realize that of all the available options, you could:

1. Pull an Electra

2. Pull a Star-Lord

3. Pull an OML or SS and blow all your scaling for every aspect of the game, ooor…

4. As some have hilariously suggested, sit on your Token "until your roster is ready for a 5*," likely a year+ for many, MANY MPQ players…

Good luck and godspeed.

DBC

to be honest, if you could hit that 1.25 million progression for galactus, chances are your roster is pretty solid for that 5* in the event you pull it
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Coik wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

2 waves 159 - 160
    224 Juggernaut/Mystique/Subject
    221 Hood/Daken/Shinobi
    223 Ragnarok/Control 224 Grenadier
    2 waves 165 -395

These are "minor hazards" but "easily winnable?"

Feel Lucky, I have a surfer, so my two Waves JG event. (With my Two cover JG!) is 2 waves 240-241. My Juggernaut node is 272.

Relatively Easy.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Human Torch node - 304 Juggs, 305 Goon, 304 Myst. Trivial. (I only have 1 SS cover, no OML)
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Coik wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Galactus is different. The "minion" fights against the villains are relatively simple. They're there as minor hazards but relatively easily winnable.

2 waves 159 - 160
    224 Juggernaut/Mystique/Subject
    221 Hood/Daken/Shinobi
    223 Ragnarok/Control 224 Grenadier
    2 waves 165 -395

These are "minor hazards" but "easily winnable?"

Guys and gals, can't you see that they actually listened to our feedback and gave us what we asked for? One of our biggest complaints was that every 8 hours you could only play for 10 -15 minutes and you were done. Wellllll, problem solved! Hasn't it been taking you longer to finish up every 8 hours? Who says they don't listen to us and give us stuff we asked for?!?! icon_evil.gif They created a **** event. Then they told us it was our fault we weren't enjoying it. Then they do this because, well, that's what we asked for.
    They aren't just tone deaf. They are blind, deaf, and possibly from whatever planet Drax is from.
  • Ctenko
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    About this have to lose thing, I think somebody already said it but How many times have Galaktus beaten FF or the Avengers? How many times have he devoured the Earth? Even squirrel girl has beaten Galaktus!

Sometimes I think that devs doesnt know anything about comicbooks and what it means for us playing with Marvel heroes and villains...

I said that. In my whole bitter pill post about why the BigG event is a failure, and why the mentality of 'Supposed to Lose.' Makes me so angry, and why it should make you angry. It's up on the second page somewhere, I doubt anyone who is not a Dev has missed it, but go check it out if you haven't.

And if there are no changes come Monday for Round two... well I think we shouldn't play the event, and I think we should as a group start talking to Kotaku or 1up, and see if we can't get an episode from Jim Sterling or Total Biscuit. This is exactly the kind of Dev behaviour they despise, and have been willing to shout about before.

(Sorry Devs, I finally talked about other options. But you had to know we were all thinking it.)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yasuru wrote:
    Human Torch node - 304 Juggs, 305 Goon, 304 Myst. Trivial. (I only have 1 SS cover, no OML)
    lv340 here. "Relatively simple", my ****...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Yasuru wrote:

That one was 'easy' icon_razz.gif the worst for me was the Spiderman one, where you are forced to use Spiderman and then you have to fight first against 8 teisatsu, and then a 395 Gorgon. I barely got to Gorgon, but he wiped me (the attack tiles the hand guys left when they die where doing like 2-3k damage every turn, and my JG got wiped by a clock tile, I could not match purple fast enlugh icon_razz.gif). And they left so many attack tiles that I dont think I am going to be able to beat it with GSBW+ProfX
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If everyone had played Dark Vortex instead of Galactus, possibly the whole playerbase would be a) swimming in iso, b) be at around 1300 pvp points.

Funny thing about Black Vortex. Because of the (as yet completely unaddressed) glitch or intentional change where it doesn't award covers, and doesn't award ISO in place of covers, it's actually awarding way less ISO than a regular PVP even after the doubling.

For most regular PVPs, I can skip a fair amount, buy +2 AP boosts for each fight, and still make a profit off the average reward. For Black Vortex I've been -losing- ISO.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    After a few of days of bashing Galactus and goons, what did I get from it? 5+ Galactus Hungers tokens (not all available, by any means), we got through round 5. 4 Anniversary tokens (=1000 iso), 50 hp, 4000 iso (and those 40 iso rewards from boss fights). Some standard tokens, some boosts. You can get that from two, three DDQ:s. 20 minutes of playing.
    Next GH reward would be that 900k Human Torch, still 250k missing from that. I would need to double and some my current score to get Legendary Token.
    My alliance mates, on the other hand, the ones not on the verge of 4* transition? They were screwed, from the beginning. Has this been a fun, inspiring event? I'll give you a hint. NO!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Yasuru wrote:

That one was 'easy' icon_razz.gif the worst for me was the Spiderman one, where you are forced to use Spiderman and then you have to fight first against 8 teisatsu, and then a 395 Gorgon. I barely got to Gorgon, but he wiped me (the attack tiles the hand guys left when they die where doing like 2-3k damage every turn, and my JG got wiped by a clock tile, I could not match purple fast enlugh icon_razz.gif). And they left so many attack tiles that I dont think I am going to be able to beat it with GSBW+ProfX
    IM40/Lcap, win
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Tthe worst for me was the Spiderman one, where you are forced to use Spiderman and then you have to fight first against 8 teisatsu, and then a 395 Gorgon.
    That one's straightforward, but very tedious. It's stun/kill, stun/kill, stun/kill, etc. etc.
  • Ctenko
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Yasuru wrote:

Really, but Spidey is like the best for that. If you Stun a Teisatsu, he doesn't put down tiles when he dies. If you are using HT, then you can basically Two shot a ninja of almost ANY level with a good Torch greenflag.png So long as you have Ten Green.

Finish the last Ninja with a power, and Stun Lock Gorgon forever when he shows up. Even One star Spiderman can do that, with some effectiveness. It's literally the only way I can beat a 395 Gorgon who starts with Thirty redtile.png is by Stunlock.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Yasuru wrote:

Spider-man, Hulk, Squirrel Girl. Leave enough attack tiles on the board to charge up Nuts from Above and trigger Angry. Green goes towards Furry Friends. Spider-man stunlocks Gorgon and heals.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I will not bash the galactus event itself, as that has been done enough already, but I will describe what has happened in my particular case and how this event is hurting D3 and new players.

I am an old school player (downloaded MPQ the minute it was live in the app store as I have been a PQ/galactrix fan). I had to stop playing for about a year after I hit day 120. I did manage to come back a few months ago and I have to say I am happy on how the game has evolved in general since I first downloaded it. Reading the forums on how past anniversary events were, since I was not able to play in them I thought this sounds incredibly fun. I went to youtube and saw the ultron fights and I thought to myself that is a refreshingly cool mechanic. Note, difficulty is one thing and mechanics are another. I saw the galactus description and thought to myself this is another cool mechanic(and I have to admit, rounds 1-2 were actually quite cool, who can disagree there?). Reading up an the supposed anniversary sales, and these magical anniversary tokens from past events, I think to myself, now would be a great time to add my RLFs to this game.

I reach out to my 2 closest friends who are hardcore gamers and also semi whales at the same time. One had played the original PQ and PQ2 some. the other had not. They become hooked on the game, and combined they spent more than $400 the week they start playing(1 week before this anniversary). I plead for them to save their money for the sales and the awesome tokens. They say they would rather spend more money if needed on these tokens when the anniversary rolls up. They want more tokens now. It's their money so whatever. They are absolutely having a BLAST playing the game, and are hyped for the anniversary. In preparation I tell them to join the galactus event at 12 pm sharp and hit him early. They join at around 1 pm when galactus is at round 3. The first message I got sent by my best friend made me feel like a jerk. Just three words. "This is fun?". This come from a person who was having a blast a day before. He even pulled an old man logan and was rubbing it in my face as I have yet to grab a 5 star. My other friend has hardly mentioned the game since the anniversary. Thank god they did not wait on these tokens, as they are not good. They got great pulls from the 40 packs they bought.

Now I have to say I really like this game. It is solid. Its got hiccups but so does everything else. I will not stop playing due to this event, but I am truly sad as how this anniversary is playing out(present tense, as it can still change). My friends have not spent another dime(and they can easily drop another $500 if motivated). They are playing PVP and enjoying it but have not touched galactus, and it is a shame. It is a unique event with unique mechanics, only available for a short time(as it stands i hope to never see him again), and they are avoiding him.

What surprises me is that is game is quite generous if not THE MOST GENEROUS game I have played, and I have played too many to count, related to premium currency and also characters/items/equivalent. The anniversary feels like a reverse generosity event. Galactus wins=40 iso, tokens are not attractive, etc. Honestly I would rather not receive a prize than receive a 40 iso reward slap in the face. Defeating galactus feels rewarding enough by itself, seeing a 40 iso reward afterwards kind of undermines the effort/luck put in there. In this case no reward would piss me of less vs 40 iso reward. I have grabbed every single PVE legendary token and had ended with about 30% more points above the legendary token requirement. In this event I have poured my heart and health packs out, my alliance has reached round 6 (and I am happy with them with the effort put in, but unhappy with the event outcome)and I am not even at the half way point to grab a legendary token(and am ranked 4 in the alliance).

Me and my two RLF will continue to play of course since this is a solid game, but they are giving me a hard time for hyping up the galactus event. And also look at this. 1 week before anniversary about $400 spent combined. After galactus rolled out and started eye killing everybody $0 dollars spent. These 2 new semi whales have not been given a good reason to spend their money. Normal tokens are better. They might spend more after this rolls over, but this seems like a missed opportunity to both make money AND make the player base happy.

Regardless of the 2-3 round eye **** galactus I still enjoy the heck out of this game. Keep up the good work(I do not consider galactus event good work, but most of the game is incredible work).

P.S. if anyone in D3 would like to check the usernames/spending habits of myself and my friends I can give out the names of my friends. This is not made up. I would not say you are loosing money, but you are not making as much as you can, which can be considered loosing money.

If you have read this far, congratulations and sorry for the mega long post. I hardly post in the forums, and I do not believe in Bashing. But constructive criticism is better long term for the game.
  • So I created a forum account just to say, amongst everyone else, that this event sucks. I've been playing for about 3 and a half months, and am currently with a soft cap team of 94 and a roster of 76. I have maxed every 2 star, most 1 stars and have probably half or more 3 stars at 94 as well. I have spent a lot of money on this game (over 500 dollars altogether), mainly because I want to collect them all so I bought roster slots. I've bought a few covers and some token packs, but roster slots mainly. That being said, this event is horrible. The nodes are outrageous, some are challenging and fun. Others are downright cheap and distasteful (such as 8 hand with turn to smoke followed by a level 377 gorgon. I was dead before I even realized what happened when gorgon showed up). The galactus battles while yes a few have discovered ways to beat him a high percentage of the time, still relies on having the right characters and the right covers for those characters. Otherwise it is pure luck. Pure luck you don't die on the 3 or 4 turn whatever it is. No chance to build a strategy. No chance to recover from a mistake, just you're dead.

This is just not fun. Yes, it feels rewarding when you do beat him, but then it sucks when you get nothing good from it. I have received over 15 2 star tokens in the last 2 days, including galactus hungers, heroic, and the "special anniversary" tokens and the only cover over a 2 star I received was from a standard 1 star token. ****. This even was hyped and played up so much from my friends and everyone who played last year's that I was super excited, just to be let down tremendously. I have a friend who stopped playing because of the 5 star character level announcement and I've been trying to convince him to start playing again. After what I've seen the last few days I can't say I blame him, and I kinda want to join him. I've never spent money on a free to play game before this one. It is/was my favorite by far ever. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Come on guys you are losing a lot of fans, and a lot of customers. Get your #%!* together before you lose everyone.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Miles: I've been playing it. It's a ton of fun. I think we learned a lot when we did Ultron, and as fun as that was, this is even more fun."

I'm genuinely curious what team or characters were used to have fun with.

On round 8 only, I'm actually having fun with 1* Hawkeye on my team (Galactus node). Having to figure out which row to clear to maximize tile removal and cascades, or where to place my crit tile to make a match 5 is very fun for me. It requires me to plan out my next moves and calculate where tiles will land. I'm unable to do this on earlier rounds though for reasons.

What teams/characters did the dev team use to have fun and prolong the match?

(Double posted in the community video thread)
  • FrostKnux
    FrostKnux Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Obvious Galactus stinks. Beat him on his first absorption round or lose. Great. There is nothing exciting or fun there.

Why aren't special bosses like this puzzles you have to beat, like clearing every gem or making matches to make special tiles like the first PQ? Seriously, where are the puzzles???
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've thrown in the towel at round 5 and a lot of my alliance feels the same way. Now we're not a top alliance by any means; we've hit T500 a few times but never beyond that. We've just got 2 or 3 players with some 166's, and I'm not one of them. We are all just beyond frustrated that no teams we can throw at G matter. 1, 2, 3, "HAHA YOU LOSE!" On my last attempt I actually got a decent start. Collected some green for Torch, wiped out a couple rows to slow G, thought, "Hey maybe I can take a few K off him this time since I can get Torch's green to - "

And then? A CD resolves, giving G a healthy cascade, 30 black AP, insta-death.

So I went to try the Torch essential node after spending the health pack, and what do I get? A 175+ Juggs with a green feeder. I wasn't even close to winning that node. Crash, cascade, headbutt, rinse & repeat.

I rage-quit the event in alliance chat at that point and the next player to post fully agreed with me.

There's nothing else I can add to what's already been said. This event is no tinykitty fun, this anniversary is a disaster, D3 is out to lunch if they think otherwise. I would genuinely advise new players to stay away from this game now and go play Future Fight instead.