Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    mouser wrote:
    Well, we made it to 13 minutes this time around.

New record!
  • I'm currently at zero minutes and checking my internet connection…

Sigh.

DBC
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    alliance as a whole got to round 2.

personally, beat galactus 6 times and all sub nodes. but i have zero points to show for it. literally.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Event starts and the servers immediately get really twitchy - connection loss between every match and it seems to be getting worse. This is both in wifi and 3G (cellular). I'm UK GMT BTW.

Oh, and coincidently (perhaps) the forum is really slow.

Edit: Nah, servers properly down. FFS.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    It appears that the sub-nodes don't refresh every round like they did with Ultron. I beat all the nodes in round 1 and now I'm forced to wait 7h3m until they refresh even through the rest of my alliance is on round 3. This means that unless I wake up in the middle of the night I'm only going to be able to do 2.5 clears a day instead of 3 clears a day on the later rounds. Not cool.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    vudu3 wrote:
    It appears that the sub-nodes don't refresh every round like they did with Ultron. I beat all the nodes in round 1 and now I'm forced to wait 7h3m until they refresh even through the rest of my alliance is on round 3. This means that unless I wake up in the middle of the night I'm only going to be able to do 2.5 clears a day instead of 3 clears a day on the later rounds. Not cool.

Maybe not. It looks like it's not an 8 hr timer after done, but an 8 hour window. Just play when you wake up.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    vudu3 wrote:
    I only hit through 3 sub nodes before tge server melted. Did we make it to round 3?
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Well this is some major tinykitty...I made all my clears in round 1...and now were in round 3 and Im locked out still. I don't really see how max progression is going to be possible with being locked out for another 8hrs. Good foresight guys!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    rossmon wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:

Maybe not. It looks like it's not an 8 hr timer after done, but an 8 hour window. Just play when you wake up.
    I started right at the beginning so I can't verify this but if what you say is true then that's good news. It doesn't help me with missing out on rounds 2 and 3 (and maybe 4) but at least it won't hurt for the later rounds.
    vudu3 wrote:
    I only hit through 3 sub nodes before tge server melted. Did we make it to round 3?
    Yes. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    So basically I should have just waited until the rest of my alliance cleared rounds 1 and 2 (screwing them over) then used my 6 clears in round 3 where the points are higher...yay team!!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can anyone confirm if Elektra survives the blast with Shadow Step? I think she can survive mega-whales, so she should make it through Galactus.

It's a weird option to have... but could buy enough time to salvage a win...
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Can anyone confirm if Elektra survives the blast with Shadow Step? I think she can survive mega-whales, so she should make it through Galactus.

It's a weird option to have... but could buy enough time to salvage a win...

Galactus destroys the board, clearing all traps along with everything else.

Ah, good call. So FBS is the only "cheat" to avoiding total destruction then.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    FBS would prevent that teammate from taking damage, since they are out of play..

In M:TG terms, the character is safe haven'd. They are not capable of taking dmg while that enchantment is in play.

How does elektra's trappish ability work with it?

And how about fury's traps?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Did anyone test venom's devour skill yet?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did anyone test venom's devour skill yet?
    if my experience in rd 3 is any indication, good luck setting up enough webs AND gathering enough black. that would just take way too long.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    spccrain wrote:
    Well this is some major tinykitty...I made all my clears in round 1...and now were in round 3 and Im locked out still. I don't really see how max progression is going to be possible with being locked out for another 8hrs. Good foresight guys!

prediction: crazy high point totals in rounds 6-8 will be more than enough to push anybody across that line, should the alliance get that far.

Of course, with the lockout after nodes are cleared, the challenge will BE getting that far.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    spccrain wrote:
    So basically I should have just waited until the rest of my alliance cleared rounds 1 and 2 (screwing them over) then used my 6 clears in round 3 where the points are higher...yay team!!

Is that seriously how it is meant to work and it isn't just broken due to the servers keeling over?
  • What happens if you set up some XF Deadpool Countdown For What tiles when he nukes the board?

That'd set them all off, wouldn't it?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    What happens if you set up some XF Deadpool Countdown For What tiles when he nukes the board?

Pretty sure Deadpool would KO before the CDFW resolves, so it does nothing.
  • colwag wrote:
    What happens if you set up some XF Deadpool Countdown For What tiles when he nukes the board?

Pretty sure Deadpool would KO before the CDFW resolves, so it does nothing.

That'd be if the damage activated first, then the tiles.

But if that was the case, then Eleckta could Shadow-Step it, then play around on the new board.

Unless both actions happen simultaneously somehow? I imagine it's something that could be programmed for, at least.