Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Would really like to know if nodes not refreshing after a round clear is intended or a server problem. I used all 6 of my clears on rounds 1 & 2. It sucks sitting on the sideline while my alliance mates rack up massive points...
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technically it does seem like jumping in quickly is actually not the best strategy. Of course, it doesn't matter now because everyone was going to jump in already did. icon_e_smile.gif But yeah, the strongest teams should have waited until after round 2 at least to jump in. But now you'll know for next time.

Also, you're much more likely to hit the personal progression goals by playing during the later stages. (They're also harder, though.)

The way the event is set up, each person can only do 5 attacks MAXIMUM every 8 hours (assuming the essential nodes all unlock every 8 hours) with one extra attack to start off, or if you miss 8 straight hours. (The main node resets after each battle, the essentials reset after X time.) Subtract one from this for each essential you're missing. No idea if these will change as the event goes on or not, but I'm guessing yes based on the 14 powered up characters. Note, however, that all Wolverines count for the "Wolverine" node, so there are really only 8 individuals powered up, only one of whom (Jean) is a 4* (not sure if Kamala counts for the Ms. Marvel node or not - if so, that's only 7). If Iceman and the new Cyclops count, that's 10 (or 9), with 2 more possible 4*s.

All that to say: each individual's contribution is capped, and having as many alliance members attack each 8 hours as possible is the best strategy. However, the REALLY nice thing is that you can attack at ANY TIME during those 8 hours. That's pretty awesome, since you're not limited to a narrow window.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I'd rather only be capped to "this is too hard for my roster now". Not waiting for everyone else in my alliance to have to play to progress us to a point where I feel like it's worth it for me to attack. As it stands right now I blew all my attacks on rounds 1 & 2. Which were cake walks for max boosted xforce...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i mean this is just plain stupid to have the nods locked for 8 hours why didnt you run another PVE along the side of this.. So i get to play 5 nodes every 8 hours and nothing else to do since there is no season running.. Good way to get a major player based to just leave and find something else
  • slidecage wrote:
    i mean this is just plain stupid to have the nods locked for 8 hours why didnt you run another PVE along the side of this.. So i get to play 5 nodes every 8 hours and nothing else to do since there is no season running.. Good way to get a major player based to just leave and find something else

Anniversary Season starts in 4.5 hours
  • slidecage
    SmashAdam4 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Anniversary Season starts in 4.5 hours

where do you see that not on my screens just black vortex then again maybe season dont pop until the first event starts forgot about that..
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Vortex has the "Anniversary" season tag on it. The season starts when its first event does.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Vortex has the "Anniversary" season tag on it. The season starts when its first event does.
    Maybe the season rewards will help make up for some of the Galactus and disappointing Anniversary tokens sting...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    So I got locked after round 1 and bought it was th server issue that has me locked out of round 4. If we are only able to play once clear every 8 hrs I is going to be brutal to try and hi full progressions. Once the team kills Galactus all nodes should unlock, and when the new nodes start all nodes should unlock like Ultron.
    For we stay locked even if your alliance kills Galactus that sucks.
  • so this entire event last 3 days and 12 hours, but only the first 3-4 hours of the event were interesting because now they are already too high level and galactus does his super power with 1 million damage? Or what are we supposed to do in the next 3 days ?
  • slidecage
    Frasaria wrote:
    so this entire event last 3 days and 12 hours, but only the first 3-4 hours of the event were interesting because now they are already too high level and galactus does his super power with 1 million damage? Or what are we supposed to do in the next 3 days ?

go find a better game to play and forget all about this one icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    Can someone tell me if the side nods lock down for 8 hours then why are their 4 items to win.. You get all new teams on the 8 hour reset
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Did anyone test venom's devour skill yet?

Can't survive long enough to get any decent AP let alone 6 web tiles out and AP for devour
  • Yeah, who ever decided to double Galactus' AP gain off cosmic tiles is the worst.

I mean, Im normally super apologist about this games flaws, but c'mon, that last minute update ruined this.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Some info regarding the new Anniversary "Season"tile. Once you beat the loaner node, Your main Galactus pin will unlock, but will not give you any more points. Tested by a couple of us already, but it did give me an iso reward! It will also reset your Main pin's timer back to 8h.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    Yeah, who ever decided to double Galactus' AP gain off cosmic tiles is the worst.

I mean, Im normally super apologist about this games flaws, but c'mon, that last minute update ruined this.

I went into the first round thinking "Okay, this is managable but I can see how at higher HP he's get tricky".

Then I had to leave the game for a bit and my alliance got up to round 4. Tried again and...twice he killed me in three turns.
    I cannot believe this was playtested. At least Ultron would take 8 moves for the bomb to drop unless you matched below it. Galactus can take you down literally in 3 moves. This makes it luck based and hoping for a good board full of matches and that he doesn't put his countdown timers in the corner or in an unmatchable place...which he usually does.

Also the timers have sped up. So we have a combination of faster countdown timers, more cosmic tiles created from them and more AP gained from each tile. At this rate by the Cyclops section it's going to end up with 1 turn countdowns that create 5 cosmics worth 6AP each.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    OJSP wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    Some info regarding the new Anniversary "Season"tile. Once you beat the loaner node, Your main Galactus pin will unlock, but will not give you any more points. Tested by a couple of us already, but it did give me an iso reward! It will also reset your Main pin's timer back to 8h.
    I tried this, but it didn't work (neither unlocking the pin or resetting the timer) .. on iOS.

Interesting, we started with everything on cooldown, did season node,and got an unlocked Galactus main node. I'll note that the first time I noticed it, I tabbed over to Line to ask my alliance, and when I tabbed back Galactus was locked again. Second test I stayed in game, and it worked as above. On Android.
  • shurak wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    crazy how many changes have been made almost directly against team suggestions made on this forum. Is the point of a puzzle game not to let people solve the 'puzzle' of beating it?
    Actually it is quite disappointing that they get our ideas on fighting it and make changes to invalidate them. The way it's going they could save themselves a lot of time by designing very simple boss with just one passive skill - do nothing for 10 turns then auto-win.
    I guess I was too generous with 10 turns suggestion. It's more like 4-5 turns auto-win. In 6 attempts in round 4 only once I was able to get winfinite train rolling thanks to 2 lucky match 5. All others failed miserably doing paltry 1-2K damage. I seriously doubt there is any sense for me to waste more time with it. At this rate even hitting 120K prog seems a long shot and it's just the next **** token.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Now that we're past the first few rounds, it's insanely brutal. Round 3 and 4, my team is straight up getting killed by turn 5. Unless I get some very lucky cascades, then it's maybe turn 7.

Out of all my goes, three of them I didn't even get to fire an ability. Bleh.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    edited October 2015
    Ludaa wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    I tried this, but it didn't work (neither unlocking the pin or resetting the timer) .. on iOS.

Interesting, we started with everything on cooldown, did season node,and got an unlocked Galactus main node. I'll note that the first time I noticed it, I tabbed over to Line to ask my alliance, and when I tabbed back Galactus was locked again. Second test I stayed in game, and it worked as above. On Android.

I noticed that mine was unlocked too, didn't know why.

I got a couple more kicks at G out of it, but it seems to have stopped working for me after two free unlocks.