Information about Galactus Event

fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed there are a few questions floating around about the event that have yet to be answered so I figured it would be helpful to gather all the information and questions we have about the event here. Obviously, the devs may not answer all (or even any) of our questions but it won't hurt to try so if you have any questions, please post them below.

What we know:
Event starts on October 8th
Alliance locked event (the crew you start with is the crew you need to end with)
Various nodes fighting villains in the game (No Galactus specific NPC henchmen)
2 runs of the event
-1st run offers 4* Cyclops prize
-2nd run offers 4* Red Hulk prize
There will be personal progression rewards and alliance progression rewards

What we don't know:

Will there be essentials? Yes.
If yes, which characters will be needed for the essentials? Human Torch (Classic), Iron Fist, Jean Grey, Kamala Khan, Black Widow (Any), Captain Marvel (Any) Spider-Man (Any), Wolverine (Any)
How long is the event? (How long is one run?) 3.5 days
Will there be a change in difficulty between the first run and second run? Not planned, but possible.
Are there time restrictions? (a la 8 hour locking of nodes like Ultron) Yes.
If we fail to stop Galactus, will it be the end for our planet? Yes.

Any further information would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    As per elsewhere, are alliance scoreboards scrollable?

There are two runs this time and would really like to know if people are being carried or not.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    As per elsewhere, are alliance scoreboards scrollable?

There are two runs this time and would really like to know if people are being carried or not.

Let's find out if the scoreboard is going to mean anything! Will it?
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    agree with this, would be nice to know if there are essentials, because I'm sat on a pile of 6 3* covers I don't want, but I'll recruit if I need any of them. Only a couple of days left on the Psylocke cover
  • My guess: one of the essentials will be bagman. But fret not, one of the essential nodes will reward him. A one cover bagman to help against Hood and muscles. And the node that rewards bagman is chosen by RNG, so 33% of the players will be stuck with a bagman essential that rewards bagman.
  • Malcrof
    How much are anniversary token packs going to cost?
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    My biggest concern has been the essentials. It's kind of hard to predict beyond maybe the Fantastic Four members, but then again, you could argue almost any of the heroes since Galactus is trying to eat Earth. Silver Surfer I'm sure is, but I don't have him, so that would bring down my participation. I also read something about an Anniversary Store? Would love more details on that as well.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu wrote:
    My biggest concern has been the essentials. It's kind of hard to predict beyond maybe the Fantastic Four members, but then again, you could argue almost any of the heroes since Galactus is trying to eat Earth. Silver Surfer I'm sure is, but I don't have him, so that would bring down my participation. I also read something about an Anniversary Store? Would love more details on that as well.

50 hp tokens with crazy drop rates for icon_devildino.png and chances for massive amounts of HP.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    50 hp tokens with crazy drop rates for icon_devildino.png and chances for massive amounts of HP.
    This was true last year, but it's a bit early to assume it will be exactly the same this year.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    This was true last year, but it's a bit early to assume it will be exactly the same this year.

I'm pretty sure these facts have been confirmed between IceIX and press releases though I can't find the info now.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Answers in the OP in red.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please change subject title and pin
  • About the essentials that were listed.

Human torch classic is the 3*. Iron fist, enough said. Jean Grey as well. Kamala Khan, good.

Black Widow (any): Which versions count? The hero ones? or Villan versions as well? Like 1* modern BW, OBW, GSBW ? .... Yelena???

Captain Marvel (any): Ms. Marvel 2* and Capt. Marvel 3* ???

Spider Man (any): explanatory, either 1* or 3*, unless they're also hinting at spider characters like venom and carnage.

Wolverine (any): 1*.2*.3*.4*.5*

TOO MANY ESSENTIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_e_confused.gif
  • The fate of the planet rests on our fingers... no pressure.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it works like the Ultron "(any)" essentials, then any character with that name will count. 1*, 2*, and 3* Black Widow, the 2* and 3* versions of Carol Danvers, etc.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    About the essentials that were listed.

Human torch classic is the 3*. Iron fist, enough said. Jean Grey as well. Kamala Khan, good.

Black Widow (any): Which versions count? The hero ones? or Villan versions as well? Like 1* modern BW, OBW, GSBW ? .... Yelena???

Captain Marvel (any): Ms. Marvel 2* and Capt. Marvel 3* ???

Spider Man (any): explanatory, either 1* or 3*, unless they're also hinting at spider characters like venom and carnage.

Wolverine (any): 1*.2*.3*.4*.5*

TOO MANY ESSENTIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_e_confused.gif

(any) means you can take any of these versions. You got the choice. Don't have the 3* but only the 2*, take it!

P.S. Yelena DOES NOT count as Black Widow. Neither Carnage/Venom count as Spidey.
  • Awesome list of essentials ... long, but common characters, except maybe Jean.

Wonder why it isn't "any" Torch tho? Why specific on Torch?

Galactus and FF go way back.... so maybe that's why it's so specific.
  • ... what a weird bunch of essentials. Not really bent towards any group like Ultron was.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    barrok wrote:
    Awesome list of essentials ... long, but common characters, except maybe Jean.

Wonder why it isn't "any" Torch tho? Why specific on Torch?

Galactus and FF go way back.... so maybe that's why it's so specific.
    that still doesn't explain why 2* torch shouldn't be acceptable. ice listed classic torch which is 3* HT, which implies johnny storm 2* does not count. which is why aes was curious.

edit: that list of essentials (which presumably will get the big boost?), added to the weekly boosted and you have a ton of great characters to choose from:

5* - Essential OM Logan?
    4* - Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Kingpin, Essential Jean Grey, Essential XF Wolverine
    3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern), Essential Torch, Essential Iron Fist, Essential GSBW, Essential Marvel, Essential Spidey, Essential Patch
    2* - Bullseye, Moonstone, Essential AX Wolverine, Essential Marvel
    1* - Storm, Venom, Essential Spidey, Essential MBW (thanks for pointing that out mal)

wow - imhb, fist, kk, thor, panther, patch, jean, xfw - lots of firepower.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow as soon as I actually get at least one cover of the higher ranked fantastic 4, (thing, invisible woman, and reed) you guys choose 3 star torch and jean gray over them.
  • Malcrof
    Will there be a 12 hour gap between runs, like we had with Ultron?