Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure its a blast with 2 maxed out 5* characters.
  • Figure15 wrote:

The funny thing is, I highly doubt it is. G's a one shot kill, so SS and OML heals are pointless, and neither has cheap enough tile manipulation to really deal with him. I suspect that the original version on the D3 support version was quite a bit of fun, then someone read the theory crafting on the boards and decided "WOAH, WE NEED TO FIX THESE" without even realizing G's potency increased per round anyway.
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    My favourite part of this whole debacle is that in Round 5 - where I'm wiping about 40% of the time - it still says the Galactus node is "Trivial".
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    So after 1 pass of round 6 Galactus:
    1-5 W-L
    20 turns total
    2 wipes and 3 retreats in the face of certain room

Losses before round 6: 0
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Figure15 wrote:

I don't see how either or both makes it any less of a Luck sack.

Max level Surfer can drop him in Four Red uses... But that's the same 28 AP he needs to OHKO your team. And he gathers it WAY faster, even if you get charge tiles constantly. So I don't think it'd be fun EVEN with a MAX level surfer on your side as a Join Forces.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Etheus wrote:
    So after 1 pass of round 6 Galactus:
    1-5 W-L
    20 turns total
    2 wipes and 3 retreats in the face of certain room

Losses before round 6: 0

I think that is my exact W/L as well. I think I managed 22 Turns though. Beating him the Once took seven turns to IF punch him to annoyance.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    You basically HAVE to have him down by the 3rd turn.

This whole event is just a big **** You to the players. First have a sale a few days beforehand to get as much cash out of people as you can, then once the event starts, reveal that the drop percentages for 4*'s has been greatly reduced in the event tokens. THEN make the central aspect of the event 99% luck and 1% skill so even if you haven't quit yet, by God you're going to regret that decision now.

"Hey thanks for putting 2 years of time and lord knows how much money into our game. We're going to go ahead and illustrate how pointless that was by squaring you off against an opponent that you have almost no chance of beating for a couple of covers of a 4* who isn't actually all that good. Are you getting it now Sisyphus? DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET?!!"
  • Fighting Ultron was fun. It lasted several rounds, I won some, I lost some.

This isn't fun. And my alliance is getting restless. What a disappointment! I don't know if they have a fix for it. They had had a decent run of new features, but this is a dud.
  • kickpuncher11
    kickpuncher11 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    This is bar-none, the WORST event d3 has ever put out. Part of the reason I like this game, is I can make great decisions and pull wins out of my A.
    It's gone with galactus. Why am I even playing?
  • Shulu
    Shulu Posts: 14
    I so glad I didn't drop any cash into hero points. IceIX comment about making room for new covers made me almost do it. I've gotten 3 tokens so far all being 2* . As a 120 day player doing PVP isn't going to get me much more so basically I get to keep $30 in my wallet!

Dino, Cyclops, RedHulk, OML all a pipe dream at this point. Galacticus is a million tinykitties.

D3 anniversary Event is like a wedding anniversary.
    Me: I'm going to get some lovin'.
    Wife: I've got a headache.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think nostalgia is kicking in for some (or possibly Stockholm Syndrome). People were just as adamant at the time about Ultron's impossibility.

That said, this is a giant slot machine. There's zero strategy when you're dead on turn 4.

Despite the biting sarcasm, I genuinely have enjoyed everything the game as done in 2 years. This is finally eroding my fun. I just don't see how anyone is supposed to beat this, while also having enough health packs to do the PvP stuff. And that's from someone who's still cleared about 50% in round 6.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think nostalgia is kicking in for some (or possibly Stockholm Syndrome). People were just as adamant at the time about Ultron's impossibility.

That said, this is a giant slot machine. There's zero strategy when you're dead on turn 4.

Despite the biting sarcasm, I genuinely have enjoyed everything the game as done in 2 years. This is finally eroding my fun. I just don't see how anyone is supposed to beat this, while also having enough health packs to do the PvP stuff. And that's from someone who's still cleared about 50% in round 6.

I think there is generally less uproar about being able to beat or complete it (except for the really high level players who expect to) but the poor planning and execution of how they went about it. There was no gradual increase in difficulty as one could expect from any reasonable game you play. It went from easy (round 1/2) to very difficult (round 3 and beyond) for almost every player. I am sure some higher level players didn't have much difficulty in round 3/4 but the majority of players have found it nearly impossible starting at this point and it is merely a game of pure luck for them now. That is what is so frustrating I believe after reading so many posts on the forums. I myself, an average player finishing the 3* transition and in a casual alliance, never expected to finish the event. I did however reasonably expect to be able to get to round 5 or 6 and be challenged like I was in the Ultron event. I have a tough time currently in the 3rd round and I don't think my alliance will make it much past 4th round at this rate.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Warbringa wrote:
    I think there is generally less uproar about being able to beat or complete it (except for the really high level players who expect to) but the poor planning and execution of how they went about it. There was no gradual increase in difficulty as one could expect from any reasonable game you play. It went from easy (round 1/2) to very difficult (round 3 and beyond) for almost every player. I am sure some higher level players didn't have much difficulty in round 3/4 but the majority of players have found it nearly impossible starting at this point and it is merely a game of pure luck for them now. That is what is so frustrating I believe after reading so many posts on the forums. I myself, an average player finishing the 3* transition and in a casual alliance, never expected to finish the event. I did however reasonably expect to be able to get to round 5 or 6 and be challenged like I was in the Ultron event. I have a tough time currently in the 3rd round and I don't think my alliance will make it much past 4th round at this rate.

Round 6 is where my 4* roster is having difficulty. The team I'm using the most for Galactus? PX/SW/GSBW. That's really the only hope to beat him. This event is insane.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    yeah my alliance just hit round 6, I have yet to make it past the third turn...I do not see the point in this, you cannot resolve enough of his cd tiles to stop him from gaining the needed ap for the OHKO
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    We just started R6. I've won 3 of 6 in Round 6, with one wipe at 300 hp to go and two retreats at exactly 6285, using IF/SW/XFW. The three losses had no purpletile.png matches on the starting board, so it's down to a coin flip in round 6.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

You are incorrect. In the first run of ultron, ultron himself was bearable with a deep roster. The difficulty in the imhb run came from his massively high health totals that required perfect grinding from all 20 peopke5 to clear round 8.

People didn't complain about the difficulty of ultron until the third ultron run. That his when the devs switched up his bombs, making them team damage and 3x as powerful.

And even then, I remember postings statements saying this is too hard to be fun because it's a feast or famine event where you win with no damage or wipe completely.

Galaxy is is exactly the same, except the wipe occurs in round 4 instead of round 8-10. It's much worse.

This is equivalent of ultron appearance in the gauntlet, when his aoe bombs combined with Loki and she-hill's boardshake powers to sometimes cause a wipe on round 3. Only now you need to beat this node 5 times every 8 hours for the next two days, rather than just once.
  • Philly79
    We just started R6. I've won 3 of 6 in Round 6, with one wipe at 300 hp to go and two retreats at exactly 6285, using IF/SW/XFW. The three losses had no purpletile.png matches on the starting board, so it's down to a coin flip in round 6.

Same here, I am 0-4 so far, this last round I finally got enough purple and next turn was game over, only had enough because of a lucky match 5 I was able to grab.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Information about Galactus Event:

the-critic-animated-jay-sherman.jpg
  • Philly79
    ^^Nice....
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, this isn't that much fun. I've got a pretty weak roster and playing in a casual alliance, so I am not really expecting much, but getting wiped out in three turns is just not fun. I did get in a pretty lucky win in round 4 with a max level 2* Wolverine and Ms. Marvel and a low level 2* black widow. I'd be pretty happy to get one of those classic cyclops covers out of this, but not expecting it.

Definitely not one of those people to ever get a legendary token, but since for some reason I can only get any covers above 2* from the standard tokens I might break the system if I ever got one. lol (seriously, I have two accounts and despite playing daily I've got two covers over 2* from non-standard packs while last night I opened 6 standards and got 2 squirrel girl covers)

I didn't play the Ultron event until they did it the second time, and I don't know if they modified it or not, but I found that one to be a lot of fun, but this one just sucks. Even the essential fights kind of stink. Why is Classic torch the only FF character in the essentials? This whole thing seems poorly put together.