Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    On the bright side: Galactus generating AP in every color makes OBW a lot more useful, as she'd have pink to actually steal to fuel her Aggressive Recon AND Black-matching Espionage to get a double dose of AP stealin'
    If you don't bring a boosted black AP user with a higher match value for black than her. And I have her 3/5/5 so it's a cheaper steal at 8AP, but does not steal purple.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    crazy how many changes have been made almost directly against team suggestions made on this forum. Is the point of a puzzle game not to let people solve the 'puzzle' of beating it?
  • bobbyfish
    Do we know how many levels each character will be boosted by? Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere
  • JVReal wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    On the bright side: Galactus generating AP in every color makes OBW a lot more useful, as she'd have pink to actually steal to fuel her Aggressive Recon AND Black-matching Espionage to get a double dose of AP stealin'
    If you don't bring a boosted black AP user with a higher match value for black than her. And I have her 3/5/5 so it's a cheaper steal at 8AP, but does not steal purple.

Even if she doesn't steal black with matches, she still steals it with Aggressive Recon

But, tis true. You do want to have SOMEBODY who doesn't tank black for her, yet can still use it, and a lot of that depends pretty heavily on your level of play. And how much she's boosted.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    ruyen wrote:
    My Qs:
    1. Probably already asked, but will some nodes be more valuable than others (HP, tokens, etc..), as they were in Ultron?

2. Will Galactus make moves or sit there like Ultron?
    From a screenshot somewhere, it looked like there are 2 survival nodes and 3 normal nodes. I'd guess the 2 survival nodes are the ones that have the token/HP as possible rewards and the normal nodes don't? Just my own speculation.
  • JVReal
    mohio wrote:
    ruyen wrote:
    My Qs:
    1. Probably already asked, but will some nodes be more valuable than others (HP, tokens, etc..), as they were in Ultron?

2. Will Galactus make moves or sit there like Ultron?
    From a screenshot somewhere, it looked like there are 2 survival nodes and 3 normal nodes. I'd guess the 2 survival nodes are the ones that have the token/HP as possible rewards and the normal nodes don't? Just my own speculation.
    fce4b00706131089e38ffcfedf8936e41de1097a-t.png

Looks like 2 survival nodes, 2 goon nodes, a Character node? And Round 1 Galactus with 90K health
  • bobbyfish wrote:
    crazy how many changes have been made almost directly against team suggestions made on this forum. Is the point of a puzzle game not to let people solve the 'puzzle' of beating it?
    Actually it is quite disappointing that they get our ideas on fighting it and make changes to invalidate them. The way it's going they could save themselves a lot of time by designing very simple boss with just one passive skill - do nothing for 10 turns then auto-win.
  • bobbyfish
    shurak wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Actually it is quite disappointing that they get our ideas on fighting it and make changes to invalidate them. The way it's going they could save themselves a lot of time by designing very simple boss with just one passive skill - do nothing for 10 turns then auto-win.

exactly, odd to keep negating any interesting designs in the name of stopping players being too 'clever'
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    So they revamped the description again. The CD tiles do damage and create Cosmic Tiles (added damage and removed verbiage that said they turned into cosmic tiles). The Cosmic Tiles generate 2 AP in EVERY COLOR (to prevent shulk from draining black every time more than likely). Destroys all the tiles on the board when it hits 28 AP (to prevent Starlord pushing cost above 30, and to wipe out Elektra shadow step tiles).

http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... event-info
    But Colossus can still toss a teammate off the doomed planet!
    Granted, that will only give you one extra turn, but still...
  • What are the chances you can reach max progression (individually and round-based) against Galactus? Any thoughts.
    I’m anxious… I fought Ultron the first time and in the first session, reached round 8 but the second session didn’t.
    How often do we need to play?
    How often does our alliance need to play?
    How many essentials do we need to make it?
    Etc.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    So they revamped the description again. The CD tiles do damage and create Cosmic Tiles (added damage and removed verbiage that said they turned into cosmic tiles). The Cosmic Tiles generate 2 AP in EVERY COLOR (to prevent shulk from draining black every time more than likely). Destroys all the tiles on the board when it hits 28 AP (to prevent Starlord pushing cost above 30, and to wipe out Elektra shadow step tiles).

Would give you more than one turn. Galactus would have 0 black left after casting, you'd have time before he whacks you again.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are the chances you can reach max progression (individually and round-based) against Galactus? Any thoughts.
    I’m anxious… I fought Ultron the first time and in the first session, reached round 8 but the second session didn’t.
    How often do we need to play?
    How often does our alliance need to play?
    How many essentials do we need to make it?
    Etc.

Simple answer for round based, everyone in the alliance including yourself needs to hit him as often as possible, as quickly as possible within the first 8 hours.

Without knowing Galactus's battle health per round, it's hard to give an exact number, but if all 20 hit every refresh, it looks like it should be pretty doable.

As far as individual, generally if you're taking care of the round based efficiently, individual will take care of itself.
  • bobbyfish
    so is it worth a slot to pick up a 1 red / 1 black colussus do we think? I've got him sat waiting for the call. Could sell a 2* instead of buying a slot I guess, just depends how useful he's going to be
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waiting on someone to make an official event thread in the Events/Tournaments section, what we need now, are strategies!
  • Hey, Devs!
    Here are couple ideas you forgot to implement to make this boss really interesting. It should self-heal and steal player's AP. Passively.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbyfish wrote:
    so is it worth a slot to pick up a 1 red / 1 black colussus do we think? I've got him sat waiting for the call. Could sell a 2* instead of buying a slot I guess, just depends how useful he's going to be
    It's probably better to just bring a FBS teamup (ask your alliance!) and bring some players that can actually do damage instead.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    Hey, Devs!
    Here are couple ideas you forgot to implement to make this boss really interesting. It should self-heal and steal player's AP. Passively.

careful.. they may do it just to humor you
  • JVReal
    Quebbster wrote:
    JVReal wrote:

Would give you more than one turn. Galactus would have 0 black left after casting, you'd have time before he whacks you again.

EDIT: Deleted my comment so Devs can't make anymore changes.
  • bobbyfish
    Quebbster wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    It's probably better to just bring a FBS teamup (ask your alliance!) and bring some players that can actually do damage instead.

good shout
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Well, we made it to 13 minutes this time around.