Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progression targets need to scale based on the size of the alliance. Even if there were just two cut-offs: 1-10 members and 11-20 members.

I enjoyed Ultron (server issues aside) but it was an exercise in futility as my 5 member casual alliance had no chance of ever finishing it.

I'm still looking forward to Galactus but yeah...I'm not expecting to reap much from it. Which is a shame.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there any information on the anniversary tokens yet?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progression targets need to scale based on the size of the alliance. Even if there were just two cut-offs: 1-10 members and 11-20 members.

I enjoyed Ultron (server issues aside) but it was an exercise in futility as my 5 member casual alliance had no chance of ever finishing it.

I'm still looking forward to Galactus but yeah...I'm not expecting to reap much from it. Which is a shame.

why didnt you join a bigger alliance
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would I? I'm the commander of one I created for kicks for family and friends who play, which I'm sure quite a few people have done.

Not everyone is interested in being a faceless member of a 20/20 alliance.
  • Why would I? I'm the commander of one I created for kicks for family and friends who play, which I'm sure quite a few people have done.

I understand your frustration but I think from the devs point of view it makes no sense to overcomplicate their stuff just to accomodate a really small fraction of players.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would I? I'm the commander of one I created for kicks for family and friends who play, which I'm sure quite a few people have done.

why dont you bring in more friends.. Really though i would love for them to do PVE the way your talking but take it one more step. Like the event that starts tomorrow he has i think 90,000 it would be neat if they took that and broke it down to 4500 per person (meaning # of people in your alliance x base number would be the health) but that would be so insane to program for it will never happen. They cant even get the levels based on levels instead of fixxed, i would rather seen that first. Waiting for the complaints to come in that my Team is level 120 MAX and im fighting 3 295 people in round 8

hey it could be worse you could be a faceless member of a 20/20 alliance that is made up of 10 teams so really your in a 200/200 alliance.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Just get random pubs into your alliance, they add to the score. You can kick then whenever. They don't really care about you, you don't care about them... It's win, win.
  • SnagglePuss
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    I'm hoping that if alliances are able to complete the first run of the event relatively pain free, they don't run to the difficulty dial and turn it to 11 this time. The person in charge of scoring should have a big "NO TOUCHING" sign placed on the proverbial knobs.

If it's too easy, let it be too easy for the anniversary and wait until the next time you roll out the event to change scoring. Keep the same variables for multiple events so that you can actually tell what's actually happening instead of what appears to be doable.

Which means we should all just complain regardless of what happens

I can't believe they increased the alliance totals for this event, there's nothing happy about this anniversary.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Are the weekly buffed characters not applied to this event?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:
    Are the weekly buffed characters not applied to this event?
    The essential character list is quite long, so I assume those are the only boosted characters. Ultron worked the same way.
    Though the question is when the weekly boosts are going to be applied if this is the only PvE and we have special PvPs for the anniversary week...
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Anyway, unless the wipe %age is HIGH vs Galactus, this go looks very doable icon_e_biggrin.gif

I expect this to be the case at latter rounds. icon_cry.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Just get random pubs into your alliance, they add to the score. You can kick then whenever. They don't really care about you, you don't care about them... It's win, win.

But the event is alliance locked. Once all 20 slots are filled, new additions won't have their scores counted. So nope, won't work.
  • SnagglePuss
    puppychow wrote:

But the event is alliance locked. Once all 20 slots are filled, new additions won't have their scores counted. So nope, won't work.

Meant more for the original poster to just expand his alliance and make use of more people, not really Galactus/event specific.

There's no rule to say you can't have your own alliance with family/friends, with some random people to fill in the spaces. Whether those randoms play or not is a different questions but surely better than nothing.. i mean it's not like you're paying for alliance slots icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    So...how long before the servers break down again? icon_e_wink.gif

I'm curious about the robot goons Galactus will bring.
    Will it be Gah Lak Tus? The Punisher robot? Puninsher robots?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    So...how long before the servers break down again? icon_e_wink.gif

I'm curious about the robot goons Galactus will bring.
    Will it be Gah Lak Tus? The Punisher robot? Puninsher robots?

No robots, they already said it's just a bunch of Villains.

Which is good, because I don't think we've fought Ares-Jugg-Daken enough.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    My Qs:
    1. Probably already asked, but will some nodes be more valuable than others (HP, tokens, etc..), as they were in Ultron?

2. Will Galactus make moves or sit there like Ultron?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:

The scores 'count', they just go into a new leaderboard. In theory, you could have hundreds of people playing under 1 alliance with a revolving door of people joining and quitting. They'd just be in different groups of 20.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    So they revamped the description again. The CD tiles do damage and create Cosmic Tiles (added damage and removed verbiage that said they turned into cosmic tiles). The Cosmic Tiles generate 2 AP in EVERY COLOR (to prevent shulk from draining black every time more than likely). Destroys all the tiles on the board when it hits 28 AP (to prevent Starlord pushing cost above 30, and to wipe out Elektra shadow step tiles).

http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... event-info
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    So they revamped the description again. The CD tiles do damage and create Cosmic Tiles (added damage and removed verbiage that said they turned into cosmic tiles). The Cosmic Tiles generate 2 AP in EVERY COLOR (to prevent shulk from draining black every time more than likely). Destroys all the tiles on the board when it hits 28 AP (to prevent Starlord pushing cost above 30, and to wipe out Elektra shadow step tiles).

http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... event-info

We gave them all those ideas, aren't we great!!

lool. This is going to be fun!, so basically 15 or so turns to kill him.
  • On the bright side: Galactus generating AP in every color makes OBW a lot more useful, as she'd have pink to actually steal to fuel her Aggressive Recon AND Black-matching Espionage to get a double dose of AP stealin'