Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2015
    smoq84 wrote:
    And if you don't have 5 blue on Hood he also doesn't steal black :/
    Does Galactus move the board? If so Hood might not be a good idea anyway - to steal there must be enough black on the board.

Edit: Crazy idea crossed my mind - if Galactus doesn't move maybe Mystique/Hood/OBW could be a good team
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    The Cosmic Tile converting to Black AP gives me the impression that it only lasts one turn then disappears for guaranteed AP... what it doesn't say is how much black AP that cosmic tile gives him... is it like a charged Black Tile?
    The amount of AP they generate might increase with rounds, going from trivial to "holy **** do something" as the event goes on.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oooh, I thought of another one -- Psylocke's blue and Nick Fury's purple. If the big G doesn't move tiles then black will be his only color pool, and thus will always get drained by Bewilder and Escape Plan.
  • Another question: Can Steve Rogers overwrite Cosmic tiles?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I think going after the countdowns is better than the Cosmic tiles, assuming the Cosmics can't be matched (maybe can be destroyed by a match four though?). So Falcon, OBW, Cap, etc. that can overwrite or increase countdowns would be good.
  • shurak wrote:
    Another question: Can Steve Rogers overwrite Cosmic tiles?

If so, the time honored tradition of Cap throwing his shield at ANYTHING continues!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Atlas Axe wrote:
    I think going after the countdowns is better than the Cosmic tiles, assuming the Cosmics can't be matched (maybe can be destroyed by a match four though?). So Falcon, OBW, Cap, etc. that can overwrite or increase countdowns would be good.
    My 5/5/3 4* Thor won't seem so dumb now!
  • Oooh, I thought of another one -- Psylocke's blue and Nick Fury's purple. If the big G doesn't move tiles then black will be his only color pool, and thus will always get drained by Bewilder and Escape Plan.
    Actually if he doesn't move tiles any of your favorite anti-goon team would suffice. Now THAT sounds too good to be true.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another person who can be useful here: Elektra. Who else can dodge the destruction of the entire Earth?

Hadn't thought of that.. hmmm
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    As per elsewhere, are alliance scoreboards scrollable?

There are two runs this time and would really like to know if people are being carried or not.

I'd really appreciate to know if we must keep the same team for the 2 runs or if we can change composition between the two runs, ie. the 2 runs are considered as independent events or not?.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be funny if he killed your whole roster not just your active team
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Well, if it is contingent on him getting AP.. Ultron was immune to stun, to keep him from missing a drop.. yhey would make Galactus immune to AP drain .. so same way.. do or die..

But, you could overwrite the bombs, so there was still a way to slow down the damage. Have to wonder what sort of mechanic we'll have to do the same this time around.
  • Let's hear it for Arrow Stab! Classic icon_hawkeye.png rules the boss battles!
    I guess more generic question would be - Are the cosmic tiles destructible with any tile destruction/conversion abilities? Or is it something like SS black hole that can't be destructed?
  • fmftint wrote:
    It'd be funny if he killed your whole roster not just your active team
    Or if anyone in your Alliance allowing Galactus to fire black instakills your entire Alliance, thus making everyone truly accountable.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Well, if it is contingent on him getting AP.. Ultron was immune to stun, to keep him from missing a drop.. yhey would make Galactus immune to AP drain .. so same way.. do or die..

But, you could overwrite the bombs, so there was still a way to slow down the damage. Have to wonder what sort of mechanic we'll have to do the same this time around.
    Exactly, in Ultron you had to match away or otherwise destroy bombs to prolong your fight so you based your strategy on that. Here the AP steal/drain is your strategy to prolong the fight. Making it steal/drain immune would be like - make maximum damage in N turns then auto-loss.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    something some might of miss if im understanding it right there are no robots just villians in the sub groups. How that sounds to me this is nothing more then the sim pve with a boss battle and remember this is not Scaling this is a fix amount of levels meaning if you have a hard time in sim PVE good luck once this event gets past stage 5 or 6

on the ultron who cares about level 150 to 180 robots that can be taken down just thing a team of 180 Juggie carnage another major hitter when your max people are 100 or 120

unless im wrong what would not shock me .
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Was hoping the Essentials or at least powered up characters would be more...interplanetary: All of the Fantastic Four (long history with Galactus, Guardians of the Galaxy (don't know if they've ever encountered him) and Squirrel Girl ("singlehandedly beating him").

Oh, and the Symbiotes. And Captain Marvel. Do the Asgardians count?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Exactly, in Ultron you had to match away or otherwise destroy bombs to prolong your fight so you based your strategy on that. Here the AP steal/drain is your strategy to prolong the fight. Making it steal/drain immune would be like - make maximum damage in N turns then auto-loss.
    You have to match them away before the CD tile turns into a Cosmic Tile, I imagine once it's a cosmic tile it's too late anyway because it's gone the next turn as Black AP. Galactus will have other AP from cascades caused by disappearing CD tiles and/or disappearing Cosmic tiles.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Am I crazy or is the team here not cyc obw and hood.

Hood stealing and clearing with twin pistols.

Obw stealing and extending countdowns.

Cyc max damage with all the black you end up stealing plus red as a damage / random clear of a row.

She hulk seems to random and psylocke takes to long to steal - build the blue then wait for a countdown to steal - you'll be dead already in later rounds
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    More details on the support page:

http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... event-info

Now it's only 28 black ap. Wondering why the change...
    Link from the events sub-forum