Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    That depends on how Galactus attacks, doesn't it? Even Tetris Ultron only hit one person at a time, so as long as Galactus doesn't break that pattern you can just bring in literally any 2* or better character who uses green, purple or black and they'll tank for him.

From what i have read.. he doesn't attack.. you have x turns to kill him, or your team dies.

May be wrong on that... will try to find the link.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    That depends on how Galactus attacks, doesn't it? Even Tetris Ultron only hit one person at a time, so as long as Galactus doesn't break that pattern you can just bring in literally any 2* or better character who uses green, purple or black and they'll tank for him.

From what i have read.. he doesn't attack.. you have x turns to kill him, or your team dies.

He has one power that deals a gazillion damage to your entire team. It triggers when he has 30 black AP. His other abilities accelerate getting more black AP. So it should be possible to stall him by draining/stealing the black AP...
  • Malcrof wrote:

"Does Galactus Make Moves" is an important question that I don't know is answered yet or not.

Either way, OBW, or Hood if you can get a board full of Black and not mess with it much, seems preeeeeeetty important here.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    sounds like a job for a team we all just ran - blade/hood/shulk? rainbow actives, except blue wont be much use. problem is none of them are boosted. wonder if he actively moves the board or what mechanic his move has.

need to fit a punisher into that group for his red too. or a team up.
  • Malcrof
    Well, if it is contingent on him getting AP.. Ultron was immune to stun, to keep him from missing a drop.. yhey would make Galactus immune to AP drain .. so same way.. do or die..
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a doubt about the prices. When can we get Cyclops, when we unlock the different rounds 6, 7, 8? (reaching an alliance accumulative score) or getting to progression scores 500.000, 700.000, 1M? (using Ultron values)

I hope is the second one because my alliance is very casual, I dont think we are going to make it to the 6th round :S, but I always get to 1M
  • Quebbster
    Found a description of Galactus abilities in the Events thread:
    Matthew G wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    What does that 30 cost black ability do?
    I assume an insta-kill maybe.

Not only is it an insta-kill but a TEAM insta-kill.

"Galactus Abilities:

Great Machines: A passive ability that places countdown tiles that cover tiles into Cosmic tiles.
    Devourer of Worlds: Galactus cannot be stunned. At the start of the turn converts cosmic tiles into Black AP.
    Cosmic Wrath: If Galactus has 30 Black AP at the start of the turn, Galactus deals 1,000,000 damage to the entire opposing team."
    -Taken from the D3 Go! Support page

That being said, I would say characters like She-Hulk with ap drains or ap steals (for black for sure) will be essential in later rounds of Galactus.
    My team will probably end up being GSBW (for greenflag.png and purpleflag.png ), Scarlet Witch (for blueflag.png passive), and She-Hulk (for redflag.png Cosmic tile clear and greenflag.png black ap drain).
    Anyone else have better suggestions? I'm interested to here other people's ideas.
    Based on the description, I'd guess he doesn't match tiles. He just generates black AP anyway, and you'd better be able to match away his Cosmic tiles... Whatever they are.
  • Malcrof
    Quebbster wrote:
    Matthew G wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

"Galactus Abilities:

Great Machines: A passive ability that places countdown tiles that cover tiles into Cosmic tiles.
    Devourer of Worlds: Galactus cannot be stunned. At the start of the turn converts cosmic tiles into Black AP.
    Cosmic Wrath: If Galactus has 30 Black AP at the start of the turn, Galactus deals 1,000,000 damage to the entire opposing team."

That being said, I would say characters like She-Hulk with ap drains or ap steals (for black for sure) will be essential in later rounds of Galactus.
    My team will probably end up being GSBW (for greenflag.png and purpleflag.png ), Scarlet Witch (for blueflag.png passive), and She-Hulk (for redflag.png Cosmic tile clear and greenflag.png black ap drain).
    Anyone else have better suggestions? I'm interested to here other people's ideas.
    Based on the description, I'd guess he doesn't match tiles. He just generates black AP anyway, and you'd better be able to match away his Cosmic tiles... Whatever they are.

If they are like Surfers mini black hole, then you can't match them.. but looks like AP steal/drain is in play, so time to break out Shulkie!
  • Quebbster
    Malcrof wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Matthew G wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

"Galactus Abilities:

If they are like Surfers mini black hole, then you can't match them.. but looks like AP steal/drain is in play, so time to break out Shulkie!
    Could be. I started thinking OBW might be viable if you can protect her - Anti-Gravity Belt to slow down the countdowns, and she might be able to steal black AP from him too.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    hmm, witch/gsbw/shulk?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    Awesome list of essentials ... long, but common characters, except maybe Jean.

edit: that list of essentials (which presumably will get the big boost?), added to the weekly boosted and you have a ton of great characters to choose from:

5* - Essential OM Logan?
    4* - Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Kingpin, Essential Jean Grey, Essential XF Wolverine
    3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern), Essential Torch, Essential Iron Fist, Essential GSBW, Essential Marvel, Essential Spidey, Essential Patch
    2* - Bullseye, Moonstone, Essential AX Wolverine, Essential Marvel
    1* - Storm, Venom, Essential Spidey, Essential MBW (thanks for pointing that out mal)

As pointed out, Essential 2* Spidey, and Essential 2* OBW also?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Will Falcon's blue be able to eliminate a Cosmic Tile?
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Atlas Axe wrote:
    Will Falcon's blue be able to eliminate a Cosmic Tile?
    Can we test this against surfer? assuming cosmic tiles are the same?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cosmic Tile != Black Hole Tile.

My bet: Falcon can't get rid of Cosmics, but can interfere with the countdowns that create them.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounded to me like a 3 step process. He spawns CD tiles (Great Machines), they count down and become a Cosmic Tile (which you can't get rid of), then at the beginning of next turn that Cosmic Tile converts to Black AP (Devourer of Worlds). Then when his Black AP hits 30, instakill (Cosmic Wrath).

The Cosmic Tile converting to Black AP gives me the impression that it only lasts one turn then disappears for guaranteed AP... what it doesn't say is how much black AP that cosmic tile gives him... is it like a charged Black Tile?
  • CrookedKnight
    Another person who can be useful here: Elektra. Who else can dodge the destruction of the entire Earth?
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Quebbster wrote:
    Matthew G wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

"Galactus Abilities:

Cosmic Wrath is listed last. That makes me suspicious if black is his 3rd strongest color. If so Shulkie wouldn't work.

Edit: disregard this. I thought Shulk is going after 1st and 2nd strongest colors. Thanks CrookedKnight
  • CrookedKnight
    ?? Furious Charge depletes random AP colors, not linked to the enemy's tile strengths.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully that holds so RoTP doesn't feed him black.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    If black is not his strongest color, then we can forgot about using Blade or XFW for stealing/denying black :/
    And if you don't have 5 blue on Hood he also doesn't steal black :/

It seems that She-Hulk could be the only option for me. Pairing her ith SW and GSBW sounds good!
    And it's time to ask for Punisher's TU icon_e_wink.gif