Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    So mostly this is like the Sim PVE but with a boss battle

also if this is just like ultron event Will the event stay open after round 8 or lock down. Like say 1 million pts needed to get XXXX will the event stay open or will it just disappear after the allaince kills the 8th round

Guessing the progression rewards will be like the other ultron runs

500,000 X covers
    750,000 x covers
    1,000,000 X covers
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    barrok wrote:
    Awesome list of essentials ... long, but common characters, except maybe Jean.

Wonder why it isn't "any" Torch tho? Why specific on Torch?

Galactus and FF go way back.... so maybe that's why it's so specific.
    that still doesn't explain why 2* torch shouldn't be acceptable. ice listed classic torch which is 3* HT, which implies johnny storm 2* does not count. which is why aes was curious.

edit: that list of essentials (which presumably will get the big boost?), added to the weekly boosted and you have a ton of great characters to choose from:

5* - Essential OM Logan?
    4* - Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Kingpin, Essential Jean Grey, Essential XF Wolverine
    3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor (Modern), Essential Torch, Essential Iron Fist, Essential GSBW, Essential Marvel, Essential Spidey, Essential Patch
    2* - Bullseye, Moonstone, Essential AX Wolverine, Essential Marvel
    1* - Storm, Venom, Essential Spidey

wow - imhb, fist, kk, thor, panther, patch, jean, xfw - lots of firepower.

1* Modern Black Widow should work as well.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Guys, guys, guys...we're all forgetting something very important. Ice said ANY version of Spiderman...meaning that...technically.............

lCBPvT1d.jpg
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just you wait until The Amazing Bag-Man, buffed to level 900, saves the world by punching Galactus right in the nose.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys...we're all forgetting something very important. Ice said ANY version of Spiderman...meaning that...technically.............

lCBPvT1d.jpg

BAGMAN ESSENTIAL.. IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!

THE END IS NIGH!

All joking aside, i hope he is buffed^^
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    SInce Galactus won't have Sentry-type enemies and we're facing the regular villains and goons, will each node still be Survival?

Sentry Survivals were not too bad because they did not have Active powers. Although their passives were annoying at times, they were manageable, especially with the right team. I would prefer not to face 5 Survivals of Villains (aka 5 Big Enchiladas!) every 8 hrs. This is important to know.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    SInce Galactus won't have Sentry-type enemies and we're facing the regular villains and goons, will each node still be Survival?

Sentry Survivals were not too bad because they did not have Active powers. Although their passives were annoying at times, they were manageable, especially with the right team. I would prefer not to face 5 Survivals of Villains (aka 5 Big Enchiladas!) every 8 hrs. This is important to know.

What a good looking question. Yes, can we get an answer to this please?
  • CrookedKnight
    The preview pictures they posted on Comicbook.com had survival fights.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/01/marvel- ... -/#Image10
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    So I can get rid of SS?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fail to stop Galactus? Your account is erased.

Get grinding!!
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Love this essentials list! I actually stand a chance lol.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    With Spidey essential, presumably boosted, can Venom become the devourer of the devourer of worlds.
  • LoD
    LoD Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Cannot wait for this to begin.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The preview pictures they posted on Comicbook.com had survival fights.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/01/marvel- ... -/#Image10
    Five nodes, just like Ultron. I guess that means the four specific characters (Jean, Torch, Kamala, Iron Fist) will be needed for two nodes with better rewards (on a rotating schedule?) while the "any" characters (Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Wolverine, Spider-man) will be needed for three nodes with lesser rewards. When Ultron ran you needed one specific character to play the node where you could win tokens...
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Sold my 2/2/2 3* spiderman and my fully covered 1* Spiderman last month...whoops

Got a couple of 3* covers I can recruit and I imagine I could cover a 1* pretty easily if I needed to, but hopefully it's not going to be anything too taxing in his essential nodes!
  • tanis3303 wrote:

lCBPvT1d.jpg

"IT'S MY TURN TO SHINE! MUAHAHAHA!"
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    GvM (Galactus vs Marvel) = Rise of Bagman. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    With Spidey essential, presumably boosted, can Venom become the devourer of the devourer of worlds.

If you want to build a devourer strategy. the question is how to keep the 1* venom alive long enough to use his bk ability. I just don't see it being workable, unfortunately.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:

If you want to build a devourer strategy. the question is how to keep the 1* venom alive long enough to use his bk ability. I just don't see it being workable, unfortunately.
    TU...
  • CrookedKnight
    That depends on how Galactus attacks, doesn't it? Even Tetris Ultron only hit one person at a time, so as long as Galactus doesn't break that pattern you can just bring in literally any 2* or better character who uses green, purple or black and they'll tank for him.