Information about Galactus Event

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    a lot less tokens this time

The '2nd stage of Ultron' is equivalent to the alliance rewards here, so tokens are a wash there.
    The individual nodes/Galactus clears likely award the same amount.
    Each round last time had one as progression (I think), so that's 8 then vs 3 now.

So 5 less tokens than Ultron, two of which are offset by the presence of the 3* cover and legendary token.

Given anniversaries generally have way better odds, I think we're doing pretty good with rewards for the event.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    a lot less tokens this time

The '2nd stage of Ultron' is equivalent to the alliance rewards here, so tokens are a wash there.
    The individual nodes/Galactus clears likely award the same amount.
    Each round last time had one as progression (I think), so that's 8 then vs 3 now.

So 5 less tokens than Ultron, two of which are offset by the presence of the 3* cover and legendary token.

Given anniversaries generally have way better odds, I think we're doing pretty good with rewards for the event.

bad thing is if it locks down after stage 8 many will not get all rewards..if its anything like ultron i be very lucky to get 500k before it locks down
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They fixed Ultron so it doesn't lock down in round 8 anymore so I'd be shocked if this one does.
  • slidecage
    They fixed Ultron so it doesn't lock down in round 8 anymore so I'd be shocked if this one does.

think they would have to leave it open i think all the health only = around 17 million meaning only 15 would get last reward if it closed if that
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess we forgot to ask the question if the weekly boosted list would apply to the galactus event. that would have been a good piece of info before I poured 126K into hb. that's just frustrating. blegh.
  • anniversary tokens have a higher chance to draw 4 stars but can still draw all characters?
    I am more interested in tokens that can only give a part of all characters, e.g. 30 different heroes. Because currently, regardless of the token, usually you end up with a cover you already have or don't have a slot for, so that you have to sell it, makes the tokens a bit useless.
  • slidecage
    edited October 2015
    Heres a question did they ever answer

are the stages fix or ranked.. Meaning someone who has a max out team of 94 fighting the same groups someone with max 166 or better.. at least last time with bots it was easier
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bag-Man isn't among the powered up characters. Poor guy just can't catch a break...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Are the alliance totals cumulative, or total per round?

I.e round 8 you need to score 5 million that round or 5 million over the entire event.
  • slidecage
    Are the alliance totals cumulative, or total per round?

I.e round 8 you need to score 5 million that round or 5 million over the entire event.

you have to score that number for every round.. so you beat round 7. Start round 8 at 0 pts. i think you need to score like 16 to 17 million to beat all stages

at least he know their health per round. Too bad for those starting an hour or two late your going to be missing the first 2 rounds easy
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do non-Galactus nodes count toward individual progression or just the health you knock off of Galactus?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Do non-Galactus nodes count toward individual progression or just the health you knock off of Galactus?

They count towards individual progression (minimally so), don't count towards Galactus other than unlocking him so you can whack again.
  • stochasticism
    Thanks, couldn't remember.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Did they post Galactus's health per round anywhere, or are we in standard "Guess the Rules of Our New Event!" mode?
  • stochasticism
    Yes, in the event preview in-game in the alliance rewards section.
  • GrumpySmurf1002

Sorry not his total health, his health per clear. (Screen shot in event tab has him at 80k per battle at some point, but assume it's way lower before that)
  • stochasticism
    edited October 2015

Sorry not his total health, his health per clear. (Screen shot in event tab has him at 80k per battle at some point, but assume it's way lower before that)

No, I haven't seen that detailed. This shows him at around 80k while this, from a presumably earlier round, shows him around 30k.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Did they post Galactus's health per round anywhere, or are we in standard "Guess the Rules of Our New Event!" mode?

Yes, check event rewards, scroll down to alliance rewards.

16,885,000 total points.

If all players make max progression, that's 25,000,000pts (20 x 1.25M)

Event should be uncapped (only the first run of Ultron was capped), so big scorers should be able to keep plugging away and easily make up for any shortfall.

3.5 days to make it... or 11 rounds (84hrs / 8hrs). An alliance can take 1100 shots at Galactus (11 rounds x 20players x 5 attempts/round). Average 15,350 per shot at Galactus and you win all the alliance rewards. Based on past experience, that's really low, very achievable. Good luck!

Interestingly, the alliance rewards list implies that the awards are earned when the alliance reduces Galactus health to 0. On Ultron events, reducing him to 0 unlocked a separate battle each player had to play to get the reward. One less hoop to jump through?

Assuming it unlocks when a round is completed again, it should be 18 rounds, but even so, yeah that looks ok as far as completion goes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chief270 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    The issue with icon_blade.png is simple.. the team destruction is a 3rd ability, so black is not his strongest color... just the one he needs to fire his ability.. Chances are you will be stealing the wrong color.

GSBW's 3rd ability is purple and it is her strongest color.
    GSBW is also a very old character from before ability order = color strength
  • I'm hoping that if alliances are able to complete the first run of the event relatively pain free, they don't run to the difficulty dial and turn it to 11 this time. The person in charge of scoring should have a big "NO TOUCHING" sign placed on the proverbial knobs.

If it's too easy, let it be too easy for the anniversary and wait until the next time you roll out the event to change scoring. Keep the same variables for multiple events so that you can actually tell what's actually happening instead of what appears to be doable.