**** Cyclops (Classic) ****

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Details updated.

Uncanny Strategist says it starts at generating 3 AP per match and upgrades to 3 AP per match.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I am a bit confused about red. If I have 10 team up AP, it only uses team up AP, I don't need both TU and red AP, right? Meaning if I had 10 red and 10 TU AP, I can deal around 17k damage.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I was trying to work out a support build for HB, but I still think it's 5/3/5. You lose the +1AP on every unfortunate TU match, but it also allows for him to be able to clean up if HB gets knocked out, in the same way that his 3* counterpart can. He seems like a cool character though, and actually playing with him will probably open up new ways to use him.

Great job guys!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guessing round

6 blue
    7 yellow
    8 red
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Uncanny Strategist says it starts at generating 3 AP per match and upgrades to 3 AP per match.
    Starts at 2, goes to 3. Typo. Sorry about that!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, that's a tough call with those numbers. Reading through the Red makes me want to put 5 there, then reading through yellow makes me want to put 5 there, which leaves me with the obvious 5/5/3 build, until I read the blue to which it's apparent that a 5/5/5 build is the only logical choice!!!

Considering everything, given the choice, I'll likely go 3/5/5 just because he can fee someone else like Hulkbuster so well.
  • IceIX
    notamutant wrote:
    I am a bit confused about red. If I have 10 team up AP, it only uses team up AP, I don't need both TU and red AP, right? Meaning if I had 10 red and 10 TU AP, I can deal around 17k damage.
    If you have Red, it uses Red. If you have Red *and* TU AP, it uses both. You don't get to just use TU AP.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just making sure about the wording in this (note bold text)
    Destroys the selected tile, all Red basic tiles in a 3x3 area around a selected tile

Does this mean that you make a second selection for the centre of the 3x3 after you chose a tile to destroy?
  • IceIX
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Just making sure about the wording in this (note bold text)
    Destroys the selected tile, all Red basic tiles in a 3x3 area around a selected tile

Does this mean that you make a second selection for the centre of the 3x3 after you chose a tile to destroy?
    Nope, same tile. Substandard wording and possibly confusing as a result. Easy enough to fix.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Ugh, that's a tough call with those numbers. Reading through the Red makes me want to put 5 there, then reading through yellow makes me want to put 5 there, which leaves me with the obvious 5/5/3 build, until I read the blue to which it's apparent that a 5/5/5 build is the only logical choice!!!

Considering everything, given the choice, I'll likely go 3/5/5 just because he can fee someone else like Hulkbuster so well.

Blue clears the board of red so I don't see why you'd want to use it (damage isn't stellar either). If it removed purple black or green it would increase the concentration of his colors but as is you're removing his kill color, doesn't make sense. Yellow doesn't seem to get that much better with more covers but I'm thinking 5/5/3.
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    dkffiv wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Blue clears the board of red so I don't see why you'd want to use it (damage isn't stellar either). If it removed purple black or green it would increase the concentration of his colors but as is you're removing his kill color, doesn't make sense. Yellow doesn't seem to get that much better with more covers but I'm thinking 5/5/3.

You gain the ap for the cleared tiles, you don't just clear them off the board.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    RoryQ wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

You gain the ap for the cleared tiles, you don't just clear them off the board.
    An extra point is this how much do you want to rely on a CD tile. Look at star lord and how easy it is to match his CD tiles. Unless you a bringing him against goons the CD tile is going to disappear fast so high risk for 1 extra red AP
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 3: Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile.
    Level 4: Increase the Countdown tile's duration by 2.
    Level 5: Creates a 6-turn Countdown tile that gains an additional 4 AP.

What is level 4 doing? Seems like Level four gives a 7-turn countdown.

Also ... on countdowns.... when will good countdowns and bad countdowns be fixed? Here was one suggestion.

COUNTDOWNS:
    For these Countdown tiles use a Negative number. In normal usage, they will get +1 each turn. All other countdowns should be Positive numbers, which would get a -1 each turn.
    icon_antman.png Small Time Crooks & Ants! Ants! Ants! icon_starlord.png Everyone With Me & Oldest Trick in the Book, icon_mrfantastic.png Imaginaut, icon_deadpool.png Countdown to What
    icon_colossus_new.png Immovable Object, icon_lukecage.png Jab, Jab, Cross, icon_mystique.png Shapeshift, icon_squirrelgirl.png Furry Friends, icon_vision.png Density: Heavy & Density: Light

When Sam Wilson's Aerial Avenger or The Hood's Intimidation is used, the above countdowns would get -1, a benefit. Other friendly countdowns would also get -1, also a benefit. More discussion at Lets Talk About Countdown Tiles.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    At level 1-3 the countdown increases by 1 every time you make a team-up match. Level 4 makes that a 2-turn increase.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 3: Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile.
    Level 4: Increase the Countdown tile's duration by 2.
    Level 5: Creates a 6-turn Countdown tile that gains an additional 4 AP.

What is level 4 doing? Seems like Level four gives a 7-turn countdown.

It's missing the words "when you make a TU match" at the beginning.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    If you have Red, it uses Red. If you have Red *and* TU AP, it uses both. You don't get to just use TU AP.

You might want to modify original post then, as it says uses teamup AP INSTEAD of red, implying you only use team up AP to launch red if you have 10 TU AP.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    So Red is basically a damaging Black Panther yellowflag.png
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    So his yellow would only work on TU matches? For example, I couldn't use Mohawk's yellow right after Cyc's to generate non-TU AP right?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    With all the other red powers in 4 star, and the big daddy red of hulkbuster, 3/5/5 isn't super unreasonable, only unfortunate part being no team up generator has been around since 2 star Ms. marvel.

That exponential rise on the red is cool and all only issue being, it costs 20 total ap for it.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    That exponential rise on the red is cool and all only issue being, it costs 20 total ap for it.

It's better than Ant-Man's double tap, though, since at least it's 20AP of two separate colours, so you're much more likely to accumulate it.