**** Cyclops (Classic) ****

Comments

• spectator wrote:
    So even without 10TU, he's roughly on par with a large chunk of the group. With TU (That you're probably collecting anyway with his yellow), he's up to 1185 per AP + selected row destruction which is worth some non-zero amount of AP in cascading.

its not 1185 per ap, he consumes 20 ap for 11851 damage so its about 593 per ap
    Don't be silly.
    No one counts TU as AP.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    So if 3k damage + AP gain for 8AP is okay to have, can we have old X-Force back?
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Love his yellow. I think it works partly because it's so cheap to start a new one if it's destroyed. I wish some other countdown tile abilities followed this approach (looking at you, Star-Lord and Colossus)
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    The arguement of blue vs. yellow in regards to red acceleration boils down to this.

Both will get you to 10 red in the same amount of matches. But 5 blue will generate more random AP.

As for best build?

For DDQ 4* 5/3/5 is the best
    Support/red generator 3/5/5

5/5/3 and 5/3/5 in terms of best build, both are equally good, it will be team dependent. A 5/5/3 is for other strong blue users or when you don't want to get red with TU match ups, but then why not go 3/5/5. 5/5/3 is really a hybrid build where he is both good support and good self sufficient. 5/3/5 is for I'm getting to red ASAP.

As for best duo. Yeah little Bobby looks solid as well as partnering with Jean or Prof X. Cyc really doesnt' want to be second fiddle in his IMHB like design which are both to generate as much and as fast as possible and then rain death.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    woopie wrote:
    So if 3k damage + AP gain for 8AP is okay to have, can we have old X-Force back?

Return XFW to his former glory! Make him a good 4* again! With the new stronger 4* he still wouldn't be the best 4* and with 5* out now he'll be far from overpowered.
  • eaise wrote:
    woopie wrote:

Return XFW to his former glory! Make him a good 4* again! With the new stronger 4* he still wouldn't be the best 4* and with 5* out now he'll be far from overpowered.
    The only thing they need to do to make xf more viable is to take the green stats back to the pre nerf levels and keep everything else the same. His black is balanced as is now and his yellow is powerful enough now to make you give a thought to a 355 build.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    eaise wrote:
    woopie wrote:

The only thing they need to do to make xf more viable is to take the green stats back to the pre nerf levels and keep everything else the same. His black is balanced as is now and his yellow is powerful enough now to make you give a thought to a 355 build.

Agreed. SS is good where it is now with the additional damage. AP drain and gain was too much. The green needs to be revived
  • I see so many people confused with red's cost, but I didn't think it would be so hard. The way I saw from first moment maybe helped on that.
    Cost: 10 red ap

Effect: 5k ish damage and destroy one selected tile.

If you have 10 or more TU ap, instead

Effect: drains TU ap, 11k ish damage and destroy selected row.
    The base cost never changes.

About his powers, yellow opens up some infinite combos (2* Carol + any yellow strongest color; PX + Gsbw), but otherwise 3k plus cascade for 8ap is the old WXF green everyone loved.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    I see so many people confused with red's cost, but I didn't think it would be so hard. The way I saw from first moment maybe helped on that.

About his powers, yellow opens up some infinite combos (2* Carol + any yellow strongest color; PX + Gsbw), but otherwise 3k plus cascade for 8ap is the old WXF green everyone loved.
    Cyc blue doesn't have board shake and cascade potential anywhere close to xf green. That said, it's i really good skill IMO. I'm thinking that beast, px, cyc will be an all star pve team. I am curious to hear from people who have taken him to max how he plays.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I see so many people confused with red's cost, but I didn't think it would be so hard. The way I saw from first moment maybe helped on that.

Cyc blue doesn't have board shake and cascade potential anywhere close to xf green. That said, it's i really good skill IMO. I'm thinking that beast, px, cyc will be an all star pve team. I am curious to hear from people who have taken him to max how he plays.

You just need to watch my video of him at max to see how he plays. He isn't such a brute force character, but he does have potential to deal a lot of damage quickly. AI will play him horribly.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    About his powers, yellow opens up some infinite combos (2* Carol + any yellow strongest color; PX + Gsbw)
    Not seeing how these are infinite combos. Eg, PX+GSBW generates red, and you fire it off. How does it become infinite?
  • notamutant
    simonsez wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    About his powers, yellow opens up some infinite combos (2* Carol + any yellow strongest color; PX + Gsbw)
    Not seeing how these are infinite combos. Eg, PX+GSBW generates red, and you fire it off. How does it become infinite?

With 2* Carol, if you saved up enough yellow to use Cyclops and then 2* Marvel yellow, you get tons of teamups out that match creating more yellow, allowing you to repeatedly use Marvel's yellow. Assuming you actually made enough matches with teamups without destroying Cyclops yellow tile. In no way reliable. I think for GSBW, Cyclops yellow is just an accelerator for purple for GSBW, but then you have to underlevel both Cyclops and Prox, so that is no good.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    With 2* Carol, if you saved up enough yellow to use Cyclops and then 2* Marvel yellow, you get tons of teamups out that match creating more yellow, allowing you to repeatedly use Marvel's yellow.
    Ok, I see this, but to what end? Neither ability does damage, so all you've done is try to create a loop that does TU match damage. I suppose you could get some crazy cascades that generate AP in other colors, but like you said, not very reliable, and slow to get going, especially with a squishy character.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    With 2* Carol, if you saved up enough yellow to use Cyclops and then 2* Marvel yellow, you get tons of teamups out that match creating more yellow, allowing you to repeatedly use Marvel's yellow.
    Ok, I see this, but to what end? Neither ability does damage, so all you've done is try to create a loop that does TU match damage. I suppose you could get some crazy cascades that generate AP in other colors, but like you said, not very reliable, and slow to get going, especially with a squishy character.
    you could use luke cage's yellow lots of damage since you will have so much
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

If he pairs the duo with PX, then PX will be doing the dmg through the large floating head...
  • notamutant
    atomzed wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

If he pairs the duo with PX, then PX will be doing the dmg through the large floating head...

You can't use PX with this, or yellow won't be your strongest color.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    notamutant wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

You can't use PX with this, or yellow won't be your strongest color.

Needs to be... Captain Falcon, Nick Fury, or Invisible Woman in 4* land. More choices available with boosted 3*s and a slightly underleveled Cyclops, like Hood, Cage, or Steve.

Doesn't make as much sense to use Marvel for an infinite combo, but could provide a decent AP boost in the strongest color. Marvel/Cyc/PX would do some exploding heads and give either blue or red AP. Blue would be better because you could then use blue to gather red with Cyclops' blue power.

Only time it will work otherwise is a Balance of Power style event.

Edit:

Also, Marvel's yellow will overwrite your own special tiles, including the CD tile (as I just tested it).
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Is there a way to prevent cyc from competing against ice man for green ap generation?

I know there's a way to figure out how the game breaks a tie in the case of both having 82 in two different (red v green) colors right? Or will keeping cyc at 269 instead of 270 work?
  • notamutant
    Only way is to under level one, or put the one you want strongest in the middle, which you can't control in PvP.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Is it as easy as keeping him at 269? Or is it more like 219.