**** Cyclops (Classic) ****

1456810

Comments

  • DimhDimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I'm running him with Rhulk, covers all colors but Black. Cyclops Yellow will generate Red with these two, which generally leads games to this:

    Boosted 2 Green, Black, Blue, Purple

    Match 2x 3 Purple. Match 3x Green.

    Rhulk Purple > Green for 7200 to all enemies, usually killing a support character.

    When you can't make the above matches, match Blue > Yellow > Red. Blue will feed into Red, which is enough to kill any character after the Rhulk Hammer.

    It's a very fast team, I tend to use Hood with the team when able, or the essential for your normal PVP.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 wrote:
    Can we get a best build poll?
    Done.

    Later this week, I'll add build polls to some more characters without them.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I 1000% agree though that if you can pick 3 like in SHIELD Sim, 3/5/5 Cyclops is the best of all the builds. Run him with Jean/IMHB or Iceman/IMHB and have fun
    Do most people select builds with PvP in mind, or sim in mind? Serious question. I'd have assumed the former.

    I use to build per Heroic, but then switched to PvP. Although DDQ4 could be another thought process of building because Falcon or Elektra are better 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 respectively in those
  • D2KM_ wrote:
    Who pairs well with 4* cyk? I'm looking for a good combo for pvp, just not sure who he runs well with.

    I have been using Jean Grey (5/3/5), Hood (5/5/3), and Cyclops (5/3/5). Very fun team icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • t4ngt4ng Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    What 3*s pair well with 4* cyk?
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    t4ng wrote:
    What 3*s pair well with 4* cyk?
    In Heroic Venom I noticed Mohawk Storm works pretty well with Cyclops. The only overlap is yellow, and both have a use - if you need red AP you use Cyclops' red, if you need teamup AP to supercharge Cyclops you use Storm's.
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    t4ng wrote:
    What 3*s pair well with 4* cyk?
    IM40, as soon as the buff take effect.
  • sinnerjflsinnerjfl Posts: 1,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Recently champed Cyclops and honestly I'm confliced about his blue power. On paper, 5 covers seems incredible (and it is) but once it's used in match, I find it's unlikely you can use it again and gain that much red from the 5x5 area of effect unless youre facing a red generator (less sexy Cyclops, IMHB).

    I have tried his yellow at 5 covers and honestly, I think it generates more AP and faster than his blue (if your strongest color is red of course). The CD is much more easier to keep alive, you don't really run out of TU tiles as you do with red.

    I think blue at 3 covers is perfectly useable, although it's 1/3 the damage.

    3/5/5 is also good as a pure battery to a stronger red user, say powered-up Thoress right now.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,265 Chairperson of the Boards
    He seems like a well designed character in that all of his abilities are useful and there is no obvious candidate for 3 covers.
  • TxMooseTxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't run 5 yellow much, but I think it would be interesting if you had an even better red user boosted during a week (i.e. phoenix or xpool?). if his blue gathered either cds or charged, that would be even more fun.
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    I haven't run 5 yellow much, but I think it would be interesting if you had an even better red user boosted during a week (i.e. phoenix or xpool?). if his blue gathered either cds or charged, that would be even more fun.
    With Phoenix, his yellow would create green
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Recently champed Cyclops and honestly I'm confliced about his blue power. On paper, 5 covers seems incredible (and it is) but once it's used in match, I find it's unlikely you can use it again and gain that much red from the 5x5 area of effect unless youre facing a red generator (less sexy Cyclops, IMHB).

    I have tried his yellow at 5 covers and honestly, I think it generates more AP and faster than his blue (if your strongest color is red of course). The CD is much more easier to keep alive, you don't really run out of TU tiles as you do with red.

    I think blue at 3 covers is perfectly useable, although it's 1/3 the damage.

    3/5/5 is also good as a pure battery to a stronger red user, say powered-up Thoress right now.

    I was a firm advocate for the 3/5/5 build for a while, but after I maxed him and started using his red, I found out his red is a must, possibly the best red in the game. Then you have two options, priorize AP creation FOR OTHER chars (iceman, jean ,etc.) or prioritize getting red and doing damage. The problem is that Blue at 3 is mediocre, very bad, both for getting red and for doing damage, at 5 it does 3k, it gets 3-5 red easily and has more cascade potential. So if you have a 5/5/3 build you will never use blue if there is another blue (so this build is perfect for iceman). On the other hand 5/3/5 can use both blue and yellow effectively (yellow is still good at 3 covers).

    I have tried both versions 5/5/3 and 5/3/5, and I think 5/3/5 is the best build. Blue is very fast, it is very similar to the old xforce green (this one gets AP but has less cascades). I just change to 5/5/3 when I run him with Iceman. Also, when buffed to 350 yellow has the same effect, but blue gets buffed! it does a very nice damage for just 8 AP (I think it is around 6k).
  • notamutantnotamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Recently champed Cyclops and honestly I'm confliced about his blue power. On paper, 5 covers seems incredible (and it is) but once it's used in match, I find it's unlikely you can use it again and gain that much red from the 5x5 area of effect unless youre facing a red generator (less sexy Cyclops, IMHB).

    I have tried his yellow at 5 covers and honestly, I think it generates more AP and faster than his blue (if your strongest color is red of course). The CD is much more easier to keep alive, you don't really run out of TU tiles as you do with red.

    I think blue at 3 covers is perfectly useable, although it's 1/3 the damage.

    3/5/5 is also good as a pure battery to a stronger red user, say powered-up Thoress right now.

    I was a firm advocate for the 3/5/5 build for a while, but after I maxed him and started using his red, I found out his red is a must, possibly the best red in the game. Then you have two options, priorize AP creation FOR OTHER chars (iceman, jean ,etc.) or prioritize getting red and doing damage. The problem is that Blue at 3 is mediocre, very bad, both for getting red and for doing damage, at 5 it does 3k, it gets 3-5 red easily and has more cascade potential. So if you have a 5/5/3 build you will never use blue if there is another blue (so this build is perfect for iceman). On the other hand 5/3/5 can use both blue and yellow effectively (yellow is still good at 3 covers).

    I have tried both versions 5/5/3 and 5/3/5, and I think 5/3/5 is the best build. Blue is very fast, it is very similar to the old xforce green (this one gets AP but has less cascades). I just change to 5/5/3 when I run him with Iceman. Also, when buffed to 350 yellow has the same effect, but blue gets buffed! it does a very nice damage for just 8 AP (I think it is around 6k).

    And this ignores how the AI plays on defense. A 3 blue used by the AI is useless, as it does no damage and the AI will likely get no red in the 3x3 box. At 5 blue, the AI will still miss a lot of extra reds, but it is more likely to be useful, and it does more damage. I wouldn't even switch to 3 blue when using with Iceman because of the chance for defensive losses if you leave it on 3.
  • BlykmykBlykmyk Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Hello...this might be somewhere that I might have missed. In the 5x5 box that comes with five blue. Can anyone explain to me the pattern of the shot. Is the tile you select in the middle? Is it the top left corner?

    Thanks
  • Cousin SimpsonCousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blykmyk wrote:
    Hello...this might be somewhere that I might have missed. In the 5x5 box that comes with five blue. Can anyone explain to me the pattern of the shot. Is the tile you select in the middle? Is it the top left corner?

    Thanks

    The tile you select is the middle of the 5x5 grid.
  • DevilMayGrindDevilMayGrind Posts: 55
    edited September 2016
    You choose a spot and get red tiles around it in a 5x5 pattern.

    redtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.png
    bluetile.pngblacktile.pngtrap.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png
    greentile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.png
    redtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png
  • BlahahahBlahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I personally have him at 4/5/1 right now and used him as a battery for Ant Man.

    Throw out the yellow CD tile and just start punching things forever. It was pretty amazing.
  • amusingfoo1amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I must say, he's a remarkably effective character in any build; you just need to have the right role for your build.

    5/3/5 is going to be the most common build; he's a prime damage dealer, accelerating himself.
    5/5/3 works as support and damage, if he isn't your highest-match-damage character, but can still provide the occasional big hit.
    3/5/5 works as pure support, where he's powering a better red (say, boosted Hulkbuster or Flaptain)

    I haven't played any 4-builds for him, but I imagine those could work as well.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't played any 4-builds for him, but I imagine those could work as well.

    No, I tested 5/4/4 for a while and he loses a lot in all powers at 4, Cyclops needs 5 in all his powers.

    I think any of the three builds you mentioned can work, but I think the best ones are 5/3/5 - total attack or 3/5/5 total support, 5/5/3 is ok, but I think 5 in red and 5 in blue work best together.
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    5/5/3 is ok
    That's pretty far from ok. 5 in blue is mandatory. Getting 1 extra AP for going from 3 to 5 in yellow can't compensate for the extra AP and damage you get for going from 3 to 5 in blue.
Sign In or Register to comment.