**** Cyclops (Classic) ****

1356710

Comments

  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plus his yellow means you generate both needed colors by matching TUAP, assuming red is your strongest color.
  • OMG. I want him right NOW! icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • Punisher5784Punisher5784 Posts: 3,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    He'll be great on defense since the CPU loves making matching T/U's a priority icon_lol.gif
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like him! He is a really good mix between utility and power. Being able to choose the file in red (if you have the teamups) and the tile in blue can help a lot to get rid of annoying tiles (a pitty it is not any tile). So you match teamups and get red, match blue, get to 8 and get red. 355 to be the perfect friend of IMHB.

    The only bad thing is that red it is a very crowded color and in my case, that I never match teamups icon_razz.gif , but at least, even at 3 yellow, every match gives you 3 in your strongest AP color.

    I'll try to go 535 but If I end up having covers for 355 It would not be a bad option.

    PS: Cyclops is the perfect way of evading a little bit Xpool purplel, now you can just match teamups and get AP in the strongest color without hurting yourself...
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to be clear, Cyclops will not be an amazing pairing for IMHB as you guys are thinking. Why? Well first they have have competing reds. Yellow however is amazing for any red user. The problem is Cyc's blue. In order to get red you have to spend 8 blue and even if maxed, there has to be red on the board. Statistically a 5x5 grid would yield on average 3.57 of any one tile type, obviously this can be skewed by selecting colors out and the fact you can place the area. But generally you are looking at 4-6 AP on average. Well Hulkbuster already has a 9AP blue that even at level 3 generally sets you up for a match 4 or more so you really don't gain anything other than the ability to destroy enemy special tiles.

    What I see is finally an amazing partner for Carnage. For 8 blue you can generate a ton of AP since not only would you destroy any red in a 5x5 grid, but all the enemy attack tiles from Carnage and you gain AP from those as well, so Carnage would love Cyc as he has a cheap yellow to get Carnage passive going to feed a cheap red, but then blue to clean up the board and generate AP. I think Carnage/Cyc(3/5/5) is going to be a top notch PvP team in terms of speed.

    I'm heavily leaning 3/5/5 Cyc though. 5/5/3 is your best solo build as he has no way to create massive red tiles to exploit blue, but a 5/3/5 Cyc could be a great special tile specialist destroyer. Red however needs TU's to be good as 10 for 5K is ****. With IMHB, Carnage and other red users, I think for me a support Cyc of 3/5/5 may work the best.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Just to be clear, Cyclops will not be an amazing pairing for IMHB as you guys are thinking. Why? Well first they have have competing reds. Yellow however is amazing for any red user. The problem is Cyc's blue. In order to get red you have to spend 8 blue and even if maxed, there has to be red on the board. Statistically a 5x5 grid would yield on average 3.57 of any one tile type, obviously this can be skewed by selecting colors out and the fact you can place the area. But generally you are looking at 4-6 AP on average. Well Hulkbuster already has a 9AP blue that even at level 3 generally sets you up for a match 4 or more so you really don't gain anything other than the ability to destroy enemy special tiles.

    What I see is finally an amazing partner for Carnage. For 8 blue you can generate a ton of AP since not only would you destroy any red in a 5x5 grid, but all the enemy attack tiles from Carnage and you gain AP from those as well, so Carnage would love Cyc as he has a cheap yellow to get Carnage passive going to feed a cheap red, but then blue to clean up the board and generate AP. I think Carnage/Cyc(3/5/5) is going to be a top notch PvP team in terms of speed.

    I'm heavily leaning 3/5/5 Cyc though. 5/5/3 is your best solo build as he has no way to create massive red tiles to exploit blue, but a 5/3/5 Cyc could be a great special tile specialist destroyer. Red however needs TU's to be good as 10 for 5K is ****. With IMHB, Carnage and other red users, I think for me a support Cyc of 3/5/5 may work the best.

    But blue destroys any basic red tile, any color strike, any color attack, any color shield OR destroys any red basic, red attack, red strike, red shield tile?. When I read it the first time I thought the tile needed to be red. Now I am not so sure, but I still think it needs to be RED
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the announcement article they specifically say the special tiles can be any color.
  • BlackSheep101BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    It specifically says it "depletes the enemy's Red combat tiles." It does say that it pops the target tile, though, so I guess you can pick off at least one non-red tile. (Also the ability set in the first post specifies red special tiles)

    I'm curious about whether you get to place his yellow countdown or if it's placed randomly. (There's probably a way to tell from the language of the ability, but I don't know how to parse it properly.)
  • GrumpySmurf1002GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the announcement article they specifically say the special tiles can be any color.

    That's not how it reads to me, unless I'm not seeing the section you're referring to. It looks like it destroys only red, but as it levels it will clear out red specials also.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    .....huh, I could swear there used to be a sentence about how level 3 Called Shot and above will produce "a scattering" of AP in other colors in addition to red.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Just to be clear, Cyclops will not be an amazing pairing for IMHB as you guys are thinking. Why? Well first they have have competing reds. Yellow however is amazing for any red user. The problem is Cyc's blue. In order to get red you have to spend 8 blue and even if maxed, there has to be red on the board. Statistically a 5x5 grid would yield on average 3.57 of any one tile type, obviously this can be skewed by selecting colors out and the fact you can place the area. But generally you are looking at 4-6 AP on average. Well Hulkbuster already has a 9AP blue that even at level 3 generally sets you up for a match 4 or more so you really don't gain anything other than the ability to destroy enemy special tiles.

    What I see is finally an amazing partner for Carnage. For 8 blue you can generate a ton of AP since not only would you destroy any red in a 5x5 grid, but all the enemy attack tiles from Carnage and you gain AP from those as well, so Carnage would love Cyc as he has a cheap yellow to get Carnage passive going to feed a cheap red, but then blue to clean up the board and generate AP. I think Carnage/Cyc(3/5/5) is going to be a top notch PvP team in terms of speed.

    I'm heavily leaning 3/5/5 Cyc though. 5/5/3 is your best solo build as he has no way to create massive red tiles to exploit blue, but a 5/3/5 Cyc could be a great special tile specialist destroyer. Red however needs TU's to be good as 10 for 5K is ****. With IMHB, Carnage and other red users, I think for me a support Cyc of 3/5/5 may work the best.

    But blue destroys any basic red tile, any color strike, any color attack, any color shield OR destroys any red basic, red attack, red strike, red shield tile?. When I read it the first time I thought the tile needed to be red. Now I am not so sure, but I still think it needs to be RED

    Lol, now you have me questioning, ha. Well if it is only red, and red special tiles then this skill is terrible even if it is a 5x5 grid, like I said, you will only be getting 4-6 on average. Then I woldn't even bother with 3/5/5 I would go 5/5/3 all the way. If it is Red Basic, then any attack, strike or shield which to me makes more sense, then I stand by 3/5/5 and Carnage combo. Hopefully we'll get clarification, otherwise blue is really only good as an Anti-Daken, Psylocke, Blade or other red strike tile generator. My get says though that i's any special tile and would make both he and Jean anti Prof X, you know the students surpassing the master really holds sway then.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re-read the interview post, here is blue

    Lastly, his Blue is named Called Shot. This one just got a minor tweak to it yesterday morning actually, making it a bit more generally useful when it was more situational before. Called Shot has Cyclops choose a basic tile, then blows up that tile and all Red tiles in a 3x3 grid around it, gaining AP for each tile destroyed. Then it goes ahead and smacks the enemy for some straight out damage too. Originally, it only used the targeted tile for positioning of the grid, but it turned out that it made the ability very situational and nigh useless if the board wasn't soaked in Red tiles. At 8 AP, it was a bit much to use for 2-3 Red AP and a bit of damage. Now it also pops the targeted tile, so it can be used for cascade generation even when it won't be used for Red tiles. Additionally, as it levels, it also starts being able to destroy Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles (and getting the AP for those tiles) so it not only generates some Red AP, depletes the enemy's Red combat tiles, and creates cascade opportunities. Finally, at max level that 3x3 grid expands to a 5x5, making the ability do a great job of being able to clear out a mass of enemy tiles. Carnage's Attack tiles become much more manageable with Cyclops around.

    The last part sure sounds like it can destroy all colors, and as I said, makes him an amazing partner for Carnage. If this is the case I see a strong arguement for 5/5/3 Carnage and 3/5/5 Cyclops as a top PvP duo
  • Isay_IsayIsay_Isay Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Re-read the interview post, here is blue

    Lastly, his Blue is named Called Shot. This one just got a minor tweak to it yesterday morning actually, making it a bit more generally useful when it was more situational before. Called Shot has Cyclops choose a basic tile, then blows up that tile and all Red tiles in a 3x3 grid around it, gaining AP for each tile destroyed. Then it goes ahead and smacks the enemy for some straight out damage too. Originally, it only used the targeted tile for positioning of the grid, but it turned out that it made the ability very situational and nigh useless if the board wasn't soaked in Red tiles. At 8 AP, it was a bit much to use for 2-3 Red AP and a bit of damage. Now it also pops the targeted tile, so it can be used for cascade generation even when it won't be used for Red tiles. Additionally, as it levels, it also starts being able to destroy Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles (and getting the AP for those tiles) so it not only generates some Red AP, depletes the enemy's Red combat tiles, and creates cascade opportunities. Finally, at max level that 3x3 grid expands to a 5x5, making the ability do a great job of being able to clear out a mass of enemy tiles. Carnage's Attack tiles become much more manageable with Cyclops around.

    The last part sure sounds like it can destroy all colors, and as I said, makes him an amazing partner for Carnage. If this is the case I see a strong arguement for 5/5/3 Carnage and 3/5/5 Cyclops as a top PvP duo

    But a few sentences before that it mentions "depletes the enemy's Red combat tiles," no mention of other colors. Without getting that clarified it's hard to tell if this is anti-Blade/Daken move or Hex Bolt on steroids.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Additionally, as it levels, it also starts being able to destroy Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles (and getting the AP for those tiles) so it not only generates some Red AP, depletes the enemy's Red combat tiles, and creates cascade opportunities.

    Reading this sentence, it seems it just generates red AP and just destroys red strike/attack/shield tiles.

    A clarification would be really appreciated
  • Funny how people think 10 red and 10 TU ap is a big cost, if you can boost red/yellow and make yellow trigger in second turn (after one yellow match) then it starts generating MORE RED AP THAN TU AP with TU matches.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mmm have you noticed that Called Shot is the new old X-Force? Same cost, 8AP, does 3100+ so very comparable damage and has the possibility of cascades too. This one does slightly less damage and probably will generate smaller cascades but generates AP.

    Funny that is precisely Cyclops, who has always have a tough relationship with Wolvie the one having this power icon_razz.gif
  • Dev93LDev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    redflag.png The description for red is not only confusing and vague, it's also completely incorrect.

    INSTEAD ≠ 2.


    Why is the word even there? Just say it drains both/ten of each/whatever. This isn't a big deal but it's kind of an obvious mistake.
  • Found the perfect 4* team
    Kingpin - 5/5/3
    Carnage- 5/3/5
    Cyclops- 3/5/5
  • I might just be being stupid but I need clarification on his red because the tip says one thing and the next level text says another. His red is X or Y damage with 10 TU right? That's how the tip sounds but the next level text saying Bonus throws me off and makes me think it's with 10 TU it's X + Y damage.
    So the non brain hurt version is is it with 10 team up is it X + Y and drains TU or is it just Y and drains 10 TU?
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If your TUAP is 9 or less it deals the base damage.
    If your TUAP is 10 or more it consumes 10 TUAP and 10 red AP, and deals the boosted damage instead of, not in addition to, the base amount.
Sign In or Register to comment.