IW vs. QS - 4* DDQ matchup

Options

Comments

• This one has a great puzzle feel to it and is possible for anybody with at least 1 IW yellow cover to do. I really liked this one and hope that d3 can come up with similarly imaginative contests in future.
  • K8ee wrote:
    This one has a great puzzle feel to it and is possible for anybody with at least 1 IW yellow cover to do. I really liked this one and hope that d3 can come up with similarly imaginative contests in future.

To be honest, the Puzzly feel is what I kinda like about this DDQ node in general. A lot more narrowly focused.

Shame most 4*s can't play like this. icon_e_sad.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    K8ee wrote:
    This one has a great puzzle feel to it and is possible for anybody with at least 1 IW yellow cover to do. I really liked this one and hope that d3 can come up with similarly imaginative contests in future.

To be honest, the Puzzly feel is what I kinda like about this DDQ node in general. A lot more narrowly focused.

Shame most 4*s can't play like this. icon_e_sad.gif

While I do enjoy a true puzzle battle, I don't know if this qualifies. Way to dependant on how the board is set up. Lack of yellow or poor invisible tile placement and its over. While some skill was involved once you start rolling to protect the tile and make sure his aoe doesn't go off, it isn't that much puzzly than xforce Cyclops IMO.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed the Legendary on my alt account! My Level 94 1/1/2 Invisible Woman and boosts (+2 All, +All Damage, +Crits) were able to get an invisibility tile out with <200 health, and play keep away on Supersonic. And that was WITH adding two bubbles by accidentally triggering Green before I was ready. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm going to hold on to that token for now... I have only half the HP for a roster slot, with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver both in the temp holding queue (not that I necessarily will make room for QS). I'd hate to unlock a third character that I cannot roster yet, or pull a Silver Surfer on that account before getting lucky on my main one!
  • Lv127 222 Sue, took me 7 tries but I did it.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took between 15-20 attempts, stopped keeping track after a while, but my 1/1/0 lvl 74 IW finally got the job done. I planned on skipping it today until I saw it was QS and I had a chance. Had it been She-Hulk as many predicted, I would've conceded and kept my healthpacks.
  • Roswulf
    Options
    I've been very critical of 4* DDQ implementation, but fair is fair. That was a lot of fun. I have 1 1/2/1 Sue who I maxed to 94. Took me three tries, and I finished with 200 health and a scary number of Quicksilver locked tiles on the board. But it was a satisfying win.

It was a different kind of challenge than any other MPQ node, but a doable challenge. Now to quibble, IW versus Quicksilver is one of very few possible matchups that does create this kind of puzzle. I'm not going to win another Legendary token through this root for months and months. But this was fun.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I'll be shut out from Legendary's for quite some time, but then again, Anniversary Week is quickly approaching. If this is my last one, I thought it was the right one to end on. I was able to beat the Fury one, but this one I felt I could beat from the start. I was taken off guard the first time QS's blue went off and did damage. I figured there definitely had to be a catch, and that was it. Even still, I knew eventually, QS would go down. I got an LThor yellowflag.png , just wish it was blue!
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Managed it on the fourth try with my 3/2/1 level 131 IW. The first three tries, the AI kept getting lucky blue cascades that wiped my invisibility tile and stuck locked tiles where I couldn't reach them. The last try, I managed to stay invisible the whole time and whittled him down with match damage. Took forever, but had a nice feeling of accomplishment at the end. Token got me a blue FalconCap.
  • My girlfriend was annoyed that she hasn't been able to get a single Legendary token due to lack of time and, roster diversity and strength. After beating the 4* challenge with my IW I was sure that it was theoretically possible to beat it with an underleveled IW. So I took her lv 78 (1-1-1) IW and after about 20 mins this was the result : http://i.imgur.com/5cXBbtl.jpg . Pretty happy with myself. Giving back after she drew a Silver Surfer for me.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It took me about 8 tries - finally got a good board, was able to fire off Invisibility very early on and the icon was all the way down on the bottom right. Quicksilver couldn't match it away and I was able to build up blue and greeen while also getting rid of locked team-ups. Got Deadpool X-Force from the Legendary token.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh my hell my 1/1/2 IW did it on the third try thanks to discovering what someone upthread said - you can drop multiple invisible tiles to protect against one getting nuked.

EDIT: Token yielded She-Thor redflag.png

That would have been super useful if I hadn't sold off the She-Thor I previously had to make room for Professor X.

Oh well. If my taco luck is good or there is an anniversary HP sale, I'll roster her soon enough.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4/2/0 IW soft capped at 147. Took about 6 tries (and I was out of all color damage boosts). I don't know how long it took, but I'm hoping to have iw green before she comes up in rotation again (if ya know what I mean).

I used yellow ap boosts, yellow and green damage boosts. Strategy was pretty complicated for being a simple one.

1) Only match blue in emergencies. Typically, this meant making it where I could match away a locked tile or make one blue match to destroy the ai's set up to make multiple blue matches.

2) Collect yellow. Try not to use yellow unless ai could use their green or black their next turn. Try to make sure there were no yellow matches before activating the yellow. (In other words, I did not rely on lucky tile placement. I took the matter into my own hands.)

3) when have lots of yellow, put a second invisible tile following rule #2. This way if one accidentally matched away, there would be some insurance.

4) destroy locked tiles or try to set them up to be destroyed in the future.

5) have fun. I don't get many challenges like this except the 4* node in dpdq or the trickiest gauntlet nodes.

My reward? An unneeded purple Fury cover. RNGesus can have a cruel sense of humor sometimes.
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's about getting invisibility as so and matching/destroying locked tiles. Bit long, bit slow but got there in the end (2/2/4). Like others the Hulkbuster challenge is a non-starter for me (have only 2 covers).

However, the hard-earned Ledge token gave me one of those Shiny Waveriders, so I'm not going to complain!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ugh. I'm so damn close.

My IW is only lvl 90 1/2/0, but I've managed to get him down to roughly 1200 health, just never seal the deal. Every damn time a cascade of blues wipes me out. My IW can take one Supersonic if I get her yellow out early enough, but not two (Note to devs: If a level 90 character can survive a boosted to 270 attack, maybe you need to rethink QS). I think not having that green is really holding me back. I'm almost out of boosts needed. I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but I got a few more tries in me.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My IW was also 1/1/1 level 78. It was tough but doable with correct strategy. That's how 4* DPD should be. Beatable if you're strategic enough but not easy.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eaise wrote:
    My IW was also 1/1/1 level 78. It was tough but doable with correct strategy. That's how 4* DPD should be. Beatable if you're strategic enough but not easy.

Unfortunately there just aren't many match-ups where that could happen with the way the 4* DPD has been arranged.

Even in this one you could play perfectly for the vast majority of the match and one lucky drop and it would be game over, hopefully they will introduce another weekly DPD at some point that is more aimed at the 3* to 4* transition and not for a legendary token.
  • This was probably the only one I could play and have a shot at since my IW is the only 4* character I have a few covers for. She's sitting at a lvl 130 with a 1/3/2 built. After countless tries I was determined to get that token. I burned through all my health packs and AP boost but did indeed win at the very last shot. Got that token and pulled SS black power. I felt a great sense of accomplishment cause it was extremely though for me. Especially when the board was not playing in my favor every time I played.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually enjoyed this one - My preferred build for Invisible Woman is 5/3/5. Once I got 9 yellow match and single-target damage was gone, and two blue-into-green combos took mister quicksilver out.
    Level 172 X-Force 4/1/3 - 19th try
    Level 172 Nick Fury 2/3/5 - second try
    Level 172 Invisible Woman 5/3/5 - first try
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had three 4* I thought 'might' have a shot at the DDQ 4*.

Wolverine (1/1/1), Nick Fury (3/1/0) and Invisible Woman (1/1/2). See, I thought Fury had the best shot of the bunch, having 3 covers in a power, and I thought Invisible Woman had the worst shot since she's primarily a defensive character. I didn't figure she'd do enough damage to get it done. LOLme, it turned out - I got the token with IW and not with the other two.

'course, now I get to cool my heels for a while and hope I get favorable pulls from PVE-earned tokens.