IW vs. QS - 4* DDQ matchup

Options

Comments

• thanos8587
    Options
    my 3/1/1 lvl 115 beat it first try boosting r/y and all ap and crit boosts maxed.

my reward.... the 4th iw yellow icon_cry.gif

you cant make that up.
  • Cortez
    Cortez Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh my godness, this is incredible stupid. 10 tries in a row without anything. In the closest one I had him down to 760 HP, then the game forced me to match a blue tile with three locked tiles on the board. Thanks for playing, but no victory for you this time. Annoying that IW's yellow is useless against QS's Blue. Eventually, I'll succeed but it's really annoying. My IW is lvl 111 2/1/2...

*edit* Next try I got it - Hulkbuster as the reward, not too shabby.icon_e_smile.gif
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    With my 5/3/4 250 IW I won on the second try. It's a fun match if long. At least it was enjoyable unlike XWolve vs Cyc icon_e_confused.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dider152 wrote:
    Can somebody please tell me why IW's rival is Quicksilver? Do they hate each other in the comics, or is this just some contrived tinykitty the devs put together so that QS has a chance with his AOE?
    The devs have said in more than one place that some matches would be thematically based (old rivals, etc.) while some would be more strategically chosen according to the character's in-game abilities.

Besides, otherwise, what are you going to do, have Invisible Woman, Thing, and Mr. Fantastic all fight Doctor Doom?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/2/0 IW vs QS

Outcome..... OWIE!
  • Almost had him in my first try. My IW is currently at Level 110 covered with 1/3/2.

I used the plus Match AP and boosts as well as crit boost

I got him down to around 3400 and had both blue/green ready to go. I was also invisible at the time

He makes a match which ends up cascading into a match 5 yellow which just so happens to include my inviso tile, game over

I'm going to try and grind out enough iso to throw another 10-15 levels on her and give it another go
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got him on the first try with my lvl 168 4/3/2 IW.

Boosted yellow/red damage, +2 yellow/red tiles, +2 rainbow.

Took a bit of damage until I got my yellow going, then I didn't take any more damage the rest of the fight.

Deny green at the beginning and start hoarding yellow until you can launch Invisibility. Then pick and choose blue matches to gather force bubbles, making sure to line up 4-matches to take out those frozen team-up tiles. Save the Force bubbles until you have your Force Field Crush ready to fire.

Strategically place the Bubbles to surround any existing frozen tiles, then detonate.

Having more than one invisibility tile is good, just for redundancy. I didn't worry too much about denying green once I was invisible, nor was I precious about those shield tiles. When invisible, they hardly matter.

Keep that up and it is easy to wear him down when he can't hurt you. icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won on the first try with a 4/4/3 140 IW. Boosted match damage 100%, got invisibility up ASAP, and played the long game of matching away his locked TUs and keeping blues unmatchable. Had a close call where I forgot you can't use her green to blow up his tiles, which led to eating a Supersonic, but luckily even at level 270 the damage on that thing is pretty bad.
  • I managed it earlier in 3 or 4 tries (I forget exactly) with my 160 4/5/1 IW (almost useless). Took a very, very long time due to the low damage output from her green and came out with something like 270 health after 2 supersonics (ignores invisibility).

As others have noted, try to use blue -> green back to back to take out QS's force bubbles.

So I was able to do it this time, but generally I'm still VERY disappointed with the format, since I probably won't be able to beat it again until the next time IW rolls around. My 4* roster is still pretty undeveloped, and I don't honestly see any pathway opening up to change that soon. They've made it pretty clear now that they don't intend this to help people with predominantly 3* rosters at all.

Was happy to pull a Jean (first cover), but a bit bittersweet since I know it's a fleeting tease at anything like a meaningful transition, and her PvE was one of the last ones I (tried) to place in before I quit again. I'll keep DPD'ing through anniversary week, but if nothing changes I'll probably stop playing even that.

Good luck everyone!
  • Cortez
    Cortez Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Cortez wrote:
    Oh my godness, this is incredible stupid. 10 tries in a row without anything. In the closest one I had him down to 760 HP, then the game forced me to match a blue tile with three locked tiles on the board. what's the problem with that? unless the AI has another blue match available for their turn..?Thanks for playing, but no victory for you this time. Annoying that IW's yellow is useless against QS's Blue. Eventually, I'll succeed but it's really annoying. My IW is lvl 111 2/1/2...you've got a better chance than me.. mine is just plain simple Woman.. (0/1/3 icon_lol.gif )
    I wonder what are the chances of getting the Legendary token from Simulator and getting an IW yellowflag.png in less than 22 hrs.. ? I've only done 1 clear in the 1st sub 4 hours ago with 4 hours to go in the sub.. and no more health packs.. icon_lol.gif

I made the blue match, the tiles exploded and I was toast, that was the problem. It explodes also when IW makes the match. I got it anyway and Hulkbuster as the reward.icon_e_smile.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    got it on second try w/ a level 151, 553 IW. All color dmg, all color+yel/red boosts. Took two bl/gr combos to down him. Took me 10 mins total, which is surprisingly a lot less than I expected. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Got him on the 4th try with a lvl 120 5/5/3 IW.
    That was actually a pretty fun challenge. The lack of green covers really sucked for my damage output (1500 for 19 AP total...), but match damage and a few lucky crit tiles eventually downed him.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cortez wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Cortez wrote:
    Oh my godness, this is incredible stupid. 10 tries in a row without anything. In the closest one I had him down to 760 HP, then the game forced me to match a blue tile with three locked tiles on the board. what's the problem with that? unless the AI has another blue match available for their turn..?Thanks for playing, but no victory for you this time. Annoying that IW's yellow is useless against QS's Blue. Eventually, I'll succeed but it's really annoying. My IW is lvl 111 2/1/2...you've got a better chance than me.. mine is just plain simple Woman.. (0/1/3 icon_lol.gif )
    I wonder what are the chances of getting the Legendary token from Simulator and getting an IW yellowflag.png in less than 22 hrs.. ? I've only done 1 clear in the 1st sub 4 hours ago with 4 hours to go in the sub.. and no more health packs.. icon_lol.gif

I made the blue match, the tiles exploded and I was toast, that was the problem. It explodes also when IW makes the match. I got it anyway and Hulkbuster as the reward.icon_e_smile.gif

I think what he meant is that the 5th tile will trigger Supersonic, and you said there were 3 on the board. Your probably meant 4, though. And concrats on your HB!
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Options
    Using my 223 lvl 147 IW i beat him the 3rd go around. Like everyone else said getting invisibility out is the key. Using 100% all color damage boost greatly helps speeding up the battle, upping survival chances. This was a pretty fun fight!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cortez wrote:
    Oh my godness, this is incredible stupid. 10 tries in a row without anything. In the closest one I had him down to 760 HP, then the game forced me to match a blue tile with three locked tiles on the board. Thanks for playing, but no victory for you this time. Annoying that IW's yellow is useless against QS's Blue. Eventually, I'll succeed but it's really annoying. My IW is lvl 111 2/1/2...

*edit* Next try I got it - Hulkbuster as the reward, not too shabby.icon_e_smile.gif
    Yellow isn't useless vs his blue, you can stack enough protect tiles to mitigate the damage
  • Cartoon Face
    Options
    Beat it third attempt with a 130 1/4/1 build.

100% damage boost, 50% black/green dmg boost, 50% red/yellow dmg boost

Get that yellow tile out as soon as possible and get lucky..
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got QS down to 1600 with a level 74 1/1/0 IW. It's probably doable with 1/0/0 with a little luck and enough patience.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My lvl. 70 1/3/5 IW got it on the second try. First round I went in unboosted and guess I must have missed one locked tile because to my knowledge QS blue went off at 3 locked tiles, but I had him at half health and was really only trying to see if this would be possible at all. Second try I boosted yellow/red +2, blue/purple +2 and all AP +2 (almost never use those anyway) and just focused on matching yellow first to get invisibility going, lost about half my health but after that I just tried to carefully collect blue and green. QS never matched away my invis. tile so that was a bonus I guess, and at the 3rd Force Field Crush he bit the dust.

I can't be the only one to think that IW probably shines more in a 1v1 battle, right? With her invisibility going she can be a real nuisance to down, nice to not be on the receiving end in this fight.

First time completing the 4* node for me, and can't complain about getting IW green maxed first of all my (mostly undercovered) 4*'s anymore, think it really got me through here. I'm not going to be able to complete the 4* node often so this is a real bonus, really satisfying. Good luck to everyone who's trying to beat it!
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seems you can place more than one invisibility tile at the same time?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep. Gives you extra insurance against a lucky AI match or cascade.