IW vs. QS - 4* DDQ matchup

Options

Comments

• It's all about keeping an eye on his ap meter. Stock up in yellow and use it before he has enough ap to unleash his attack. Your invisibility tile will protect you from all damage. Use 2+blue and green. Set your force bubbles beside locked tiles and burst them so you can get rid of his locked tiles.
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    1/1/5 Lv147 with +AP on second try. Very slow intense match. Invisible+managing QS locks+green deny are key.
    Good times. I'm worried with my 3/1/1 HB coming up.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's all about keeping an eye on his ap meter. Stock up in yellow and use it before he has enough ap to unleash his attack. Your invisibility tile will protect you from all damage. Use 2+blue and green. Set your force bubbles beside locked tiles and burst them so you can get rid of his locked tiles.

All damage except his blue passive firing off. Learned that the hard way.

I won with a lucky starting board. Lotsa yellow. Went invisible really quickly and just farmed some more yellows as backup. He only destroyed my invisible tile once after which I just remade it, one time he actually saved it by using his Loki TU.

Just ground him down with blue followed by green making sure to place it near his locked tiles to remove them. He could fire off his green and black as often as he liked, didn't do jack. Got hit by a lucky blue match one time but that was the worst thing to happen.

Again it seemed to be down to covers more than level, my gal's at 4/3/4 and level 166. It was down to having a board not full of purple, red and black like the first two attempts.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to bite the bullet and give up on this one. My IW is at 1/1/1 and I just couldn't match those special team up tiles away quick enough.

As with the previous iterations I am sure it really is just a matter of luck as most of the time the board seemed to be heavily weighted with blue tiles just after I made my moves. Also I am sure the AI has 15 covers.

This is now the third node in the great 4* DPD Quest and I still think the 3* AI should be maxed at L166 to help with those who have just started the 4* transition and not to help just those who are well into it.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made it after 4 or 5 go's with a level 94 121 IW. After having my invisible tile match away and dying previously, this time I went to play another to see if it would destroy the first and go to a new location - imagine my pleasant surprise when I then had 2 on the board so didn't have to worry so much about losing it! Some +2 APs, no boosted damage because I was trying out a tactic, Supersonic hit once, ground out the victory for a black Iron Man cover.
    Chuffed icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won on my 2nd attempt and I almost lost that one because I forgot his blue can hurt me when invisible. I kept match blue laughing while he fired all of his powers. Then I had 200 something health left and said tinykitty what's happening? Then I remembered and fired blue to green and won the match. My match was a lot closer than it should have been. This also gives me some good insight to how long the Profesor X battle will take
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't believe they picked QS for this. He missed 4 chances to match away my invisibility with Idle Hands.

To me, this is why DDQ 4* challenges are vs. Lvl 270 characters. Usually the AI needs that kind of handicap; except Cyclops, Magneto, Thor, and a few others that will make DDQ 4* near impossible.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took 5 tries with a 5/3/2 level 168, with boosts (ry, all, and 20% dmg).
    My IMHB is not gonna be able to beat anything, though, at 2/0/1. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Glad I was able to complete this one.

3/1/1 - level 115

Won off of pure match damage, used AP boost and all damage x5 (100%). Got me down to 800 HP, but stabilized and just kept the locked tiles off the bored at all costs.

Couple tips: although it is really important to get invisible out, you really need to be able to use Blue + Green to get out of bad situations. I focused on locked Team up > Green > Yellow > Blue to ensure his AOE would not go off.

I never really used Susan before, and did not know you can stack invisibility tiles. This adds insurance in case he does end up breaking one.

Apparently I should of started the game two days earlier, as I have IW Blue coming up for daily.
  • Got him to about 7000 health with a 1-1-0 lvl 74 IW no boosts. That was more of a test run but really wish I woulda used match damage boosts and I would have had it icon_e_sad.gif . Will update if my paltry baglady pulls it off.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    gmp72 wrote:
    Who's managed it, and what's your advice for lower covered/levelled IW ?

I beat it with a 3 yellowtile.png 5 bluetile.png 5 greentile.png level 131 IW on my first try. I think I took less than a thousand points of damage too. I started with max red/yellow boosts, max boost all AP, and max all match damage. Rushed yellow, went invisible, then matched green, team-ups and blue, in that order. QS never got a supersonic off.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rpmck wrote:
    Got him to about 7000 health with a 1-1-0 lvl 74 IW no boosts. That was more of a test run but really wish I woulda used match damage boosts and I would have had it icon_e_sad.gif . Will update if my paltry baglady pulls it off.
    fyi - first 6 tries never got him under 11K. 7th try got him to 6K health and made on my 8th try with my 2/2/0 level 106. good luck.
  • roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Level 74 IW at 1/1/0. It took maybe 10 tries. Was using +2 Yellow/Red, 50% Yellow/Red, 50% Black/Green. Matched Green and Yellow mainly. Obviously couldn't fire Green. Did not collect TUs so that there would be plenty on the board to use to clear locked tiles. Kept enough yellow on hand to re-up invisibility. Towards the last few thousand health, used bubbles to lock blue tiles in place. Obviously not a perfect route, but it got the job done in the end.

cardpack.png
  • FloridaFan
    FloridaFan Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    8 tries with a level 87 1/1/2 IW. Boosted all colors. Got a Hulkbuster Black!!!
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Six tries with my 166 5/4/3 IW. The first five tries were without boosts and while I came close a few times he would always get that last blue match with 4 locked tiles on the board. Sixth try was with max rainbow damage and I almost died again as I made a vertical match 3 and 3 blue tiles fell. The damage from the blue match killed QS before he could use his ability.

Legendary gave me Captain Falcon red.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    Deny green at the beginning and start hoarding yellow until you can launch Invisibility. Then pick and choose blue matches to gather force bubbles, making sure to line up 4-matches to take out those frozen team-up tiles. Save the Force bubbles until you have your Force Field Crush ready to fire.

That last part was the crucial thing for me, I didn't actually realise that the force bubbles counted towards QS's total for ages, once that point sank in then it was just a case of grinding it down.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 1/ 3/ 2 iw lvl 131. Took me about 7 tries. It sucks that her locked tiles helps proc his blue.

I got thing which i did not have so yay!
  • This one was both harder and easier than the others, if that makes sense. Very board dependent, I guess, but this felt more puzzle-like than the other two. XF/Clops was quick for me, but I have a maxed XF, but wiped the first time. Fury is at 230 and fully covered. Took that out on the first try, quite easily.

But in the epic battle of Baglady V. Bagsilver... Advantage Baglady (at least when QS is played by the AI). I dropped a tiny bit of ISO into her and brought her up from level 70 (where she has been ever since the level shift) to a whopping level 100. Did that after wiping a couple times to blue going off, so wanted her at enough health to survive a couple match-3s before gathering enough yellow, and one blue at some point. Still took 5 tries.

But, level 100 took it down well enough, and with the win I had, level 70 would have done it as well.

nkEjdOC.png?1

Ended up being the first one done in my bracket
    mpjMyxA.png?1

Forgot to check levels of the others in my bracket when I finished, but the other 9 from my bracket who completed everything:
    Covers/Level
    9 - 120
    8 - 159
    8 - 127
    5 - 111
    13 - 166
    13 - 210
    10 - 167
    13 - 202
    4 - 94

The 4 and 5 cover ones impress me the most. This was not really about levels, or even covers (as long as you had 1/1/1), but board control and getting a good board.
  • Took about 7 tries, but my 1/1/1 Level 78 Invisible Woman was able to do it. +2 Yellow/Red, +2All AP, +50% Y/R damage

Take that you freakin Speedy Gonzales motherkitty.

Saving the token for me having enough HP to afford a roster spot for a potential PX or whatever. I ain't going to be a full ranked 4* anytime soon, I can wait.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    It took me three or four tries and more than one hour of slow drag to finally beat him with my 2/2/2-127. I'm ambivalent about this node. On one side it was an interesting puzzle game, which is always welcome, on the other hand I can't deny that it's still a test of luck (denying color is mostly luck dependent since you can't predict falls). What made it balanced was that it took almost as much time to go through this fight than to get back a medpack.