IW vs. QS - 4* DDQ matchup

Options

Comments

• mrflopwelligan
    Options
    3rd turn: Loki Illusions > Cascade > 2 Straight Blue Matches + 1 Black Match > Extra Turn > 2nd Black Match.

That coupled with the black he previously had - wiped me out.

Never underestimate the power of an unlucky board.

I, too, didn't realize the first 4 times playing this that my force field tiles counted toward his Supersonic icon_cry.gif

But I WILL beat this! If there's a 4 Star event I can win, it's this one! Cue inspirational speech! icon_twisted.gif
  • Weldddyyy
    Options
    Took long pains to get it right on the third try..... got a greenflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png DAAAAMMMIITT
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Took me 3 tries. lvl 130 IW 225. Boosted Yellow/all and boosted all match damage. I came close in both previous attempts. This was the only 4 star I have any chance with as none of others are over lvl 100. I figured this would be my only shot at a legendary token.

So my first token ever and I got.... Silver Surfer Red!!!
  • teknofyl
    Options
    Took me 3 tries. lvl 130 IW 225. Boosted Yellow/all and boosted all match damage. I came close in both previous attempts. This was the only 4 star I have any chance with as none of others are over lvl 100. I figured this would be my only shot at a legendary token.

So my first token ever and I got.... Silver Surfer Red!!!

Grats!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5 goes I think.

1st 3 tries was a nod from the AI to let me know it knew I was playing and knew that I have a unreasonable temper

4th go I decide to level up my IW to 100 from 80 and try again. Oh look no yellow tiles remotely near each other on the entire board. Queue Screw you cascade and pow suddenly im down. That was also a nod to my spent iso.

5th go I do it. It has a lot to do with luck. However my tip is to get the invisibility off asap. Then look to deny him blue and match off any special tiles created by him matching blue. Do not look to set your blue off or green. Deny Deny Deny. Some skill and thought involved, some luck. 98% AI mood swing.

I slowly matched him down to about 10k then realised through 4 matches and other cascades I had enough for her blue and green to fire off. So I placed the blue lock tiles around some particularly hard to reach special tiles then bust the green. Took out the special tiles and a nice chunk from his health. Managed to do this twice in the game and eventually take him out.

I used extra yellow and green ap as a boost. My IW is level 100 and im fully covered 3,5,5.

Good luck

edit - reward DP Red. My mate got a IW Yellow. Guffaw!!!
  • RynStar
    Options
    I gave up until reading these posts. Thanks for the tips.

IW 3/4/2 to gain Mr. Fantastic yellow.

Thanks forum!
  • xombie666
    xombie666 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did it with a 2/1/3/ lvl 131 IW. Used a +2 yellow, +2 blue, and +2 to all. I built up yellow and went invis as soon as I could and just tried to keep the QS blur tiles to a min with either matches or using my blue and green powers to get rid of them. He was able to pop all 5 off once and I was able to live through it to finish it up on my first try. Was pretty easy. Got a purpleflag.png Jean out of it
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    hah, learned something. if there are 4 locked out there and lots of blue on the board, if you can arrange a blue match-4 to take one of the locks, it completes the line removal before activating the ability. thought I was dead in the water there. on my 8th try. 7th got him down to 6K health.

edit: woot!!!! 8th try with 2/2/0. man that was a long slog. took forever. green would have made it sooo much easier. after striking out getting to 1300 in pvp on a week where cage was boosted where I thought I had chances, getting home here where I thought I had almost no chance is very satisfying. can be done!! 2/2/- level 106 (at level max). boosted r/y +2 and match damage +50% for both r/y and g/black (was not going to throw hp boosts at it).
    one key for my level 106 IW (5180 starting health) was getting a yellow off quickly, that way a single blue didn't one shot me. I actually ate a blue and it sure hurt - took me down to 900 health, but all the other times it took so long to get the yellow down that the first blue that went off was the end of it.
  • mrflopwelligan
    Options
    Woohoo! did it! My level 116 3/3/3 IW did it in about 8 or 9 times. Boosted +2 R/Y.

Anycrap, I echo everything people said here - prioritize yellow, watch those blue matches and don't forget he can use your force bubble tiles against you!

Got a blue Mr. Fantastic for my effort - and the sweet, sweet feeling of pride of having beaten one of these.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wanted to try without leveling IW, so beat it after a couple tries with level 120 at 3/5/5.

Really, her levels don't matter for yellow and blue. Green damage is the only factor in how fast you can do damage, versus how long you can keep QS's aoe from going off.
  • Beat it on my second try LVL 110 2/3/2 IW. It was all about managing blue and locked tiles. Got the invisibility up quick and just kept plugging along!
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Beat Quicksilver with my lv 70 1/1/1 IW.

Invisibility tiles to prevent damage, and FYI you can use IW's green -> blue to destroy qs' locked tiles, just place the force bubbles adjacent to qs' locked tiles.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3rd try with 3-3-5 lvl 170. Followed like the previous 4* DDQ where I lose when AI gets cascade and I only win if AI doesn't get cascade and I do.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    167 4/4/5 and beat it first time. Fury I had un-optimal 13 covered level 167 and won first time also - both much easier battles than 270 XF!

The key may be lucky board (some team-mates with similar level having a hard time), but also using match-damage boosts to the max.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I made a video of my go at it.

Man was that frustrating. AI managed to get 27 blue before I could use my Force Bubbles once. I still won though, and kept on going for a DDQ speed run after that.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat this node before reading the tip about Force Bubbles feeding Supersonic.

Took about 6 tries to beat it with a lvl 94 3/5/5 using 2+ Rainbow and +100% Rainbow Power Boost and +50% G/U Power Boost.
    Got a lucky board that let me cast Yellow early on. Ate a Supersonic, but was still in the game. Somehow I ended up with enough green, but short on blue, so I had to spend some time setting up the board so QS could match his own locked tiles. After casting Blue->Green, I had QS down to 300ish. I knew I could take him out with one Green match, but was still worried about cascades. Luckily for me, the board was pretty stable.

owjmQEHl.png
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 tries with my l130 2/2/3. It's a slog for sure but beat my first 4* ddq and got my 2nd legendary. So hard waiting to open them but will wait for higher 5* odds.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat it on my fifth try with a 2/1/2 level 111 IW. Boosted yellow, blue, and all AP. Should have won on my 2nd try, but accidentally used my green power when no bubbles were on the board. Lost with QS at 45 HP. D'oh!
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    drewesque wrote:
    I have the worst build...0/2/2. I can see how it would be totally okay with invisibility.
    And I wasted my legendary tokens before the increased 5* to try for a yellow, to no avail.
    Yeah, unless you have her 0/5/5 and leveled pretty high or something like that, I'm going to say that it just can't be done without her yellow.

Took me about 13 tries with my level 70 at 2/2/2. Part of my problem was that I played the first half of my matches not realizing that my force bubbles counted as locked tiles for QS blue.

Get invisible as soon as possible, and do everything to protect that invisibility tile, and avoid blue matches. Create match-4s for the AI to break up locked tiles.

More than anything I'm excited to have gotten through this battle without having to put a single drop of ISO into IW icon_e_biggrin.gif

I disagree about avoiding blue matches. I hate-matched blue as long as I wasn't going to put myself in danger of getting popped by Supersonic. And I matched a lot of team up tile and I matched TUs to pop his bubbles as often as possible.

The trick for me was, to not use Force Bubbles until my green was ready. It also helped to drop the bubbles diagonally bracketing his bubbles. This kept Supersonic in check, since it didn't leave too many of his or my bubbles out there.
  • ninjar69
    ninjar69 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So after 3 times at my 120 3 1 4 iw
    Decided to up her to 172.
    5 more times n finally beat qs.
    Opened my legendary pack and what do i get
    HELL YESSSSSSSS
    redflag.pngicon_silversurfer.png