Today's 4* DDQ Feedback [Sep 20 - Nick Fury vs. Magneto]

Options

Comments

• Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It seems to me, looking at this thread and remembering the XForce thread, that the fights seem to be calibrated at around 7-8 covers as a tipping point. Have 7-8 covers in the essential character, then you've got a shot, with multiple attempts, boosts, denial, and luck. Less than that and you're probably hosed.

There's a little leaking around the edges, and some of it depends on cover concentration, but I may just use 7 covers as a way to decide whether I'm even gonna throw boosts and health packs at it or not.

Seven to eight covers is somewhere between "rich get richer" and "helping people with limited 4* rosters build them up" - if this new game mode and other changes legitimately help players get to 7-9 covers, the weekly DDQ will be another avenue to get them from 8-13.

It's not a lot of fun, though. It's probably the closest thing to a straight up dice roll there is in the game. The more covers you have, the more dice you get to roll, but there's very little tactics or overall game progression can do to change the outcome. Essential's strong enough, you can win. Not strong enough, you can't. On the bubble? Then it's expensive.
  • Lboogie
    Options
    I wish to amend my post. After about 20 tries i won with a 2/2/2 127 fury. Actually maxed crit damage and got lots of match 5's. All luck. Token was a useable yellow tgot...as useable as it can be lol
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, spank my bottom and call me Daisy...did it third go icon_eek.gif 3/3/2, lvl 116. +2 P/B, +2 all. Managed to get out 2 Demolitions that Mags matched. I knew that was my only hope so it was nice that he obliged icon_mrgreen.gif

Got a Deadpool red from the Legendary. It's just another 1 cover 4* for me, but it's nice to have him on my roster.
  • 30 tries and still no dice. Screw you D3. You all suck, and thanks for not giving a rats **** about your players. And thanks again for leading us on for 6 months pretending that this was going to be anything bordering on a genuine part of the 3-4* transition. Again, screw you, you colossal jerks.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Can I just say, the team-up pick for this one is probably the greatest troll they've ever devised.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Destroyed it in one try with a 165 Fury. Thanks for the legendary token!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Well, spank my bottom and call me Daisy...did it third go icon_eek.gif 3/3/2, lvl 116. +2 P/B, +2 all. Managed to get out 2 Demolitions that Mags matched. I knew that was my only hope so it was nice that he obliged icon_mrgreen.gif

Got a Deadpool red from the Legendary. It's just another 1 cover 4* for me, but it's nice to have him on my roster.

His blue is his only attack of value and his opponent needed blue for his only attack. I thought this was a fair fight... unlike cyclops where board luck played a huge part.
  • ClydeFrog76
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    His blue is his only attack of value and his opponent needed blue for his only attack.

His red can absolutely cane you, too.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    and even tho they can obviously handpick them ... they can't possibly handpick something useless.

Hadn't even thought of that.
    "Admitting" they were unable to completely disable TU for that fight without disabling it for the whole of DDQ seems a little disingenuous when they've obviously made TUs for the boosted 3* that compliment their abilities.

Otherwise they'd have always had Bagman teamups.
  • Does anyone think it's possible with a 1/3/2 lvl131 Fury? Don't wanna waste boosts if I haven't a hope in hell.
  • theZeppo wrote:
    Does anyone think it's possible with a 1/3/2 lvl131 Fury? Don't wanna waste boosts if I haven't a hope in hell.

Possible? Yes.

You're going to need to get lucky, though.

You're more likely to waste all your boosts before you win, but you still have a decent shot of winning before that. It's up to you.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    theZeppo wrote:
    Does anyone think it's possible with a 1/3/2 lvl131 Fury? Don't wanna waste boosts if I haven't a hope in hell.
    It's not just possible, as I posted on page one or two of this thread, I did it on my first try. 2/3/1 lvl 131. I used crit x2, stockpile red/yellow, and all color damage x2.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    theZeppo wrote:

Go Hell bent for leather!
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tried all day in the first event and got nowhere (my XFW is 100 with 1/2/1, so I wasn't expecting to). Same thing this time with a level 94 Fury. Not going to get butt hurt about it because it's just a game a play on my phone when there isn't much else to do. It's still some **** though when the CPU drops your Demolition trap tiles on green tiles in the corners of the board then allowing the AI to get around 20 AP from a number of cascades in their favor (like they need it).

Oh well. Guess the transition to 4-star land will never happen for me, despite playing daily for close to two years now.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried all day in the first event and got nowhere (my XFW is 100 with 1/2/1, so I wasn't expecting to). Same thing this time with a level 94 Fury. Not going to get butt hurt about it because it's just a game a play on my phone when there isn't much else to do. It's still some **** though when the CPU drops your Demolition trap tiles on green tiles in the corners of the board then allowing the AI to get around 20 AP from a number of cascades in their favor (like they need it).

Oh well. Guess the transition to 4-star land will never happen for me, despite playing daily for close to two years now.

I hate to be THAT **** who tells you this but if you have been playing for that long and you still have that few covers for x-force and Fury then you haven't been trying that hard to progress. That's OK, we all play and climb at different rhythms but don't come here to lament yourself and fish for sympathy because by now you should have the covers and levels to beat this node.
  • Omega Red
    Options
    theZeppo wrote:

My advice would be to try it w/o boosts ... or at least any boosts you would use anywhere else. You're relying on a lot of luck. So...just rely on the luck. Don't burn up valuable boosts. Especially not anything that has an HP price associated with it!

I agree with this. If you can beat it with boosts then you can beat it without them. If your character is too weak then there are no boosts that will give you a more legitimate shot.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omega Red wrote:

I hate to be THAT **** who tells you this but if you have been playing for that long and you still have that few covers for x-force and Fury then you haven't been trying that hard to progress. That's OK, we all play and climb at different rhythms but don't come here to lament yourself and fish for sympathy because by now you should have the covers and levels to beat this node.

And, frankly, this is the same old sad, sorry, "If you don't play the game exactly the way I think you should play it you don't deserve blah blah blah" song that we've been hearing for months.

Not everybody gives a **** about PvP. Not everybody who plays PvP has any interest in spending on multiple shields to reach 1k or (now) 1300 in a given PvP event.

Not everybody is willing to go t100 alliance hunting. Some are in an alliance with their friends so that they can share the victories and losses because, y'know, social game.

And, yet, that has, up to now, been essentially THE avenue to gaining any 4* covers, aside from placement in PvE.

So, no, it's not that "by now you should have the covers." Because if you're not in a top alliance, if PvP isn't a big part of your play, and you don't have a horseshoe up your **** on token pulls, you AREN'T going to have the covers.

And that's the player's fault exactly to the extent that "if you don't play the game the way I think you should play the game you don't deserve 4* covers" is valid.

Hint: it's not **** valid.
  • Omega Red
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

And, frankly, this is the same old sad, sorry, "If you don't play the game exactly the way I think you should play it you don't deserve blah blah blah" song that we've been hearing for months.

Not everybody gives a tinykitty about PvP. Not everybody who plays PvP has any interest in spending on multiple shields to reach 1k or (now) 1300 in a given PvP event.

Not everybody is willing to go t100 alliance hunting. Some are in an alliance with their friends so that they can share the victories and losses because, y'know, social game.

And, yet, that has, up to now, been essentially THE avenue to gaining any 4* covers, aside from placement in PvE.

So, no, it's not that "by now you should have the covers." Because if you're not in a top alliance, if PvP isn't a big part of your play, and you don't have a horseshoe up your **** on token pulls, you AREN'T going to have the covers.

And that's the player's fault exactly to the extent that "if you don't play the game the way I think you should play the game you don't deserve 4* covers" is valid.

Hint: it's not tinykitty valid.

It's fair that you don't like pvp for whatever the reason. I myself don't like things like lighting rounds or heroics pve. You're entitled to play or skip anything you want, that's your prerogative. I don't see how that entitles you to receive elite rewards tough. You want elite rewards then you have to play the elite game. You want to ignore the competitive nature of this game, fine, just don't expect to receive elite rewards for that.

Also you realize that by asking to cater for the casual, social player you are also imposing your own view of how this game should be played?
  • likwid6
    likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lv115 1/3/1 NFury and the lowest Ive gotten Mags down to is 1.7K. Since then I can't get him under 7K.

http://imgur.com/WvbQw8P

35+ health packs and thousands of ISO on boosts...ugh it's a pain. Super tempted to buy the 1900 ISO needed for a 4th blue cover.

Day 470 player, admittedly a few months of that is logging in for only DDQ. Looking forward to IW time as she's my best covered at 4/1/3 (upto lv172)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

Not everybody gives a tinykitty about PvP. Not everybody who plays PvP has any interest in spending on multiple shields to reach 1k or (now) 1300 in a given PvP event.

Hint: it's not tinykitty valid.

Athletic medals. Good grades. Beating a game of skill. Becoming a good artist. Grabbing some virtual reward in a stupid match-3 game. All things that require time and effort applied in a certain, specific way until you eventually obtain the results. What is not valid is feeling entitled to do achieve any of those things without the effort and time other people are spending in it.

More on topic, beat it with my 3/3/3 130 Nick Fury in six attempts. Definitely much easier than X-Force vs Cyclops.