Today's 4* DDQ Feedback [Sep 20 - Nick Fury vs. Magneto]

Comments

• Blinkxi
    Blinkxi Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Beat it on my third try with a lvl 152 3/1/3 Fury using B+P boost only.

Wasnt as bad as i was expecting. I focused on matching (in order) blue, red, yellow, purple/team up. Keeping the team up tiles low meant i survived 1 red cast.
  • spent 60k ISO, booset my fury to 168. Used +2 all, max power all boost and this time with his lucky **** cascades he beat me in 5 moves. 5 moves and he has his red and blue powered.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Looks like my 2-1-3 L131 Fury needs more luck and boosts than I have. I came close a couple of times, with post-Escape Plan critical cascades, but couldn't get there.

Makes me regret all the shields I used to get that second yellow cover.
  • 7 moves this time. From reading other posts I know I'm just getting a bit unlucky but the board sure seems to be stacked in one direction.
  • Woot, beat him. No lucky cascades this time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me 6 attempts and 30k iso with my 4/3/4 Fury, started @ 71 ended at 145
  • Same as last week, I won on my second try, using boosts. Just two Blue/purple ones this time. Level 180 2/4/4

Magneto matched his own Starlord tile.

This match has good strategy to it. If you take all the blue tiles and the team up tiles, then your opponent has nothing to work with. Successfully complete your Escape Plan, and his protect tiles don't do as much.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Why do my trap tiles hate me???

11146659_10153841237151756_1923321188939253933_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b0631c09d5877d70559f096dc056dabc&oe=569701A4
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    2nd attempt with my 3/5/3 168 Fury. First time had him down to 300ish or so. Both times I was able to deny blue. First time got hit by Mags red twice, but the second time was so soon after the first time it barely damaged (that first was one was oooof though). They used the Starlord team-up both times as well, but that didn't seem to really make much difference in the fight.

I think (barring an unlucky board) this was a more interesting fight. With Cyke, you were basically in a flat race because: 1) he could feed himself and increase his ability damage and 2) his abilities are high damage to bonkers damage. With Mags, he has one completely variable damage and one high damage ability. But you can effect the damage on both. Denying blue and red weakens his blue if he does get it off. In this case matching away team up tiles (hey +10% team up damage boost that never gets used until now) weakens his red. So as oppose to the Cyke fight, you can effect both his AP collection and his damage if he gets them off.

Additionally, Fury's abilities provide a bit more flexibility then XFW for a fight like this.

EDIT: So far both of these fights have been against characters who overlap two colors. I wonder if that will hold true in every fight.
  • 2/3/4 lvl 112 Fury took me 5 tries. First 3 I tried with no boosts, then I added +2 blue/purple and was 2 purple AP away from winning (had him under 2k and had just survived Mags red). Added the +2 all for my 5th try and won pretty easily.

I thought this would be much harder. This actually gives me hope for some of my other lvl 70 4*s that have some covers. I might get through more of these 4* DDQs than I thought I would. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    2w6difn.jpg
    Same as before, succeed at 5th attempt, near lose situation. Fire one yellow, two blue, one purple, and mags match trap tile match end, use ap+.

first attempt lv 70 downed by match damage, second pumping iso into lv 130 and got downed by mags red, third to fourth pump more iso(up to 140) also downed by red powers also mag fire a lot yellow power(freakin' cascade, i know)

Pulled purpleflag.png jean grey(needed) icon_lol.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Here's my new anecdotal experience- where as my 1/1/1 Wolverine had gotten Cyclops as low as 772 hp, my 1/0/1 level 74 Nick Fury never got to use an ability.
    8 of my 10 tries I was dead on turn three. Mags got a cascade in his colors each of those, and the other two tries I couldn't deny him anything- red and blue matches dropped for him no matter what I matched.

This fight is a lot more lopsided against low levels. Xforce had a chance, but Nick doesn't.
  • It was worth it. Pulled a surfer!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    lvl 136 3/2/3 Fury. Succeeded on the second try. Had about two-thirds hitpoints remaining even.
    Much more doable than the previous match against Cyc.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Level 270 Magneto. With a Star-Lord teamup that just happens to lower the cost of all Magneto's powers. And we still can't use teamups. Wonderful.

What's with the tu infatuation? Tu tiles are not the saviour. You should be matching blue\red\yellow if you want to play this node correctly. Ignore tus.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Level 270 Magneto. With a Star-Lord teamup that just happens to lower the cost of all Magneto's powers. And we still can't use teamups. Wonderful.

What's with the tu infatuation? Tu tiles are not the saviour. You should be matching blue\red\yellow if you want to play this node correctly. Ignore tus.
    Just noting that it's the same limitations as last time. I have a level 270 Fury, so I wasn't really worried personally.
    Invisible Woman, on the other hand... That could be a challenge...
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hooray, my 172 2/3/5 managed in on the second try. I went in with +2 blue and purple, +2 all AP, and +60% damage. The first try was an amazing failure - it started off great, starting with access to a match-5 purple. I launched escape plan and had a good feeling. Then, apparently Mr. Magneto had an even better feeling, because he snagged two blue match fives in a row (one of which destroyed my buried-in-a-corner escape plan countdown) and transformed me into a greasy stain with an eyepatch on top on turn three or four.

Second try, though, Magneto did himself in by matching a demolition tile. The reward was blue Falcon. Not exactly overwhelming, but at least it was better than the blue invisible woman I pulled from my first legendary. Plus, that's a character I didn't have, so there's that.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I beat it in one attempt with my 1-2-5, level 166 Fury, no boosts. Friendly board with plenty of green and some purple there. Key here was escape plan that stole Mags blue when he was a match short of getting enough ap to fire it.

I wonder if another character was slated for this node and they switched to Magneto after last tuesday's outrage?
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    3/2/0 Lvl 127, took over 10 tries and then I got super lucky with Demo. Very happy I even got through it after not beating it last week.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Esheris wrote:
    3/2/0 Lvl 127, took over 10 tries and then I got super lucky with Demo. Very happy I even got through it after not beating it last week.

You give me hope!