Today's 4* DDQ Feedback [Sep 20 - Nick Fury vs. Magneto]

Comments

• donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    cleared the node in one try with a 5-5-3 lvl 142 NF (+2 b/p; +2 y/r; +x% on b/p) . I was ready to pump more iso into the good ol' general, but it turned out to be unnecessary.

I was down to 1k near the end after eating a polarizing force (with very few tu tiles on the board, luckily), but truth to be told, the match was longer than expected, cause magneto had the chance to fire his yellow.

Collecting blue and yellow - and denying red when necessary - was the key to win the fight.

I was able to fire a demolition quite early in the match, I collected blue again and yellow; stunned mags (firing yellow) and had a few turns to collect blue again. Then fired demolition once again, and waited for him to match one of the traps. I probably had a lucky board, but the node seems to me fairly balanced: of course, you need a NF decently covered, at least in avengers assemble or demolition.
  • Well, apparently they have zero interest in creating a genuine, authentic 3-4* transition. So I guess now I have to decide whether I simply sandbox myself, or just delete my roster.

Disappointing that the devs really just don't give a **** about anything other than enforcing artificial scarcity. The only time they make any kind of concessions are when they're forced by the player base (mass departures), and even then it's usually like this 4* DPD - say it's going to improve things, but in reality just shuffle things around and leave things in the same state as it was before.

Equally disappointing that Sega didn't hire a new team that actually give a *&^% when they bought out Demiurge. If devs want our respect, they need to earn it.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I downed CMags on my 2nd attempt.

My Fury is lvl 190 4/5/3 and I managed to fire off escape plan and then demolition. My escape plan attack tile didn't go off as he took my traps

Not sure if I should open my token right now as others stated that if you get a Silver Surfer then your meta ranking changes or something like that.

Any truth in this?
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Was surprised to see Magneto, I thought for sure we'd have a Nick Fury vs Hood match.

Beat it on about my eighth attempt with my 4/1/2 152 fury and got a icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png

Can't complain.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm having a much harder time with this one than I did Cyclops with my 5/1/0 level 150 Fury. No matter how much I try, I just haven't been able to deny red or blue. I'm going to keep trying and hope I get super lucky with cascades, but that will be my only chance.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    What gets me is the instruction on the character select page - "Form a team of Nick Fury!"

Why you no grammar well, Demiurge? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    The bright side is that his Red and Blue powers are variable damage; I got hit by a Red on one attempt and it did about 2500... not great since I eventually had to retreat due to match damage, but survivable.

I had a newly 3/5/5 Fury (thanks Divine Champions), but only at level 124 initially. I gave it two tries (each with +2 Blue/Purple AP boosts only) that failed... the biggest challenge I had was with board layout. The first was a buffet of color matches that I couldn't use. The second was similar, but I at least got a blue and purple off before I had taken too much damage to go on.

After spending some ISO to raise him to level 142, I won on my third attempt (also with just the +1 B/P AP boost). It was a fight where he did get a Yellow off that I was able to mostly cascade away from Demolition. Escape Plan's strike tile punched through the rest enough for me to get him to 8 HP(!) before he cast another set of Protects (one of which overwriting my Strike tile). At that point, I was still able to chip damage him down from 1 point matches before he could build up to an attack.

If you are using more powerful boosts, I think people with a lower level or covered Fury still have a shot with a lucky board. Fury's trap damage is only level dependent, more covers raise the number of traps and not the damage per trap.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interestingly, someone at the top of the leaderboard I am on, managed to complete it with a 2-1-1, level 94.

I wonder if they have any boosts left?
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    I beat it, but a big missed opportunity for a grudge match that makes sense. Shoulda been Professor X vs Magneto
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there anywhere they said it can't repeat enemies?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Node went well. Got both Escape plan and Demolition off. Mags only used the teamup. Token gave me icon_starlord.pngpurpleflag.png - needed but hardly exciting. Going to have to save ISO now for the Invisible Woman battle on Friday - I wonder if she could be going up against She-Hulk? Would fit the pattern so far at least.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    herm1978 wrote:
    I'd really like to see the match a low covered Fury wins. At least Cyclops needed 10 and 13 for his one shotters icon_razz.gif

Maybe mine qualifies? Nick Fury, 2/3/1 Level 131.
    I selected yellow/red stockpile, crit x2, all color match damage x2. I denied him yellow and red (and blue, but that was my third priority). I popped all my powers once they came up, though I made sure to have 5 red when I did avengers assemble.

Mags got off one Polarizing Force. I set traps, and let him have a 5 match in yellow since two of my traps were in that match, and it set em all off. A few more cautious blue matches and he died.

I got a silver surfer from my legendary token.

I have to say, it boggles the mind. Compared to last week, with my similarly covered XF Wolverine (1/1/4) where 30ish tries failed... this was SO anticlimactic. It was kind of sad.
    Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining about my silver surfer. HELL NO.
  • That's it! I quit. I am going to write a mean help ticket. My 1 cover Nick fury should be able to win this fight!!!! Ugh, this is so unfair!!!!!!

icon_evil.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I took a shot a it with my mighty one cover fury with no delusions that he would actually succeed. It is not as if he gets any use apart from unlocking essentials anyway so nothing to lose.

Forgone conclusion and over even quicker than I thought. Two matches and a favourable cascade for magneto and that was that.
  • Finished it, but it felt like more of a tinykittyshoot than a strategic puzzle event.

127 level Fury (2/2/2) vs CMags.
    Took 4 attempts and all sorts of Boosts (Pretty much +2 All, +2 Yellow/Red and +2 Blue/Purple each time)

I think the benchmarks have been set, we were told it would be achievable, and it is with ridiculous luck.
    Would just like to hear from anyone with a maxed out 4* as to how they find the event and if they're as one-shot as an underdeveloped Fury.
    If it's a case that you die maxed out if a power goes off, then surely D3 needs to look at who they're putting us up against and reconsider at least the Team Up situation?

Two trials, two top 5 3*'s to try to beat.. is this what we're going to see cycled and recycled?

Currently I have issue with how little strategy and planning mean with this event, and how much it rests solely on luck.
    Denial is a nice strategy, but on each of the first three attempts my denial strategy led to Mags getting a cascade into Red or Blue and firing off the killing power the following turn.
    You can't plan against that, and there's no bad strategy there for you to correct.
    As players, random is not our friend and it only further divides the playerbase and in extreme enough cases can render strategy useless.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    Going to have no complaints on this one as a 001 Fury should be smacked to high heaven.. still going to try it but no boosts
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I have now gone through all my heals and boosts without winning. Even worse, I accidentally bought more tile damage boosts for 100 (!) HP and then accidentally used them on a regular DDQ node because I clicked too quickly. I am beginning to hate Magneto.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    won it with a 323 fury at lvl 160 on second try. used full boosts incl. an ancient +20% against mutie boost

had a lucky board of few red/blue and stole his blues just before the nuke was ready
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    My 145 max covered fury bested cmag on second try. Cmag red was survivable. I suspect his blue isn't. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • My level 75 Fury lasted 3 moves today. 3 moves was all Magneto (of course with multiple cascades) needed to kill my Fury. I knew I wouldn't win. I just played to see how bad it would be.