4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also have a Silver Surfer teamup that I couldn't load, so 5* teamups are also out.
  • MajinDavid wrote:
    People stop complaining about how your 3 covered xforce isn't gonna get you a free win. This is meant to be for players already in the 4* transition, not people just starting it. There's maybe 3 or 4 characters that I MIGHT be able to do after today. And that's fine with me. I knew this wasn't gonna be a free cover every 5 days. Today's my best chance at a cover since I do have him cover maxed and level 200 but I'm not gonna complain when my kingpin level 94 at 0/2/1 can't beat daredevil...stop acting entitled.

No one was expecting a free win. The devs said, however, that with a 4* with only 1 cover, it would be doable - extremely hard, bit doable. This is exactly the opposite - this is impossible for anyone but already fully covered 4* players
  • Cartoon Face
    Options
    Words cannot describe the way i feel about this 4* challenge.

This looks to be designed for rosters with maxed out 4* to begin with making it another case of rich get richer while the rest of us sit in the dark.

Hopefully this will get them reading all the bad feedback and force them to rethink. I can imagine i'm not the only one seeing red at the moment.

I did beat it on my sixth attempt using lvl 200 2/5/5 setup. 6 attempts later...

I cant help but feel sorry for anyone thinking this was a 3-4* transition. Its a giant slap in the face.
  • Whiners gotta whine.

Deny yellow, use yellow to keep your Xforce alive, stock black then use it to remove all red from the board, win. It's just as simple. I won on my first try.

Also, remember you can use boosts. Like, you know, stacked damage boost? icon_e_smile.gif

BUT THE AI CAN USE T/Us! Of course it's Thor Red so it makes yellow for Cyclops.

This is an absolute joke. I understood it would be challenge but you basically need a fully covered 4* to beat this which completely defeats the purpose of winning a Legendary token. Most players only have X-Force as their most covered, myself included with a 4/2/2 build.

I couldn't even put a dent into Cyclops health, I never had enough time to build up my powers because every board was filled with Red, so I have to deny that. My green barely does any damage.. I can ramble on and on about this..

So much for earning 4*'s "easier"

Edit: I went back to sleep after wiping three times. I woke up hoping it was a dream... it wasn't icon_mad.gif
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm sure no one reads down this far, but I am adding my disgust to this thread.

I was excited.... now.... not so much.

I figured once a week getting a 4* with some challenge would be awesome.. not going to happen
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was hoping this would be a case of helping the 4star transition...not a rich get richer case where only people with every 4star covered and leveled will win.

If the developers could change this where we face a 4star character and can use 1 3star or 4star against it then I think that would be a fun challenge where we stand a chance.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Words cannot describe the way i feel about this 4* challenge.

This looks to be designed for rosters with maxed out 4* to begin with making it another case of rich get richer while the rest of us sit in the dark.

Hopefully this will get them reading all the bad feedback and force them to rethink. I can imagine i'm not the only one seeing red at the moment.

I did beat it on my sixth attempt using lvl 200 2/5/5 setup. 6 attempts later...

I cant help but feel sorry for anyone thinking this was a 3-4* transition. Its a giant slap in the face.

"this too shall pass"
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_neutral.gif

Got it on the 6th attempt here. Won a yellowflag.png Fury. My Wolverine is level 167:

3 greenflag.png
    5 blackflag.png
    1 yellowflag.png

And that makes me realize that this system is completely screwed up. Wolverine is by far my most powerful 4*. This is just going to be the rich getting richer, making it more likely for the 4*s to advance to 5* land, but little for us that actually need 4*s. Is my 2/2/2 Fury going to pass one of these? Extremely unlikely. My 1/0/1 Hulkbuster? Not a bloody chance. Ultimately, this will just speed the time before my struggling 3* stop getting matched against 4*s and start getting matched against 5*s.

So, screw you D3.

Oh and screw you for that Thor team up that killed me on attempt 3, when I couldn't use any.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Wolverine is only on 131lvl with 2/3/1 at covers.
    I used both boosts for Black/Green and Damage Boost for All.

On the first try I have managed to take off only half of Cyclops health.
    On the second try I have won with full health (healed twice with my poor yellow countdown) and not letting Cyclops to use any ability once (when he was dying he had only something like 6 black APs, 3 red and I think 0 yellow) - but I had incredible luck, many match-5s and denying him to gain useful APs all the time.

So it is possible - you just need some luck icon_cool.gif
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    Options
    1/4/1 lvl 131 is getting smacked around. 8 tries and lowest I've gotten him is to 4800. I think 5th black could get me there or a very lucky board. It's all deny red because it's a one shot ko.

Not enjoying this.

Edit: 18 wipes now. I think 2x if I had 5th black I may have won. I know for sure one time a 5th black would have won it. Gotten him down to 2500 now. No good boosts left either. So 2ap black green I'm bringing.

Beat it on 20. Good board. Saved green until lots of red or black on board and fired 2 or 3 times. Fire black when too much red.

Glad I don't have a fury to try next weeks.
  • Whiners gotta whine.

Deny yellow, use yellow to keep your Xforce alive, stock black then use it to remove all red from the board, win. It's just as simple. I won on my first try.

I miss the downvote button...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dear IceIX,

I have always appreciated the time you took to speak with us and your honesty. Although you did state that a low covered 4* would have a "difficult time" beating the 4* DDQ, you also mentioned your own roster has beaten it. You have a 3/4/2 lvl 188 Xforce, so I ask you please show us a video on how you took down the monster lvl 270 Cyclops to win Jean Grey's love (aka Legendary token).

Myself and many others are just very disappointed with the new 4* as you can see from the many discussions this morning. I do not expect to beat these with my 1-3 cover 4*s, but I was hoping I could at least beat it with my 4/2/2 XForce. This way I could grab a Legendary token every 11-12 weeks, which I would have been fine with. With that said, why could we not just get a weekly Growth Industry-type event? That was challenging, yet fun. This 1v1 is not fun even for a 4* player. Growth Industry received positive feedback overall yet we get this.

We look forward to your response based on our feedback. Thank you.
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
    IceIX wrote:
    So the players who are transitioning 3*->4* don't have much shot at the rotation for legendary tokens?
    Depends on the 4*. I've beaten many of the nodes with their current balancing with a copy of my current roster from Live. And as anyone who has seen my roster knows, I'm not living la vida 4* yet.
    IceIX wrote:
    Are we talking half way covered or just 4* with 1-3 covers because that's a massive difference.
    Here's my current roster, for reference:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IceIX/
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I beat it first try, xf 553 140, g/b ap boost, rainbow ap boost, 100% dmg boost (for good measure, and I rarely use them anymore, I had 28 rainbow ap's collecting dust so...) pulled a IMHB blue from the token, 544 now...would have liked something I could have put to better use but meh, I'll take it...
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Before starting, let me precise that i don t have a consistent 4* roster: only have level 166 HB and 130 IW fully covered, and my level 130 XF has 12 covers.

When i read some reactions, i dont understand: were all the legendary tokens put in game supposed to be won by everyone?

From what i remember, it has been said that legendary tokens would appear and be a first step to improve easier 4* characters: it s the beginning, and maybe later legendary tokens will become more present and accessible to more and more players.
    I m pretty sure that soon, 4* pvp will occur regularly, which will satisfy many players, so let s be patient icon_e_smile.gif

Moreover, legendary tokens are accessible to a lot of players:

- For those who play pve (rookies, semi advanced players, and others), there is the final pve progression token: many of us who play regularly pve shouldn t forget that reaching such peak doesn t require full grind all along the event, but regular play and especially on the last days of the event (where subs worth more points). For instance,several players made 130k to the previous Hulk pve, which almost twice what required to get legendary token in current pve, meaning that a lot of players made it to 70K last time

- For those who are tired of pve, and are more focused on pvp, there is the final pvp progression token: it s a challenge to make it to 1300, but usually, those burnt of pve have consistent rosters (3 *+) and can have a real nice challenge to make it

- For the big rosters vet and the whales, there is the final fight in Deadpool Daily Quest: not that easy even for the vets, as recent 4* characters may not be well covered enough to make the fight easy...

Now, i agree with one improvement: please remove TU for the AI, please icon_e_smile.gif Otherwise, where is the issue? I think these 3 tokens are challenging for the majority, and many of those who cannot reach any of them will probably be just very recent players with no roster (and they don t need legendary token, which will take them one roster slot for a character not needed yet), and some others will be players who play too rarely or few minutes a day (sorry for u, i confess)

We should be happy that so "many" tokens are deployed in all categories of the game, allowing us to have a shot in earning something who can improve significantly our roster and our game, until the moment when we will have several 4* pvp (hang on, fellows), and other option to win the holy grail, a 5* character!

One last thing: miracles are still possible, some people with not that great roster can make it from time to time to 1300 in pvp, and a level 130 XF can defeat a 270 cyclops: they are legendary tokens, so for now, let s appreciate getting a few from time to time, they not standard ones! icon_e_smile.gif

Good luck everyone! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    Options
    the logic in this new challenge is mind-boggling.

"Hey guise! we are going to give you a way to earn those really hard to get 4* covers! you know, those covers you've been trying to earn for a whole calendar year! how cool does that sound?!?! who's interested in that! "

"whoa whoa whoa, calm down over there, guy in the corner! what's that, you say? you are well into 3* land and are looking at ways to take the next step? you want some 4* covers because it IS the next logical step? you want a chance to earn some 4* covers so that it gives you something to strive for and stay interested in the game?"

"well, have I got just the thing for you!!!!1! all you need is to win a single node with one of your 4* characters!!!"

guy in the corner:
    "so in order to win a 4* cover, I need to have a really well covered 4* character. which I don't have."

Michael-Scott-Annoyed.gif
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well that was thoroughly disappointing.
  • Digitalman959
    Digitalman959 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    gmp72 wrote:
    Match is clearly designed for Fully loaded 4* star players transitioning to 5*

I totally agree with this. My XFW has only 6 covers and Cyke triples it in HP. I haven been able to gather enough AP to use any power which I know will barely do much damage. I wasn't expecting it to be easy but this is insane.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Great, another disappointment. 4-5 tries with my 6 covers xf wolvie and I can see if I got wildly lucky AND had boosts stacked maybe it would happen. His minimal damage murders my 131 level wolvie. What's the use of getting 4* covers if you can't get them without having well covered 4 * characters!
  • Rhythm wrote:
    Whiners gotta whine.

I miss the downvote button...

Only 9 posts and you miss the downvote? Troll much? Also, you missed my point, which is that playing properly helps tremendously with this challenge. Also, you forgot to copy/paste my suggestion of using the stacked damage boost. You're welcome.
  • I've got a 130 4/3/2 icon_wolverine.png and used a +2 black green ap, +50% black/green match damage, and +75% crit boost. I got a few lucky match 5's and got all the black/green that I could. Still barely made it out of there alive. I got a blueflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png from my token.