Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I fully expect to see IW vs BP
    I'm looking forward to Deadpool vs. MPQ in a 100-wave node
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Thanks Malcrof, as the day goes by, I am seeing more posts who beat it with an undercovered X-Force, but it took them several tries and many boosts. I'll try again later. Regardless it is still disappointing that this is what they chose to implement for 4* DDQ. Not creative or fun.

I 100% expected to see Cyc against Wolvie.. they have been at each others throats for 50 years over Jean.. the match makes sense.

As for boosting one of the most powerful 3*'s to 270.. that i cannot explain.

I fully expect to see IW vs BP (BP actually took on all 4 F4 in 1 on 1 combat, but Susan was put down so quickly that she wanted retribution) .. that will be interesting.

I agree, I expected to see Cyclops too, especially since all of Wolverine's villains are not in the game (Sabertooth, Omega Red, Silver Samurai, etc). I would have preferred a Survivor node with Cyclops at the end (not buffed to 270!).

Well next week is Nick Fury.. curious to see who they will use.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we keep with Hero rivalry theme, Thing should be VS Johnny Storm.. they fight each other more than they fight bad guys.

HB VS Hulk is a given.

KP vs DD , also should be a given.

PX vs Mags
  • ninjar69
    ninjar69 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Was able to beat it on 5th try. On 3rd i had cyk down to 468 hp.. n blam he blasts me. Xf is 3 2 3 lvl 168. Had to use boost galore. Definitely need some luck 2 beat this. Only have 2 other 4 stars that might be able 2 win. 5 5 1 NF and 3 1 4 IW. Rest of my 4 stars only have 1 or 2 covers
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    If we keep with Hero rivalry theme, Thing should be VS Johnny Storm.. they fight each other more than they fight bad guys.

HB VS Hulk is a given.

KP vs DD , also should be a given.

PX vs Mags
    thing vs torch will be similar to xf vs cyc - you can actually deny useful colors for you. kp vs dd will be tough as will px vs mags. neither of my kp or px (or really thing too) have much of a chance without team ups but denying useless colors that don't have any matching damage with them, that'll be nearly impossible.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Before I rummage through the attic, does anyone know for sure if my old "20% against X-men" boost will actually work against Cyc?
  • This also made me realize, in 444 days, I have never pulled or won an Xforce cover. icon_e_sad.gif

Did you sell the 1/1/1 covers you were given as daily rewards?
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Despite what this thread is about. This game is transitioning into pay and play (has been for some time) like many other games, same trends. It's not about transitioning into 4* or 5* it's about transitioning into a whale. If you do whale up then you'll look at your wallet occasionally and think "d*m I'm d*mb I didn't even get a CDrom". This game like many others will be whales vs whales. You have SOME skilled whales and you have the whales who probably bought their way through every game they ever played, or cheated through. This isn't a "look I found a cool game in the ap store" anymore. You beginners you having fun still?

They do give and we take. But they won't give forever we all got to make that hard choice...lmao no it isn't that hard a choice at all.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three tries with my mobile 1/2/1, the third try with boosts? Nope.

Tried it once with boosts on Steam (1/1/1). Was doing okay at denial and looked like it might be doable, if a slog. Then a cascade gave Cyclops 6 red and 3 TU and he blasted me in the face and dropped the Thor TU on my corpse as sort of a mutant teabag.

Whee.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How did that song go? "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard..."

I'm glad that after the initial outcry, people who didn't give up came forward to share their success stories. It really was tough. But it was possible with characters without full covers, which is pretty cool. Great job everyone!

(I hope the next one is easier anyway - sure most 3*s won't be as deadly as cyclop, but I am totally not looking forward to IW DAY. Or Mr F day. Or, or.... you know how it goes. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wonder who will be featured on Sunday?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How did that song go? "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard..."

I'm glad that after the initial outcry, people who didn't give up came forward to share their success stories. It really was tough. But it was possible with characters without full covers, which is pretty cool. Great job everyone!

(I hope the next one is easier anyway - sure most 3*s won't be as deadly as cyclop, but I am totally not looking forward to IW DAY. Or Mr F day. Or, or.... you know how it goes. icon_e_wink.gif

next time it'll be cage upper cutting, then jabbing us silly.
  • Philly79
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    A note to everyone regarding the absence of tu's for players...if we were allowed to use tu's people would just super whale the node making it extremely easy to get a token that you really need to "earn". The AI is granted a tu because we can use ap/dmg boosts...these are my thoughts, no official word from D3 but this would certainly make sense...
    Wasting one super whale every 5 days to get a gamble (unlike the last DDQ node that you know what you will get) doesn't seems worth even for a 4* transitioner. Don't forget it takes 10 days to get enough DP points for it.
    No. The game is about progress. That account will get there.
    Problem is that they skipped a step completely. You need near maxed 4*s to beat this node, while the regular DDQ asks for one cover 3* to get another one. And in an easy fight, 3x3, with boosts and TUs.

I should have mentioned that I have almost 200k dp points...
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One of my favorite things in this game is watching Wolvie get one-shotted by Cyclops. Not so much anymore. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Philly79
    Options

next time it'll be cage upper cutting, then jabbing us silly.

block yellow and black...this one would certainly take awhile though, huge health and that damn protect tile.....
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Wasting one super whale every 5 days to get a gamble (unlike the last DDQ node that you know what you will get) doesn't seems worth even for a 4* transitioner. Don't forget it takes 10 days to get enough DP points for it.
    well, if a 4* cover isn't worth whale pts, not sure what is. some use multiple whaled matches to complete the gauntlet for a 4* cover, even if its a 4thor yellow like this last one. what do you think would be worth it? I have 450K saved up and that sounds like 11 4* covers to me if it were allowed. sounds like an excellent use for those points to me.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    First off... look back and remember when DDQ came to us.. similar outrage happened because people did not have the required daily.. now it is arguably everyone's favorite part of MPQ, even retired folks still log in to do their DDQ.

So today happened... new 4* Req for DDQ, and yes, it is hard.. took 4 tries, but i beat it with a lvl 166 5/4/2 XFW. BUT, i know i have many coming up, that i will not be able to do.

So, like when i started my 3* transition, and was angry at not having the essential for DDQ, i turned to other means to get covers and levels to make sure i could do it daily.

To get 4*'s outside of token luck, you need 1 thing.. to have mostly completed your 3* transition..

This does not mean, hey i have 2 166's, i am done!... it should mean you have most 3*'s fully covered and lvl 140+ .. and by this point, you should have 1 or 2 almost usable 4*s.

So how do you transition?

1k in PVP, 1300 in PVP, new PVE progression.

That is a possible 3-5 4* or Tokens per week. Same rate as DDQ if not better since you get another for DDQ.. all (except the DDQ one) very doable with a beefy 3* roster.

I know, i sucked at hitting 1k just a month or so ago, and since then.. as in Blue Shift, did it in a single hop. Takes practice, and a will to do it.

As time goes on.. the 4* nodes in DDQ will seem easier and easier.. just like TBE the first time you beat it with your 2* team, vs the 3* roster you destroy it with daily now.

Post other tips if you have them!
  • gmp72 wrote:
    Match is clearly designed for Fully loaded 4* star players transitioning to 5*

This is a good point. I was going to come on here and rant about how impossible this was going to be, but you're right. This wasn't designed to help us get 4*s. I mean, that's annoying, because what's the point of a Legendary token if you don't need any 4*'s? Well, a 1-in-20 chance of a Silver Surfer, but otherwise?

I hope I'll be able to muddle my way through these. I only have two max-covered 4*s, and a handful of good ones. I tried with my wife's less powerful X-Force, and it was hopeless.

I wonder how hard the rest will be.
  • Heartburn
    Options
    This is why i don't give them money anymore, they are constantly missing the mark on each new event.

I won the token on the 6th attempt with 5/5/1 lv 180 third attempt i got him to 156 hp before he ohko'd me. the other tries i basically wasted boost due to his ridiculous cascades get enough red to get me or yellow to make red to get me.
    This addition makes me soo mad as a player now that i realize the rest of my 4* have no chance to complete this challenge been 1-5 cover s for a majority of them. i thought this was a way to catch up. i am not even staying around for the 2 year anniversary. to hell with this game. you devs are so out of touch with your player base it is not even funny. this game had so much potential but has been too much of a time time sink for very little returns. i may miss MPQ but " this too shall pass" tinykitties.
  • Philly79 wrote:
    Wonder who will be featured on Sunday?
    It's fury, on the preview thread.