4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Options

Comments

• herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is really darn tough, but doable even if you only have 7 covers (i have a 131 1-3-3). You just have to play very very very very very carefully. This really brought out the puzzle aspect of the game in a similar way to gauntlet. Sure i wiped 7 or 8 times on it (twice after getting cyc down to >3000 icon_twisted.gif ) but once I realized the key is to deny red at all costs (in addition to yellow and black, but if there is no red on the board, yellow won't really hurt you) it only became a matter of time (and healthpacks) until I won. And sure a 1-4/5 cover 4* probably won't win this one, and that does suck, it never was supposed to be easy.

Great job! Why do the players with stronger xforces than your 1\3\3 lvl 131 scream that it's impossible?

Maybe failure is just their thing. Everything is always someone else's... I mean d3's fault.

Or maybe they dont find that relying on luck is much fun?
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Realcrap wrote:

There also seems to be a bug:
    I beat the 2 DDQ token and 3* cover matches first then did the 4* match, when I finished the 4* match it said "all rewards obtained" or whatever the line is and then when I went back to do the 2 remaining DDQ matches for the ISO, it didn't give me the progression ISO awards, it made the progression going up noise, but only rewarded me the match prizes and not the 500 and 2000 ISO progression rewards.

There's only one progression at 15,000 and the four star node is worth 14,999. You probably got the 2k iso when you completed the four star node.

Ah, maybe, I didn't notice the popups for the 2 remaining ISO rewards, but I wasn't paying much attention at that point having nearly shat myself when I beat it =)
  • Willis wrote:
    I only have xforce at 3/2/2. I just simply do not have the damage output to fight him. greenflag.png is only doing a pathetic 256 damage.
    Some people beat him with WXF like yours, keep trying.
  • Decided to return to the game for a look at this new DDQ. My XForce is level 216. Beaten three times in a row, even with a green/black boost. The yellow heal is useless because on each go, Cyke killed me outright with the red.

Another example of offering the majority of players something they cannot have, and then wondering why people get angry. A game is supposed to be enjoyable, this is not.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm betting the TUs is bugged.

In EotS, Wolvie TUs are locked because hes locked. With all others locked here, their TUs are too. Since it was said TUs were allowed, I'm guessing they neglected to fix that code. Which would in turn bring whales back when fixed.

But bigger story, this was never going to be easy, or even medium difficulty. They said it'd be hard. Like 3* DDQ, it's a supplement, not a solution. Missing one token/cover every 5 days isn't going to derail the transition.
  • Im pretty sure the key component is having a decently covered surgical strike.

Match Black, break red, deal damage, gg.

Unfortunately, my x-force wolverine has 1 yellow cover, so even boosts aren't going to help.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Sage advice swimming in my head as I peruse this thread:

"Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not in the 4* transition, and I did not expect to be able to win this. I was right, my 1/1/1 was a flash in the pan.

However, when DDQ was introduced I was just picking up 3* with my 2*'s capped at 70. Beating the BigE for the first time with a team of 2*'S required boosting, but it was doable, and pushed my ISO to be able to max them all, and push for more three's.

I'm in two minds. I didn't expect to be able to use my multiple low covered 4*'s to beat anything yet. But There has to be a happy medium where it is doable with semi covered boosted or fully covered unboosted.

After reading this thread I would think it needs a little tuning
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With a level 217 5/5/1 XFW and boosts, I was able to beat it on the fourth try with a combination of a lucky board and good AI luck.

I found it more frustrating than fun. I am now pumping all the ISO I can get into Fury in the hopes that I *might* be able to beat the next one, and gave up all hope of beating the node with my other 4*'s.

I would like to see the node drop to, say, 200 or so. And either allow team-ups or don't; the one sided rules just seem hurtful.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm betting the TUs is bugged.

In EotS, Wolvie TUs are locked because hes locked. With all others locked here, their TUs are too. Since it was said TUs were allowed, I'm guessing they neglected to fix that code. Which would in turn bring whales back when fixed.

But bigger story, this was never going to be easy, or even medium difficulty. They said it'd be hard. Like 3* DDQ, it's a supplement, not a solution. Missing one token/cover every 5 days isn't going to derail the transition.
    that sounds like it could be true. honestly, team ups would have helped tremendously. but, kinda hard to collect team ups, especially 14 (for whales), when you have to deny deny deny to stay alive long enough to do anything. really hope the team up thing is a bug like you say. I just wish they'd comment on it - bug or intended. I'm sure they're collecting data to consider going forward and personally I'd trade some boosts and health packs to take my data off the pile since my opening match-5 led to a first try win.
  • Even devs recognized that a 4* needs 8-10 covers to be better than a maxed 3*. Why not just put a 166 instead of a 270?
  • I'm betting the TUs is bugged.

I am hoping we can't use teamups. This is supposed to be a 1v1 battle.

With that said, the opponent shouldn't get them either!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    My thing is: you could have every three star maxed and that will do nothing to help your four star transition in DDQ.

Exactly. It is like they completely forgot about that level. There are 1* tokens with a moderate chance of 2* (and slim 3*). There are 2* tokens with a moderate chance of 3* (and slim 4*).

But, now we have 4* tokens with a moderate chance of 5*? Didn't you skip a step? DDQ is great for getting 3*s finished, but not getting 4*s to a point of usefulness. And with 221 covers in 4* land to get to complete the set, with likely more to come, one relatively easy 4* a week didn't seem like that much to ask.

This clearly helps the whales advance. And I have no problem with whales. But whales need plankton (lower level characters to beat up on). D3 is dangerously close to setting up an environment where 3* rosters can't compete. I'm already not a fan of my 3* team getting matched against a slew of Jean Greys and Hulkbusters. This will just speed up the time before my 3*s will be fighting Silver Surfers, and not really help transition my own team to 4* usability.

Once your plankton give up, your whales will have no reason to shell out.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* DDQ can be obtained with 2*'s though. This can't be obtained with 3*'s....sounds like it will be super hard if you don't have about 10 covers (around level 200?).

I mentioned in one of these threads something about the speed. 3* rosters can get legendary tokens a little faster than one per week through PVE. Why should it be that you need -all- the 4*'s at -very- high levels to get one legendary token per week in DDQ? Seems a little....stingy.

Why DDQ was fun while I was still 3* transitioning is it was relatively easy to get rewards you needed. The game has moved on to 4* - and both vaults and the Legendary token nodes make it very difficult to get any reward you need.
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    M C K wrote:
    Sage advice swimming in my head as I peruse this thread:

"Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson

This didn't just suck. It REALLY sucked. It was the suckiest bunch of suck to ever suck...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only read a couple pages. But I'm hopeful these 4* boss battles will teach players how to play better. This game really hasn't had a real boss battle before. Beat a boss in a older Puzzle Quest game and you'll understand better.

You absolutely have to deny the boss's colors. For Cyclops, you basically have a timer. Stop him from getting 10 red and 13 black at all costs. Your colors are a far, far secondary priority. This means not only taking red/black matches, but looking at what the new board state will be, to make sure no red/black matches will be available. And I know you can't predict the 3 tiles that will drop, but are there 2 red or black tiles lined up near the drop? That's bad too.

Yellow is easier to manage, as you can look at the team-up tiles before he uses it and see if it's going to make any red matches available. If it will, try to move the board so those matches won't be there. If you get Surgical Strike off, you don't have to worry about red/yellow anymore.

Denying's more important than getting your own colors. It always has been. If that means taking a bunch of blue/pink matches, then so be it. Defense wins championships.
  • Willis
    Options
    I give up. The only way I'm pulling this off is with sheer dumb luck. I just don't have a strong enough xforce and I'm getting 1 shotted by his red and black. It doesn't matter how much I deny those colors if I get unlucky. Lowest I've gotten him is 8,600 and that's after using both black and green several times. It's just not happening for me.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Changing the title of this topic really alters the message players are trying to send to the devs.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    I give up. The only way I'm pulling this off is with sheer dumb luck. I just don't have a strong enough xforce and I'm getting 1 shotted by his red and black. It doesn't matter how much I deny those colors if I get unlucky. Lowest I've gotten him is 8,600 and that's after using both black and green several times. It's just not happening for me.

Same. I just tried the "ignore my own colors deny him his" and it works, but only to a point. He gets his TU points and thors me then it goes to heck after that.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    lymang wrote:
    Willis wrote:

Same. I just tried the "ignore my own colors deny him his" and it works, but only to a point. He gets his TU points and thors me then it goes to heck after that.
    You share black though. So after he fires his TU you fire your black to negate it.