M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    It's fury, on the preview thread.
    Well, there's no Watcher in game, so who's Fury up against? icon_cool.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every 5 days, I'm gonna have to figure in healthpack usage. Wasn't too hard juggling PVE and PVP with healthpacks, but never figured I'd be adding a Deadpool's Daily node into the equation. I did beat it on my 2nd try with my 160 5/5/3, but it was a lot more difficult than I imagined it would be.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Wasting one super whale every 5 days to get a gamble (unlike the last DDQ node that you know what you will get) doesn't seems worth even for a 4* transitioner. Don't forget it takes 10 days to get enough DP points for it.
    well, if a 4* cover isn't worth whale pts, not sure what is. some use multiple whaled matches to complete the gauntlet for a 4* cover, even if its a 4thor yellow like this last one. what do you think would be worth it? I have 450K saved up and that sounds like 11 4* covers to me if it were allowed. sounds like an excellent use for those points to me.

You can't take Deadpool into the match though
  • MojoWild
    Options
    My thing is: you could have every three star maxed and that will do nothing to help your four star transition in DDQ.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I've made it with my lvl 135 Wolverine (5/4/2), without boosts, first try. It was definitely a tough fight, I should've looked for every match and possible negative cascades, but it was lucky board with single red tile from the beginning. Denying yellow/black and keeping SS for occasional Cyclops Mutant Revolutionary made the match. Though, idk what will I do next with my other four-stars at 7 covers max (not to say about bunch of single covers).
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is really darn tough, but doable even if you only have 7 covers (i have a 131 1-3-3). You just have to play very very very very very carefully. This really brought out the puzzle aspect of the game in a similar way to gauntlet. Sure i wiped 7 or 8 times on it (twice after getting cyc down to >3000 icon_twisted.gif ) but once I realized the key is to deny red at all costs (in addition to yellow and black, but if there is no red on the board, yellow won't really hurt you) it only became a matter of time (and healthpacks) until I won. And sure a 1-4/5 cover 4* probably won't win this one, and that does suck, it never was supposed to be easy.

Great job! Why do the players with stronger xforces than your 1\3\3 lvl 131 scream that it's impossible?

Maybe failure is just their thing. Everything is always someone else's... I mean d3's fault.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    My thing is: you could have every three star maxed and that will do nothing to help your four star transition in DDQ.
    You can have every two star maxed and that will do nothing to help your three star transition in DDQ.

Shocking, but just as true now as it was 7 months ago when DDQ was born.
    But all you need is one cover for said 3* and not 10+. And even if it needed, 3*s come way faster than 4*s.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:

You can have every two star maxed and that will do nothing to help your three star transition in DDQ.

Actually many people regularly complete the DDQ with two star rosters. Probably couldn't if you could only use one selected two star though.

To add, you have a shot at picking up the 3 star with one or two taco tokens.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't beaten it with in 8 tries, fully boosted, with a level 140 3/3/5 XFW.

I have all 3s except Doc Ock fully covered, as well as all 4s between 4 and 11 covers.

I get 1k in every PVP in the last two seasons and top 10 every PVE.

I'm basically the model for a 3-4 transitioner. And I can't get the token in an event announced specifically to help me transition.

I'ld rather go beat some goon-fed Juggs and Ares than do this again.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:

Actually many people regularly complete the DDQ with two star rosters [and at least one cover of that day's 3* feature]. Probably couldn't if you could only use one selected two star though.

To add, you have a shot at picking up the 3 star with one or two taco tokens.

There ya go!

I never said you didn't need the 3 star. But you could still complete it with two stars and one cover of the essential character.

This is called transition.
  • After a year of playing, I just registered an account to say, "this isn't great."

Tried 10 or so times with my 3/2/1, came close once. None of the other attempts were even in the realm of competitive. eXtreme wolverine is the most competent 4 star I have. Like I said, been playing for a year, and I can't complete any of these outside of dumb luck. I don't know how long it'd take me to be able to do these, but it's probably longer than I'm willing to play for very little progress.

Do I want a free 4 star every 5 days? Umm, kinda? The allure of these games is the treadmill. Pumping iso into ever more inconsequential 3 stars was already getting old. I was looking forward to doing it all over again with 4 stars. I'm not now. The goal seems too far away or way more effort than I, or really anyone, should spend on superhero bejeweled.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DDQ was met with near universal praise for how it improved the game and helped players with their progression.

You need only a single cover to get all your rewards for the traditional DDQ, but with this new match having a 4-5 covered character doesn't seem to be enough for most players.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yeah this is a joke
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My concern is how possible these fights will be when the featured character doesn't have a power that takes all of the enemy's most needed color off the board at one cover...

My concern is, how can I beat anyone with 'Mr Invisibility' Professor X, or my no red FaclCap, who only puts out defence tiles and buffs them? Without any offence, this is a pretty much impossible challenge.

For the record, my 2-3-5, level 200 Wolvie took ~10 attempts to win, in part due to a couple of ridiculous red cascades the AI got. Success, but at what cost?

... A massive stack of buffs...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adding The Legends response to this thread.
    5/5/3 XFW lvl 120. Took 2 tries but I did it using +2 G/K and +2 All AP boosts along with +120% All colour match damage.

Deny yellow, black and, red. This will get you your black and yellow AP. Get green when it is safe to do so. Hold Surgical Strike until he uses Mutant Revolutionary. Use your heal as soon and as often as possible.

Different strategies will be needed for different fights, so that is what we need!
  • 90% of the issue with this event would be solved if they allowed us to choose the character we take into the fight. Even if they restrict the choices to only 4* characters.

I realize that the constraint is part of the difficulty, but an unlucky restriction makes it uncompletable for a whole lot of folks, which I doubt is their intention.

Let us choose.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    That was pretty horrible, but I super duper lucked out after a couple of tries and got a setup where he never got enough red, would have lost if I hadn't used full match damage boosts.

Level 120 3-2-5 X-force
    0ySoNtE.jpg

V5SvAXC.jpg
    CtCusQf.jpg

That was my most viable 4* (I might have more covers in invisible woman hah!), and I doubt I could repeat even that win if I tried again 100 times as it was 99% luck at there just not being enough red and yellow matches on the board until the very end. Basically any match where he got to use any ability meant I lost, that always happened in less than 10 turns.

The token reward for the curious:
    wiY1Pez.jpg
    APuxA8W.jpg

There also seems to be a bug:
    I beat the 2 DDQ token and 3* cover matches first then did the 4* match, when I finished the 4* match it said "all rewards obtained" or whatever the line is and then when I went back to do the 2 remaining DDQ matches for the ISO, it didn't give me the progression ISO awards, it made the progression going up noise, but only rewarded me the match prizes and not the 500 and 2000 ISO progression rewards.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I just tried again with my 1/1/4 xf wolverine (level 135) and bought some boosts with ISO and I think, if Cyc did not do anything but tile matches it MIGHT work, if I was lucky and got the right cascades. Unfortunately his tile matches alone were enough to bring me to almost dead(I even had a recovery with 1 countdown left) and there is just no way to deny him everything, plus he has that TU. game over, nice try. My nick fury is also 6 covers. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Willis
    Options
    I only have xforce at 3/2/2. I just simply do not have the damage output to fight him. greenflag.png is only doing a pathetic 256 damage.
  • MojoWild
    Options
    Realcrap wrote:

There also seems to be a bug:
    I beat the 2 DDQ token and 3* cover matches first then did the 4* match, when I finished the 4* match it said "all rewards obtained" or whatever the line is and then when I went back to do the 2 remaining DDQ matches for the ISO, it didn't give me the progression ISO awards, it made the progression going up noise, but only rewarded me the match prizes and not the 500 and 2000 ISO progression rewards.

There's only one progression at 15,000 and the four star node is worth 14,999. You probably got the 2k iso when you completed the four star node.