4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• djvkool
    Options
    If you blokes with lvl166 are having issue, imagine me with lvl131 3/1/2 XF

10 tries yesterday and all failed, the best I got to was getting Cyclops down to about 8k health - even if I deny him his colours, the match-damage alone is enough to kill me eventually

My highest 4* is Fury with 4/3/0 and lvl145, eventually when it comes to his turn, at least I can stun and trap, with some luck should be able to win
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is simple guys! Just get a good board and a bunch of lucky cascades! That's all!

Hasn't worked for me yet. Every match 3 I make leads to magical cascades for cyclops.
  • djvkool
    Options
    Well, Nick Fury is next I believe, and let's hope the opponent will be...lvl270 Loki
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Okay, I did it... with the megabuffing (100% damage, +2 g/b, +2 all) suggested above. Still took 2 tries....

What a PITA, though. Geez louise....

This is the exact advice I used (thanks Jamie Madrox!). My X-Force is 4-3-2 at level 140. It took 4 tries although the first one doesn't really count, didn't even use a boost.

Fired off his green power 3 times, used his black once when Cyclops had 9 red. Never got a chance to use the yellow heal. Had about 500hp left when it was done. All I can say is you're highly dependent on a good board, cascades, and luck.

My legendary token pulled a purple Kingpin, my 8th one-cover 4* icon_e_confused.gif
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My X-Force Wolvie is 111. Haven't won this one. I depleted all my boosts... no luck. (Good job D3, on making do such a thing. Pretty cheap thing to do tho IMO.) After 20 matches, no cascading tiles in my favor... I haven't had a critical tile in the last 5 battles.

I guess, my Wolvie is in this grey area where he can go a few turns, but with no back up other than the boosts, he's ultimately done for. I doubt I can win this without any boosts. If there were anytime I wished D3 didn't nerf Wolvie it would have been today. LOL. At least give XF Wolvie a boost or something.

My Wolvie is 2 greenflag.png 1 blackflag.png 2 yellowflag.png

The lowest I had Cyclops is 3k.

Didn't even have this much trouble, in my newbie days, fighting a boosted Juggernaut.

Don't know what else to do. Tiles are so random and unpredictable. Strategy only goes so far. Plus, 270 vs 111, is obviously a Deadly Battle. But I want a Legendary Token soooo bad. I haven't gotten one at all since it came out.

Frustration has set in. Definitely "Not an Epic Conclusion... it's more of a Bloodbath."

My Advice: If you have less than 6 covers of a certain 4* character. You will lose quite a bit.
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dit it!! It took just 23 attemps with a 2/3/5 174 Wolvie. Used no buffs cos I was out of them, no huge cascade either. I was lucky with the board and, when he was down to 5K hps , I got a 5 black match that gave me the APs to clear red tiles with Surgical Strike just before a Mutant Revolution. In the end I won matching one of my own recovery tile. Got a Kingping cover out of the legendary token.

Minutes after that I opened an heroic token and got a black Cyclops cover, there is definitely some poetry in this.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After 30+ tries, closest i got was Cyke down to 1735.
    This was with a lvl 111 (1/2/2) XFW, unfortunately at that point i ran out of 20% All damage and had to restort to buying 10% B/G damage. Just needed 1 black for that final SS and spent 3 turns in a vain search before the inevitable magic reds. At a higher lvl it would be easier.

It's doable but it based purely on luck until you get to big boy lvls.
    +ve point. Found out that boosts are only 100 ISO to buy, so i should use them more.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is an absolute joke. I understood it would be challenge but you basically need a fully covered 4* to beat this which completely defeats the purpose of winning a Legendary token. Most players only have X-Force as their most covered, myself included with a 4/2/2 build.

The 4* token if for a random 4 or 5*, not a guaranteed Wolverine token. So I don't know what purpose you fin in this that is 'completely defeated'. I quite appreciated getting a different 4* cover from my maxed Wolverine.
  • djvkool wrote:
    If you blokes with lvl166 are having issue, imagine me with lvl131 3/1/2 XF

10 tries yesterday and all failed, the best I got to was getting Cyclops down to about 8k health - even if I deny him his colours, the match-damage alone is enough to kill me eventually

My highest 4* is Fury with 4/3/0 and lvl145, eventually when it comes to his turn, at least I can stun and trap, with some luck should be able to win
    Don't forget ice said a handful lv70s beat it. Including a guy with 011 lv74 WXF. So...
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I am sad to report the unsurprising news that my 6 cover xf wolverine level 135 was unable to complete the fight. One particularly close attempt around my bedtime last night I had full health, several boosts to damage, and had been successfully denying almost everything, Cyc was down to 2043 health. Then a minor cascade happened and he one shotted me with optic blast. icon_e_sad.gif a lot of people are angry, mad, whatever. Me - I'm just sad. I tried around 30 times and even at my best just one drop and that was it. Game over. That's not fun and clearly I misinterpreted what was intended by this new event. It's easier to get 4 * covers this way but only if you already HAVE 4* covers of sufficient strength. That's a shame I was really looking forward to trying to boost some of my very weak 4 stars. Fury, IW, devil dinosaur, elektra, and poor xf wolverine are my best 4* and IW has 8 covers. None of the others have more than 6 which is obviously inadequate unless the stars align cosmically and RNG gods smile. Which they didn't in 30ish attempts.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Update...

So on lap #2 (my wife was unsuccessful) I have a different result.

Her play-style is different, and she has no boosts, nor ISO to buy them available. So I was squaring off completely naked.

Her XForce is leveled to 154 with:
    yellowflag.png 2
    greenflag.png 3
    blackflag.png 3

Closest I came (over 11 matches...) was one black AP shy of winning... I knew Cyclops was charged for Optic Blast on his turn, and I could not find any way to prevent it... both of us were under 1000 health. :-/

I hope they tweak it down substantially. I think XForce is likely all of our highest covered 4* for transition players (mainly because of his age, and #played rewards). Looking at the rest of my roster, I have no hope in the Fury one... or whatever is faced off with IW (I think GSBW? that would be cool to see... icon_e_biggrin.gif)