4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Options

Comments

• Thank you developer s. We wanted something new .

You gave new

Now let's revisit the request and make it playable?.

This round should be "thank you for the donation"
  • I don't know what to think about what I'm seeing.
    Screenshot_2015_09_15_08_55_27.png

Screenshot_2015_09_15_09_06_53.png

This guys has a 011 WXF lv74 and 18981 score on the board. This means he beat the WXF node because the sum of all other nodes is exactly 15k right? This is the score after beating WXF node plus the essential 3* node.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    xequalsy wrote:
    I don't think people with 2/2/1 or worse etc... were expecting free wins, but people who have 7/8/9ish covers, were expecting to be able to at least have a good shot at beating the node (without requiring massive cascades etc...), since Ice had mentioned how he was able to do so with those. I was wrong to expect it I guess (I personally really need the fifth black I think, to have a good shot at it), but do keep in mind most of this thread I'd expect are just venting icon_e_wink.gif

Given that you need over 200 covers for all the 4*'s would a free'ish cover a week from this really be all that bad a thing anyway now that the target is shifting to the new 5* tier? If you were intending to gear up just using it then it would take you nearly five years with perfect draws and no new characters. icon_e_biggrin.gif

This thing should have probably been a variation on the other DDQ battles, limit people to 3* max and fight a team of 3x 4* or 4* and two henchmen.
  • Just want to add my dissapointment at this, been really loking forward to challenging myself against this even though i knew it would probably be beyond me at the moment i like to push myself but this is just impossible and really not worth the effort trying

Waves would have been better, I found the ant-man waves really really hard and wiped on them mulitple times but with perseverance and tactics i got through it - that's the sort of challenge I was hoping for here but actualy this is not a challenge at all - you can either complete it because you have the right amount of covers or you can't because you haen't.

May aswell just hand out a token to everyone who has x amount of covers on the required 4*, save everyone time
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a level 209 4/2/4 x-force and beat cyclops on my second try. I know I'm lucky, but I just played keep away and hoped against all hope that he didn't fire any of his abilities, since even at 209, either red or black powers one-shot killed me.

I get that there is supposed to be a story behind your opponent and it is supposed to be a duel between the two characters, but having them at level 270 seems ridiculous. Required a specific 4* even more ridiculous, and allowing the AI to have team-ups goes completely against the one-on-one claim. Either everyone gets team-ups, or nobody gets team-ups.

Also, still **** that x-force's black power does not trigger the yellow damage counter. If he slashes it, he should do the extra damage!
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    edited September 2015
    Options
    12th time lucky I guess! icon_e_smile.gif

Level 172 XFW, 1/4/3

Went in with G/B +2 boost, G/B and rainbow match damage boosts. Was lucky enough to get a cascade to get enough black for 2 casts of Surgical - the second time was right after Cyke used yellow. It was close though, he only needed one match 3 red to result from his yellow, which luckily didn't happen.

EDIT: Welp, dunno what I was expecting, but definitely not a Star Lord yellowflag.png . icon_mad.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Xforce 2/2/2 lasted about 2 minutes, even with boosts. icon_lol.gif I matched blacks to try and slow him down, he just matched yellows then fired red at me and I was dead.

Absolutely pointless event.
  • Data point:
    248 WolvX got it in one try. Stumbled early and recovered with a Recovery mid-battle. That was tense.

It seems they might allow 4Star team-ups. I don't think I had any.

I don't they designed this for the rich to get richer, simply because you don't have to. The rich get richer by default. It's why we call them rich. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This also made me realize, in 444 days, I have never pulled or won an Xforce cover. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it on my first try without any boosts. Got very lucky though with an early yellow match-5, plenty of green and very little red on the board. I was able to keep yellow and black away from Cyke too.
    Token gave me a Kingpin black, so that increases my chances of beating Daredevil when that day comes. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Zed Tzu wrote:
    Data point:
    248 WolvX got it in one try. Stumbled early and recovered with a Recovery mid-battle. That was tense.

I don't they designed this for the rich to get richer, simply because you don't have to. The rich get richer by default. It's why we call them rich. icon_e_smile.gif
    I have fury team ups, couldn't use them.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zed Tzu wrote:
    I have plenty. They are locked out too.
  • This is another fundamental shift in the game economy. The Deadpool daily itself was the biggest shift. After that was adding 4* required characters in PVE. Now, with this seemingly relatively innocuous addition, the economy will shift again. We're all too concerned with complaining about how unbalanced or unfair the event is without looking beyond the event. The rich will get richer. The poor will get poorer. If you haven't already put $500 into the game to max out your 4* array, or massively cheated your way to the top, you will now lose a little more ground every day to those who have. I've played every day for 400 days - and a lot more time than I should have played - but this may be the beginning of the end for me. The game is already completely inaccessible to anyone new, but this will make it worse even for those already here.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only took 2 tries to beat Cyclops. After the first attempt, all I did was deny him red. If no red matches were on the board I took black matches first then green. My Wolvie is 5/5/3. I tried using his heal ability but every time the 3 round yellow tile hit the board, Cyclops blew it up. Got an Ant cover from the token /sigh.
  • JamesV
    JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Beat it on the third try with my 355 229 (lord to have more iso) Wolvie.

I don't mind difficult fights or not being able to complete with some of my less covered 4 stars. If push comes to shove I don't really even mind not being able to use team ups (though reducing one tile on the board to basically be dead weight for you is eeeeeh), but maaaaaaaaaaaan do I hate fights that are just brute force from the opponent. I was really interested in the 1 v 1 match up aspect and thematically Cyclops v Wolverine is strong. But in practice its uninteresting because of the way the characters scale. One early bad cascade and Cyke is one shot-ing Wolverine. At that point might as well just make all the fights against 270 Juggernauts or Ares.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the comments on the facebook page are just as angry as here.

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/posts_to_page

as previously stated, it should be hard, but this is way too far and needs to be fixed immediately.

allow TUs and scale back the boost.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zed Tzu wrote:
    Data point:

I had a devil dinosaur team-up that I was not allowed to use...
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did it on the second try with my 4/5/3 level 250 X-Force. Didn't use any boosts. Denied red whenever black wasn't available, grabbed the black when it was. Got off a Surgical Strike and two X-Forces. The last few turns, Cyclops was one match away from charging either red or black, but had a brain fart and chose to match yellow instead. Managed to down him with the second X-Force before he could see (Get it?) the error of his ways.

Pulled a yellow Prof X from the token, so there's that. He's now 1/1/3, so I suspect I'll get squashed when it's his turn. The only other characters I expect I'll have a chance with are IW (4/3/5), Fury (2/5/5), and Lady Thor (3/4/4).
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    Beaten with: 4/3/1 XFW, levelled to 158 (would have gone higher but totally ran out of ISO-8). +2 black green, +2 all colour, +100% match boost.

Rather than focus on getting AP I wanted, just hardcore deny red/black, and matching anything so that TUs were not next to each other, negating his yellow. Thor TU was used but it's not very strong and didn't cause extra matches thankfully.

Little bit of a lucky board but nothing spectacular, finished with 1.3k health. Oh, and it took 10 attempts.

Good luck everyone still trying. Token was Elektra purple.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Zed Tzu wrote:

nope. Had a few JG tu and couldn't load them before the match.