4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Options

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My poor Wolvie is 1-2-2, but I managed on the first go. Rainbow damage boost, BG damage boost, BG ap boost plus some lucky cascades made it a piece of cake.
    It was close though: when he died he had 12 red. One more turn and I'd be dead.
    Have no idea how I wilk grind future **** ddqs.

Mine is 2-2-2 and I tried the same. Was dealing roughly 500 damage per match 3s, but even at that rate I'll need to last 30 turns (less if there are match 4s/5s). Still not enough to deny both red and black, either of which will one shot me.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I'm wondering what kind of sorcery Ice used to beat this with his live roster. Without TUs.

He said TUs were available when he tested it out, but that they might change their minds on that before going live. CLEARLY.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Professor vs Magneto sounds legit, but both Sue and Prof have a great weapon against single-target super bombs: invisibility. I'm afraid we'll be paired against aoe guys there.
    It will be very interesting to see who they choose as Professor X's nemesis, considering that without any teammates or teamups his yellow will be completely useless. Invisibility might keep him safe, but he'll have nothing to buff. You'll have to hope for many lucky match-5s and an ample supply of purple so you can stay invisible.
  • Maybe they can add a Donald Trump character that costs $400,000 to cover, and require him for every node in PvE, PvP, and DPD. Well done MPQ
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the most exciting thread since.... THE true healing (tm) thread.

Ah, those were the days.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if they decided to nix teamups to prevent people from whaling the node?
    If so, I suggest allowing teamups but locking Whales out specifically. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
  • Voltroc
    Options
    Seriously, what happened to the concept of DDQ helping with transitioning to the next tier of play? This is just ****. The rest of the nodes can be completed with a middle-covered team, but it can be rough going and some wipes do happen. This is just impossible unless you have a nearly max covered AND leveled character. So frustrating and disappointing. I don't want a free token every week, but I would REALLY appreciate an actual shot at it. This is pretty much just a maxed 4* roster's transition to 5* and completely skipped the 4* transition. Awesome guys, awesome.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Must've just played it 10-12 times, got close the first time, down to about 2000 health with no strategy. Every other time he managed to cascade into all the black and reds before I could even get off a surgical strike.

My only chance would be waiting until Cyc uses his yellow and surgical striking, but not been able to get close to doing that.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    This seems like the antithesis of what 3* DDQ is.... quite sad.

A few months ago I was about to let the game go as I had a bunch of grossly undercovered 3 *. The game kept adding 3* and there was no end in sight. DDQ is the only reason that kept me in the game. A tough fight but one I could win with my fully developed 2* roster.

Now I'm almost on the same situation one star above. My 3* roster will be finished in the next six month and my 4* star roster is grossly undercovered. The games keeps adding 4* and there's no end in sight. This time DDQ isn't aimed at me and my grossly undercovered 4*.

I'm not sure the complimentary PVE token will be enough to keep me in the game.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    This is the most exciting thread since.... THE true healing (tm) thread.

Ah, those were the days.

"and for money"

"this too will pass"
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ammenell wrote:
    Ardom wrote:
    [...]
    Maybe I'll stop considering giving them money and just make a sandboxed account. Win-win. Can't bother respecting their player base, get no money from me.
    what is a sandboxed account?

When a cheating account is caught, it gets sandboxed. They can apparently still play all aspects of the game. Downsides are you can't be in an alliance. Upside is you don't get attacked in PvP and you don't hurt anyone's score. So all things considered, it sounds pretty nice.
  • Screenshot_2015_09_15_07_59_33.png

LOL best AI 1st Turn ever? We need to make a contest.
  • yogi_
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! I GOT IT FIRST GO!!!

2* Hawkeye managed to get Speed Shot off a couple of times, 2* Storm helped with stun and 2* Magneto helped with purple.

Oh wait...
  • Tahroo
    Tahroo Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thought this was supposed to be helping players with 3*'s get into 4*'s? Poorly thought out in it's current form because only people who have 4*'s can complete it, thus making it redundant coding. Well done.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    This thing has been live for an hour and already there are 60 posts on this thread. Awesome. Keep the snarl coming, it's deserved...haha.
  • xequalsy
    Options
    Well, I used up all my health packs, and most of my boosts trying this. The closest I got was down to ~2k health, but that was with a couple of nice green/yellow match 5s. I was 1 black away from a fatal surgical, but he also cascaded into 13 black, so that failed. Will give it a go using rainbow and g/b match damage boosts later, but I don't have that many rainbow match damage boosts, so will have to hope for a good board the first few games.

Will cool off and give it a shot again later. A bit annoyed right now.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! I GOT IT FIRST GO!!!

2* Hawkeye managed to get Speed Shot off a couple of times, 2* Storm helped with stun and 2* Magneto helped with purple.

Oh wait...

My Tank/1*Spidey/Venom team would last longer and give me a better chance.

Are people max rainbow boosting damage (100%)?

Be good if people put up what lvl/cvr their Xforce they are running with.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "We're going to be making it easier to get 4* covers!.....as long as you have fully covered and leveled 4* characters"

The 4* node is designed in such a way that if the average player were able to beat it, they wouldn't actually need it.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Seriously people, just stop playing it.

Don't waste your time, energy, effort, mental stamina or boosts.

Ok, play once just so you can say you have been through the agony!
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    lvl 201 xforce (5/3/3). 10 health packs + all boosts = **** everytime.
    Yeah, that was fun. icon_mad.gif