4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! I GOT IT FIRST GO!!!

2* Hawkeye managed to get Speed Shot off a couple of times, 2* Storm helped with stun and 2* Magneto helped with purple.

Oh wait...

My Tank/1*Spidey/Venom team would last longer and give me a better chance.

Are people max rainbow boosting damage (100%)?

Be good if people put up what lvl/cvr their Xforce they are running with.

3/5/5 level 166 x-force. Boosted +2black/green, +2 all, 100% damage. i think i got lucky to beat a level 270 cyclops.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I'd almost prefer if this came up instead.

oYC5umk.gif
  • 4 tries. 5/3/5 XFW lvl 185.

Legendary yielded blue HB, the very last one i needed.

Thanks D3!
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was easy. Breezed right through it. Wish this game had harder challenges.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    My X-Force is a level 155 4/3/2. Used 5 healthpacks trying to see if I could do it without boosts. Scrapped that plan. It took two tries using full match damage, full green/black damage, and +2 green/black AP to finally beat it.

And I got a Yellow Starlord.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! I GOT IT FIRST GO!!!

2* Hawkeye managed to get Speed Shot off a couple of times, 2* Storm helped with stun and 2* Magneto helped with purple.

Oh wait...

My Tank/1*Spidey/Venom team would last longer and give me a better chance.
    Good advice. Will try it in a few minutes once Patch finishes healing - he might have more of a chance. Gotta be careful of those purples though. NOW I wish I had 5 Red!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    And they once talked about trying to phase boosts out of the game.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    "We're going to be making it easier to get 4* covers!.....as long as you have fully covered and leveled 4* characters"

The 4* node is designed in such a way that if the average player were able to beat it, they wouldn't actually need it.

I have to agree with this. Took me 3 tries with lv 150 3/3/1 xforce to beat that level. It's **** how difficult that level was. You either need to have a close to maxed 4* or incredibly dumb luck, which I had. D3 should lower the level and allow TUs for the players.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    yogi_ wrote:
    Ok, play once just so you can say you have been through the agony!

The first time I clicked on it the game crashed. I guess that's a sign icon_e_smile.gif .
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    People stop complaining about how your 3 covered xforce isn't gonna get you a free win. This is meant to be for players already in the 4* transition, not people just starting it. There's maybe 3 or 4 characters that I MIGHT be able to do after today. And that's fine with me. I knew this wasn't gonna be a free cover every 5 days. Today's my best chance at a cover since I do have him cover maxed and level 200 but I'm not gonna complain when my kingpin level 94 at 0/2/1 can't beat daredevil...stop acting entitled.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, it is designed to do exactly what DDQ has always done for 3* players—help them cover 3* characters they already have started—but now for 4* players. This is intended to help those with a toehold in 4* land get additional 4* covers.

I beat the new node on the third attempt. XF is 553 lvl 224. Sitting on my first Legendary. Want to push the button soooooo bad. I think I'll save up for awhile, tho.

A 5/5/5 270 3* opponent takes more than a "toehold" to beat without teamups, though. It takes a character with at least one maxed-out nuke attack or a way to completely null incoming damage.
  • Made an account just to say this.

What a disappointment! I was looking so forward to being able to have a way to access more 4*s and build my roster. Instead, I see this is just a way for the rich to get richer. I'm fine with a challenge, but the fact this REQUIRES a certain 4* character and you can ONLY use that character is just dumb.

I never rank high enough in PvP to get anything of worth because everyone with maxed 4*s dominates. PvE is a **** shoot to get #1 (I have a life). This game caters to those who spend buckets of money on cover packs and ISO and it's just sad to see the events themselves catering to them as well. The people who will be able to complete these events on a weekly basis aren't going to actually need more 4*s, so what is the point?!

How about making it scale, or at least power up our 4*s. Maybe even let us use ONLY 4*s, but can use a full team of them?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took 3 tries with no boosts maxed 5/5/3 Xforce. First try the board was red and the AI managed to get 20+ red before I could get a move off. Second the AI managed to first strike and that was basically enough. Third try AI was at 8 red and 10 black when I managed to get a surgical off with a mostly red board (i.e. two turns away from losing). Xforce would probably struggle against a 166 Cyclops considering how badly he was nerfed.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Tahroo wrote:
    Thought this was supposed to be helping players with 3*'s get into 4*'s? Poorly thought out in it's current form because only people who have 4*'s can complete it, thus making it redundant coding. Well done.

No, it is designed to do exactly what DDQ has always done for 3* players—help them cover 3* characters they already have started—but now for 4* players. This is intended to help those with a toehold in 4* land get additional 4* covers.

I beat the new node on the third attempt. XF is 553 lvl 224. Sitting on my first Legendary. Want to push the button soooooo bad. I think I'll save up for awhile, tho.

Eh? I have 4-7 covers in a few 4*. I'd say I have a foothold in 4* land. I cannot beat the node..

Whereas needing 1 cover of a 3* allows you to beat the big enchilada with a 2* team. This is not even remotely close to the being the same thing. Is this a hard fact to grasp. The devs seem to have missed it too..
  • Tahroo wrote:
    Thought this was supposed to be helping players with 3*'s get into 4*'s? Poorly thought out in it's current form because only people who have 4*'s can complete it, thus making it redundant coding. Well done.

Usually your posts are on point. But the comparison seems incorrect here. With a single 3* cover, a 2* player can complete every node of DDQ. Just one cover. This node is nothing like that at all. If the requirements to beat it are that you are already in a place where the rewards don't mean much to you, then how is that helping a transitioning player? A more truthful statement is that, as is, this has more impact on the 5* transition. And we all may just have to accept that is how the devs want it and adapt to that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, 3 tries with my maxed 5/5/3 XF here too, no boosts used.

Pulled a blue JG, so I call that a win.

Yes, I won't be able to beat that with my now 2/2/2 JG. I don't expect this to be beatable by everyone.
    Not everything in this game has to be a gimme.
  • So I pulled two SS while the AI used it's TU, a couple yellows and still not enough red.

Screenshot_2015_09_15_08_18_21.png

The second SS was after his yellow when he got 9 red ap, plenty of red on the board so it did hurt. Finished with a green.

Full red/yellow and green/black damage boosts and +2 green/black ap, 11 packs used.

445 lv115 WXF, can't see me doing it again with anyone else besides HB from now on.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    I had orginally typed a longer post acknowledging the need to avoid devaluing 4*s and how making it difficult made us all better players, but reflecting on the giant black middle fingers that Cyclops cascade into again and again full blasted away my ability to look on the bright side of this development. Now I just get to sit here and read bitter posts from people like me, "get on my lvl/learn to play" posts from whales and try-hards, and silence from d3 as Ice and the other CMs try to calm the playerbase.
  • MajinDavid wrote:
    People stop complaining about how your 3 covered xforce isn't gonna get you a free win. This is meant to be for players already in the 4* transition, not people just starting it. There's maybe 3 or 4 characters that I MIGHT be able to do after today. And that's fine with me. I knew this wasn't gonna be a free cover every 5 days. Today's my best chance at a cover since I do have him cover maxed and level 200 but I'm not gonna complain when my kingpin level 94 at 0/2/1 can't beat daredevil...stop acting entitled.

I don't think people with 2/2/1 or worse etc... were expecting free wins, but people who have 7/8/9ish covers, were expecting to be able to at least have a good shot at beating the node (without requiring massive cascades etc...), since Ice had mentioned how he was able to do so with those. I was wrong to expect it I guess (I personally really need the fifth black I think, to have a good shot at it), but do keep in mind most of this thread I'd expect are just venting icon_e_wink.gif
  • razput1n
    razput1n Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    This clearly is intended for people with 4* rosters to finish getting covers for them and get some 5* action on the way.

I don't mind if thats the design, but I am rather annoyed at how they portrayed it though, IceX saying he beat several encounters when his roster, that painted a very different picture than what the feature really is.