4* Deadpool Daily play discussion - advice and strategy

Comments

• Clearly This Was Meant For People Who Don't Need Anymore 4* Covers.

What's The Point?

I have a 2/3/2 at level 147 and can only take off half his life even when using 5 all boosts and 5 green black boosts.
    Oh, and he gets a Team Up and we don't.
    The devs are so out of touch it's ridiculous.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've seen in this game.
  • Finished screenshoting my roster. Will probably post a roster deletion video this evening. Good night and good luck.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Tahroo wrote:
    Thought this was supposed to be helping players with 3*'s get into 4*'s? Poorly thought out in it's current form because only people who have 4*'s can complete it, thus making it redundant coding. Well done.

No, it is designed to do exactly what DDQ has always done for 3* players—help them cover 3* characters they already have started—but now for 4* players. This is intended to help those with a toehold in 4* land get additional 4* covers.

I beat the new node on the third attempt. XF is 553 lvl 224. Sitting on my first Legendary. Want to push the button soooooo bad. I think I'll save up for awhile, tho.

Usually your posts are on point. But the comparison seems incorrect here. With a single 3* cover, a 2* player can complete every node of DDQ. Just one cover. This node is nothing like that at all. If the requirements to beat it are that you are already in a place where the rewards don't mean much to you, then how is that helping a transitioning player? A more truthful statement is that, as is, this has more impact on the 5* transition. And we all may just have to accept that is how the devs want it and adapt to that.

I beat it easily, 5\5\3 xforce 270. I need every legendary token I can get. Need covers for Reed, Jean, xpool, thing, falcap, iceman cometh, 5*s.

So don't speak for everyone. I think d3 did a great job with this and since it awards the best covers in the game should be really hard for the majority. When Reed or Jean or thing are featured I'll be in the same boat as you. However, I will try and if I fail so what. D3 doesn't owe me anything.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    razput1n wrote:
    This clearly is intended for people with 4* rosters to finish getting covers for them and get some 5* action on the way.

I don't mind if thats the design, but I am rather annoyed at how they portrayed it though, IceX saying he beat several encounters when his roster, that painted a very different picture than what the feature really is.

This right here.

The "rage" isn't coming from this not being a "gimmie". It was presented as a option for people to start strengthening their 4* rosters. If the node had been presented as "we're also introducing a way for 4* players to transition to 5*", the majority of the forum would've likely been annoyed, but not to the extent shown in this thread.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    What levels can we expect for the 4* in ddq?
    Still being tweaked, but expect "Level ouch". The idea is that you're going to need a real live 4* character in there, and a 1/0/0 70 is going to have an extremely difficult time of it.
    IceIX wrote:
    So the players who are transitioning 3*->4* don't have much shot at the rotation for legendary tokens?
    Depends on the 4*. I've beaten many of the nodes with their current balancing with a copy of my current roster from Live. And as anyone who has seen my roster knows, I'm not living la vida 4* yet.
    IceIX wrote:
    Are we talking half way covered or just 4* with 1-3 covers because that's a massive difference.
    Here's my current roster, for reference:
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/IceIX/
    IceIX wrote:
    Magisse wrote:
    Will we be able to use boosts (stockpile/damage) and/or teamups for the 4* 1:1 battle? Will the opponent have a teamup?

Thanks for all your quick replies to the multiple above questions. It's great to have an accessible dev!
    At the moment, yes, yes and yes. That being said, we're still heavily testing each of these battles, so I can't state with 100% certainty that all three of those will remain the case.
    Seems ice though it was too easy and scrapped everything. Oh boy.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    razput1n wrote:
    This clearly is intended for people with 4* rosters to finish getting covers for them and get some 5* action on the way.

I don't mind if thats the design, but I am rather annoyed at how they portrayed it though, IceX saying he beat several encounters when his roster, that painted a very different picture than what the feature really is.
    I'd typed a long post saying this but it just didn't feel like it was even worth it.

This is absolutely correct. They can make whatever sort of game function they like but market it correctly - there is no way this is meant to help ease the 4* transition except in the very narrowest of defintions.

That's why people are peeved.

X-Force is my most covered 4* character and I barely made a dent. I have no chance with anyone else and my 4*s are shockingly covered. In this current execution, I have no chance. That's fine. It's just a computer game. I really don't care that much. But don't lead me to believe otherwise.

This is a textbook marketing fail - (over)promising and underdelivering.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    MajinDavid wrote:
    People stop complaining about how your 3 covered xforce isn't gonna get you a free win. This is meant to be for players already in the 4* transition, not people just starting it. There's maybe 3 or 4 characters that I MIGHT be able to do after today. And that's fine with me. I knew this wasn't gonna be a free cover every 5 days. Today's my best chance at a cover since I do have him cover maxed and level 200 but I'm not gonna complain when my kingpin level 94 at 0/2/1 can't beat daredevil...stop acting entitled.

The difficulty is set way too high. A 3-6 cover 4* should be able to complete this with wipes / boosts and a maxed featured should be a breeze. This is basically supposed to be a free 4*. They claimed the whole purpose of adding 2 new 4*s a month was so that they could start distributing them more quickly. For the average player they should be getting 2-3 4* covers per week (1-2 from PvE progression which requires moderately hard play + 1 from DPDQ). With 16 4* (not including Dino) and Iceman right around the corner that's 208+ covers needed, doing your weekly DPDQ will barely put a dent in that.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolveroach's 1/5/1 has crashed and burned 6 times so far. One of the taco tokens tonight gave me an X-Force black. It is extracting the urine.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him down to 346health with my 166 5/3/2 XFW.. have wiped 3x, not giving up just yet.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Ardom wrote:
    I have a 3/5/5 XFW so I levelled him to 166. Lost twice. His red or black is a one-hit finish. Third time I had enough black and cyclops helpfully used his yellow. BOOM!

Edit: I only managed holding off opening my token for 10 minutes. Drew black XFW... icon_cry.gif

I could almost have written this exact post word-for-word. X-Force Wolvie is my only fully covered 4*. I had a sinking certainty that my first Legendary token would have an X-Force Wolvie. No, my first one had a Jean Grey purple. I guess it's fitting that the one I earned with XFW was the one with XFW in it!
  • I think what irritates me the most about this is that it is the least strategically interesting node in the whole game. The game part of the game is built around creating synergies between the powers of different characters- but here is a pure test of brute force. Can you match more of your colors before he matches more of his?

It's entirely a test of roster strength and dumb luck. I can't fathom how that seemed like a good idea.
  • Picklechu
    Picklechu Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    It's just awful design tbh.

I have every 3* fully coverd, 25 maxed level, rest 140ish.

I have every 4* with varying levels of covers from 5-10 with a couple on 13 and the new ones with 1-3 covers. My XFW is 142 with 5/4/2 covers.

Surely this would make me a prime example of 4* transition?

The matchup is a perfect shitstorm too. Cyclops is high HP, with two of the most damaging single target abilities in the game, ideal in a 1v1. He self accelerates with his yellow and on top of that he has a team up that accelerates him even further! We aren't allowed a single TU! /golfclap

Wolvie is low HP and I'd be curious at what level he could survive one shot of Cyc's red
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    I beat it easily, 5\5\3 xforce 270. I need every legendary token I can get. Need covers for Reed, Jean, xpool, thing, falcap, iceman cometh, 5*s.

So don't speak for everyone. I think d3 did a great job with this and since it awards the best covers in the game should be really hard for the majority. When Reed or Jean or thing are featured I'll be in the same boat as you. However, I will try and if I fail so what. D3 doesn't owe me anything.

**** you beat is easily, you got lucky in you finished it first try. 8 green AP does ~20% of Cyclops' life, 11 black will do around 50%. His 13 black does 90%+ and 10 red does 80%. His yellow is also better than yours (which has a high chance of cascading into a 1 shot red). Not to mention he gets a useful team up while you can't use any, effectively giving him 4 kill colors to your (1). Oh yeah, his match damage is higher too.

There is no optimal strategy, if you "deny" red you do 0 damage and give him free reign over black and yellow. If you rush black there's a good chance he'll get yellow or red off before you do. Green is a waste because it does so little damage and you're leaving all the other colors for him. If you don't have maxed black you're going to need like 40+ AP to kill him before he gathers 10.
    Picklechu wrote:
    Wolvie is low HP and I'd be curious at what level he could survive one shot of Cyc's red

270 Xforce has 10928 HP and 270 Optic was doing over 8k I believe.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I got extremely lucky, used black/green damage boost, all color ap boost and green black boost, got crit my first turn so was able to use green, ai matched where I could make a black crit and ensuing cascade made a another black match so turn 2 SS, from there it was pure lucky cascades for my end which led to me winning with a 3/4/1 lvl 120 on 2nd try. This is not meant as proof that this is working as intended rather even a blind squirrel can find a nut
  • Yeah, a joke and a waste of health packs if you think about trying again. No TU and no choosing on yourself which team or character could make it.

icon_cry.gificon_evil.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Got him down to 346health with my 166 5/3/2 XFW.. have wiped 3x, not giving up just yet.

4th times a charn.. a couple lucky cascades with all color damage boosted and red and green boosted again. super excited!
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    They definitely need to rethink the node a bit.

For example, I'd wish that the node would scale not the opponent but your character.

Let say you have a 3-5-5 IW, but you don't want to waste iso for baglady only to clear the 4* node.

What should/could happen is that for that match - and that match alone - she's granted a 270 status.

There are too many 4* to level (and more to come), and asking the 3 -4 transitioners to invest huge amount of iso into useless characters will slow down the transition itself ofc.

It that's the plan (i.e. deflate iso even more)... well, it's a bad plan.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolveroach did it, with his 15th attempt and very, very last health pack and boosts.

Lucked into some cascades, got a SS off early to wipe out half Cyclops's health, managed to get more black through match-4 (denying red) clearing columns, he got off his Mutant Revolutionary but had to move to make a match to get enough red for Optic Blasts, too late, another SS won the day.

Token result: Professor X - purple.

Let's not do this again for a while, maybe 5 days?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Tarouza wrote:
    I got extremely lucky, used black/green damage boost, all color ap boost and green black boost, got crit my first turn so was able to use green, ai matched where I could make a black crit and ensuing cascade made a another black match so turn 2 SS, from there it was pure lucky cascades for my end which led to me winning with a 3/4/1 lvl 120 on 2nd try. This is not meant as proof that this is working as intended rather even a blind squirrel can find a nut

I felt that way too. Equipped +2 greentile.png / blacktile.png AP, redcrit.png boost 100% & greentile.png / blacktile.pngdamage increase. Manage to get through the match without Cyclops (or Thor) executing an ability, as I manage to deny him from getting yellowtile.png & blacktile.png, whilst redtile.png was fortunately located near greentile.png / blacktile.png so essentially I'm making a greentile.png / blacktile.png match as well as denying him redtile.png. Finished the match with about 90% health left.

Not looking forward to the next one in 5 days time though icon_e_confused.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    dkffiv wrote:

**** you beat is easily, you got lucky in you finished it first try. 8 green AP does ~20% of Cyclops' life, 11 black will do around 50%. His 13 black does 90%+ and 10 red does 80%. His yellow is also better than yours (which has a high chance of cascading into a 1 shot red). Not to mention he gets a useful team up while you can't use any, effectively giving him 4 kill colors to your (1). Oh yeah, his match damage is higher too.

There is no optimal strategy, if you "deny" red you do 0 damage and give him free reign over black and yellow. If you rush black there's a good chance he'll get yellow or red off before you do. Green is a waste because it does so little damage and you're leaving all the other colors for him. If you don't have maxed black you're going to need like 40+ AP to kill him before he gathers 10.
    Picklechu wrote:

270 Xforce has 10928 HP and 270 Optic was doing over 8k I believe.

Say whaaa?? I was there brah it was simple. I took screenshots at start of match and the award screen two minutes. It's a damn simple match since you go after black and wipe the board of red. Cyc got his yellow off once. I max boosted black green damage and black\green AP.+2... Oh and Thor tu did fire.

Seriously, you thought it was hard? Aren't you the best?