How many players beat Cyclops?

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Square wrote:
    4th try, 128 XF. Not easy, not impossible. If you couldn't do it, you're not ready for the 4* transition. (vote downs are gone, so I have no fear of saying that)
    But this is not 4* transition.
    What is it then, explain clearly and I will try to understand.
  • Square
    Square wrote:
    4th try, 128 XF. Not easy, not impossible. If you couldn't do it, you're not ready for the 4* transition. (vote downs are gone, so I have no fear of saying that)

Not being able to hit 1000 in PvP shows that I'm not ready for a 4* transition. Not being able to beat this lv 270 Cyclops (which i did with my lv 111 Xverine) simply shows how unfavourable the matchup is to those who have poorly-covered, low-level 4*.
    Yeah, you'll beat it sometimes and get a new 4 or 5* cover. Other times not. 2* players will just throw their hands up.

Explicitly state how easy it must be to reflect the 4* transition. Personally, I'm expecting to win the Nick Fury one, and expecting to lost the Falcap one.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Square wrote:

If I'm not ready for the 4* transition, then why the hell am I matched against max 4* teams in every PvP event I play?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Square wrote:

If I'm not ready for the 4* transition, then why the hell am I matched against max 4* teams in every PvP event I play?

I spat up my coffee laughing when I read this icon_lol.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Square wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Square wrote:
    If someone has all three-stars at 166 they should be more than ready to transition to 4*-land. This doesn't help with that.
  • If someone has all three-stars at 166 they should be more than ready to transition to 4*-land. This doesn't help with that.
    My post above his question alredy had this answer before I edited it. He doesn't understands it.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Literally dozens of attempts with my lev160 3/2/3 XF, with the best shot getting Cyc down to 293hp.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Sidlon wrote:
    Literally dozens of attempts with my lev160 3/2/3 XF, with the best shot getting Cyc down to 293hp.

This was the case with my wife's account. She's level capped because her XFW is 3/3/3. I got him down to 417 once. But at 6xxx HPs, you can't constantly deny him red, black, and yellow. If cyclops fires once, the game ends.

I tried some 15x. I varied boosts, etc. No joy. This was ****. ESPECIALLY since they let Cyclops bring a team-up, but won't let you.

Eff everything about that.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat it with a 190 XF on my 5th try. The first two times he got a ridiculous cascade on the first turn and instakilled me by the third. Just used 2x black/green stockpile and I think one +all match damage. On the winning attempt I actually ate an optic blast, but Recovery went off the turn before and I survived with like 300 HP, then popped a surgical strike to end it.

Anyhow, yeah, I have to agree that this really only seems helpful for those who already have well-developed 4* rosters. Personally, unless they run a really weak character like Quicksilver as the opponent, I'll only be able to beat it if the required character is XF, Jean Grey or 4Pool.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    cyineedsn wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Square wrote:

I spat up my coffee laughing when I read this icon_lol.gif

icon_e_biggrin.gif Thanks. And like clockwork, within 10 minutes of posting, I was hit on Divine Champions.

Screenshot_2015_09_16_09_39_17.png

Yep, with opponents like that, I'm clearly not ready for upgrading my 1/1/2 4* Thor. icon_lol.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed it on first try with a 152 at 1/3/3. used 2 B/G AP boosts, 2 rainbow AP boost, 5 20% rainbow damage. Obviously a lucky board, as one optic blast would have ended me from full health. Hit him with two surgical strikes and one X Force and matched him out of using his powers.

I suppose I have a shot with Invisible Woman if I can get the invisibility off and protect it, but I don't see any of my single cover characters winning, nor even Nick Fury, who's 2/2/1 right now. His damage output is still really low. I'll probably do the Kingpin one anyway, just for kicks and to give poor, low-tier Daredevil a win.
  • Square
    edited September 2015
    Square wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Square wrote:
    If someone has all three-stars at 166 they should be more than ready to transition to 4*-land. This doesn't help with that.
    In that case, you play PVP, earn some 4*s there, as anyone with all 3*s at 166 can, then you'll be able to coast to the legendary tokens. 4* players won't be able to get these tokens easily at first either. Half my 4*s are unplayable. I plan to be pissed off on that day I need to use Mr. F. But I won't be taking the attitude of the forum. 4*s should not be 'easy' to get. Easier, yes, but not easy. And they certainly are easier now.

Thanks for interacting in an adult way that ShionSinX wasn't able to icon_e_smile.gif
  • Square
    ShionSinX wrote:
    My post above his question alredy had this answer before I edited it. He doesn't understands it.
    You're right, I "doesn't understands" it. Or, possibly, I have a different opinion than you. One of those two.
  • Seeing how other transitions work, using the tier below to get the covers, asking a 4* for a 4* doesn't fits the requirements for it to be part of that transition.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Seeing how other transitions work, using the tier below to get the covers, asking a 4* for a 4* doesn't fits the requirements for it to be part of that transition.

You cannot attempt TBE in DDQ without beating the required 3* node first.. so you need the 3* to get more covers for it in DDQ already.. nothing has changed.
  • Square
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Seeing how other transitions work, using the tier below to get the covers, asking a 4* for a 4* doesn't fits the requirements for it to be part of that transition.
    You use the tier below to earn the covers. Earn. Earn. Then they become easier. It would be stupid to start handing 4* covers to people who lucked into their first Loki cover.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Malcrof wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

You cannot attempt TBE in DDQ without beating the required 3* node first.. so you need the 3* to get more covers for it in DDQ already.. nothing has changed.
    You need one cover for the featured character - here you need five or seven or so (and the right covers at that as, e.g., a Thing with five yellow will likely have trouble with his challenge.) Big Enchillada can be done 100% of the time with three lvl 94 2-stars. That's very, very different from this requirement. With BE if you have all 40 three-stars at one cover you can complete it every day. With this you need all four-stars at that five or seven or so proper covers. And you need to expend boosts, which is rather big and sorta glossed over.

It's a very different concept and people who were expecting something similar to BE are understandably upset.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Square wrote:
    It would be stupid to start handing 4* covers to people who lucked into their first Loki cover.
    Now whose lowering the level of the conversation? No one has suggested anything even remotely like that.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Except you need a 1 cover 3* only. The transition is about completing the characters and acquiring their covers in a steady and reliable way. And the node that gives the cover itself is doable by 2*s.
  • Square
    Square wrote:
    It would be stupid to start handing 4* covers to people who lucked into their first Loki cover.
    Now whose lowering the level of the conversation? No one has suggested anything even remotely like that.
    Huh? I wasn't accusing anyone of that, I was implying that four star players are the ones that need a more accelerated speed. Does that phrasing suit you better?