How many players beat Cyclops?

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations BlackBoltRocks!

I'm hoping to join the ranks of the winners, but it's been a bloodbath so far. I have a 4/1/3, level 172 Wolverine and just lost my 16th attempt at taking down the big C. I thought I had a good shot, as I got him down to 4,900, and a board devoid of red. Sadly, he matched blue, and three red dropped together, bringing his red AP total up to a chummy total of 10.

Just to confirm, this node doesn't stick around, does it? When the current DDQ ends in 10 hours or so, this node disappears until the end of the next DDQ?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    My brother beat it with 170 3/3/2. He texted me that it was impossible, and had lost twice. I told him, use G/B boosts and make sure they get no red/black. He texted me back in 3 min saying he got Silver Surfer...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    135, 553: failed
    160, 553, boosted black/green, red/yellow, black/green damage: success
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    Beat is second try with 5/5/3 level 120 and used both AP and damage boosts.

Second try? Second try?!? Who are you and what have you done with the real Jamie Madrox?

Actually, if you think about it... probably just another Jamie Madrox.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    Level 190 XFW, 4/5/1. Beat him first try, and didn't boost. I do suspect I got a tad lucky though.

Started off with a very red rich board, and ended up getting three red match fives in a row to start the match, which was not terribly helpful. Denied black and red after that, didn't worry too much about Cyke getting his yellow off, since I kept the board fairly dry of red. Waited for him to drop a Mutant Revolutionary before SS. Got a SS, then X-Force, then SS off (not in the one run, over the course of the entire match), which finished him off. My XFW's Recovery ability didn't contribute an awful lot to this match.

Oh, I'm 150th, and the leader is niikiita in my bracket.
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Lv 203 Xforce 5/5/3

Thought I'd have a go without boosts to get a feel, won first time but know future fights with my other under covered 4* are going to be a big challenge, especially if they stick to 270 boosted.

Placed #129 in bracket, below me people placed over 15000 but didn't have any 1* on their rosters to get full 29999.

Oh yeah, what did RNG give me for my efforts?

yellowflag.png XForce
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Anyone in your leader board with exactly 14999 or more than 15000 points must have beaten Cyclops.

At least 100 people in my bracket.

I completed the 4* and the 1*. I'm in 98th place and there are two other people with 15,148 points below me before the 15,000 pointers. I didn't need the 3* cover, so I just did the 1* node to get the 15,000 point ISO reward.

There may be others who completed only the 14,999 point node, so when I say at least 100, there may be others.

The person in 99th place did it with a 2/4/2 level 168 Wolverine, person above me did it with a 209 3/5/2, and the person two in front did it with a 5/5/3 180.

The top 15,000 that I can see didn't complete the 4* and has a 2/1/2 111 and the one below that has a 4/3/1 157.
  • I did it. 140 covers . Level 131. More later when I don't use the phone
  • Took me about 15 tries, but I finally did it. My Wolverine has max covers, but didn't want to waste ISO to level him, since I don't use him other than this. Tried him at level 129, didn't work out so well. Went up to 170, and after a few tries, was able to beat it.

DDQ may come off to be "free" covers, and I'm sure this is why people are upset... but you just have to take this as if you can't beat it, move on, and try again next time. Play PvE, or PvP, earn more 4* covers, this isn't supposed to help everyone get 4*, it's supposed to help those that are ready. Want the easy way? Spend money and speed up the transition. MPQ is heavily pay to win "quickly", like most F2P games, if you pay, you get a speed boost.
  • I beat him 2nd try....first try with no boost had him down to 2000 health. 2nd try boost greentile.pngblacktile.png rainbow and 100% match damage. I have level 115 1/3/1 build. won with 634 life left! I am ranked 96, all 100 beat him in my group. napalm666 was #1 in my group
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I did it on my 6th try (I think). After burning through a few health packs, I got to the point where if I didn't have at least a decent board from the first couple matches that I would just quit out, prologue heal XF and try again. Finally started with a black heavy board and was able to eventually down Cyke.

Having said that, XF is my best covered 4* at 3/3/5. My Hulkbuster is next at 3/5/2, but after that it gets mighty lean. My 3/3/3 Carnage could probably take a boosted Spidey, but only because 3* Spidey is awful. My 4/0/0 Prof X. is thoroughly boned vs. a boosted 3* Mags, as is my 0/1/2 Reed, 0/2/2 Thing or even my 5/3/2 Invisible Woman vs boosted Doom. These are of course all just guesses at the Grudge match, but generally speaking I'm guessing that I might be able to pull off 1 in 5 of these nodes when they roll around.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    WOOO!! I finally beat it on my 19th attempt with my 4/1/3 level 172 Wolverine.
    I went in with the following:
    + 2 Green and Black AP
    + 100% match damage
    + 125% crit damage

Basically, my strategy was "pray for a good board", mixed with a little bit of "deny black and red and team-up AP". It paid off, as the board opened with a match-5 black. When I dealt over 2,000 damage to the man in red on the first turn I felt like I had a chance. I had him down to 3,000 HP, and had a rather bad moment - a cascade had left options for a black match and a red match. He was at 9 red AP and 7 black AP. Thankfully the RNG decided that 18 punishments were enough for one day, and the A.I. took the match-4 blue I had completely overlooked. I matched the red, and a blinding cascade dropped in my favor, and down he went.

I'm a little mixed on how I feel - I was excited to win, but I think it was a lot more due to luck with a good board than any real "skill" on my part. Still, that's my very first Legendary token, and so, I shall end as I began - WOOO!!
  • it took me about 10 - 12 tries maxing boosts but my L140 335 Wolv finally won. From what I see some several people beat it with less covered and lower leveled ones but idk how. Only Legend token I'll be getting from DDQ though, XWolv is my highest and most covered 4-star by far
  • 2/3/2 138 here. I'd like to say goodbye to 28 g/b boosts, 30+ all damage boosts, 14 health packs and 20ish all color +1s boosts. (Still didn't win) This node is literally all luck. There might be a little strategy in denying colors, but it's 95% getting a good board.

If you don't have 5 covers in at least 1 color you are screwed.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    First attempt I was in a good mood, my 1/3/5 spec X-Force was doing pretty well. Lotsa nice black cascades and such, not a lot of stuff for Cyclops, got him down to about 1900 HP.
    Then he got a mad cascade with 16 black and killed me.

I tried 8 more times and never got anywhere near that.

I mean okay this needs to be challenging but for anyone with anything other than a near maxed character, or at least a non-fully covered, this is going to be insanely hard. And taking in a fully covered character to get a token for more 4* covers kinda defeats the point, doesn't it? I'm doing this because I need 4* covers...not because I have them and want 1000 ISO to spend on one of them.

X-force is one of the 4*s that has a few covers to work with. Nick Fury, Thoress and Invisible Woman are better covered...but all of my other guys have barely anything.
    Next time this comes around and, oh joy, I have to take my 2 cover King Pin in against a level 270 opponent why should I even bother?

Who thought going up against a level 270 opponent when the point of the fight is to aid people in getting their 4* roster beefed up was a good idea?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    SaintJimmy wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Beat is second try with 5/5/3 level 120 and used both AP and damage boosts.

Second try? Second try?!? Who are you and what have you done with the real Jamie Madrox?

Actually, if you think about it... probably just another Jamie Madrox.

Rumour has it he's the next 5* (after Moonstone). And the one after that as well.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    zeeke wrote:
    I do have a covered lvl 250 xf but still

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, it's 4am I'm out of health packs and I got stomped on when Cyclops got the luckiest 8-match of red on a board that had pretty much no red on it when he was down to 5000HP.

So I'm done. Unless this changes drastically I don't see myself even bothering next time, a complete waste of health packs.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    5-5-3 level 162 X-Force here. Kept retreating and prologue healing if match didn't go my way. Took about eleven attempts until cascades went my way. No boosts. At least 110 players in my bracket have completed it so far.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    I got lucky beat Cy at first try with g/b boost with a lvl190 4/5/3! Then I got unlucky and pull a red StarL icon_e_confused.gif