How many players beat Cyclops?

14567810»

Comments

• Square wrote:
    Square wrote:
    It would be stupid to start handing 4* covers to people who lucked into their first Loki cover.
    Now whose lowering the level of the conversation? No one has suggested anything even remotely like that.
    Huh? I wasn't accusing anyone of that, I was implying that four star players are the ones that need a more accelerated speed. Does that phrasing suit you better?
    The top percentage ones are ALREDY getting more 4*s naturally from #1/#1-2 prizes and 1.3k on pvp. They have a legendary token every 2.5days. We are talking about helping the ones that have only 1k on pvp to add a 4* to the roster to get another shot WITHOUT removing that option from other players, not asking to give a #1 pvp prize for those.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Seeing how other transitions work, using the tier below to get the covers, asking a 4* for a 4* doesn't fits the requirements for it to be part of that transition.

You cannot attempt TBE in DDQ without beating the required 3* node first.. so you need the 3* to get more covers for it in DDQ already.. nothing has changed.

It has one significant difference though. The difference is with original DDQ, you need the feature, but the feature could be completely irrelevant to your actual effectiveness. Take today's. Even with sentry at 1 card, there is no problem beating a lvl 60 trio of wolverine, moonstone, and cap marvel with two fair 2*s alone. You need the first card to play, but even if your sentry gets killed before doing one damage, you can still pass that node and earn a second cover with the rest of your team. In essence, your 2*s would earn you a 3*. The 3* was what opened the door, the rest of your roster is what won the match.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Square wrote:
    Square wrote:
    It would be stupid to start handing 4* covers to people who lucked into their first Loki cover.
    Now whose lowering the level of the conversation? No one has suggested anything even remotely like that.
    Huh? I wasn't accusing anyone of that, I was implying that four star players are the ones that need a more accelerated speed. Does that phrasing suit you better?

who needs anything more than anyone else?
  • the whole 1 v 1 thing while a novel idea just isnt really suited to this game. too many characters in the game dont pack enough punch to do anything on their own.

even at the 4* level there are support characters that are only going to be trying to match damage someone to death. these will just be boring luckfests as to getting crit cascades.

maybe ill be proven wrong.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Square wrote:
    Square wrote:
    4th try, 128 XF. Not easy, not impossible. If you couldn't do it, you're not ready for the 4* transition. (vote downs are gone, so I have no fear of saying that)

Not being able to hit 1000 in PvP shows that I'm not ready for a 4* transition. Not being able to beat this lv 270 Cyclops (which i did with my lv 111 Xverine) simply shows how unfavourable the matchup is to those who have poorly-covered, low-level 4*.
    Yeah, you'll beat it sometimes and get a new 4 or 5* cover. Other times not. 2* players will just throw their hands up.

Explicitly state how easy it must be to reflect the 4* transition. Personally, I'm expecting to win the Nick Fury one, and expecting to lost the Falcap one.

Question is, how many covers and levels should be required in order to have one legitimate shot to beat the node. Also, how many attempts should it take?

I have a 5-5-3, level 162 x-force and it took eleven attempts to beat it. Based on this I expect something between 20 and 30 attempts to beat the next node with my 1-2-5, level cap 172 Fury or I might not be able to do it at all.

If this is truly aimed at transition players then a guy with a fully covered, fully leveled toon should be able to beat the node on the first attempt, maybe on the second at most, three attempts if you have extremely bad luck. It should be close to trivial.

A player with eight covers should be able to beat it with some effort and without boosts, a player with four covers should struggle but still be able to beat it with boosts and some luck. They might not make it on first attempt but they should not go as far as 10+ attempts. All this considering that the spirit of the node supposedly is to help those who need more four star covers. In reality, it seems that the true spirit of the node is to help those with fully covered four stars so they can have a shot at winning five stars.

Part of the issue is the poor gameplay design. Beating the node is mostly a matter of good luck, having a good board and cascades going your way.

I only have completed X-force, Thora and Invisible woman. Everyone else needs covers, some more than others. I presume that this node is supposed to be designed to help me but if I had to try eleven times to beat the node with my best character then I can only assume that I'm looking at a miserable player experience ahead of me.
  • From my observations, 7-8 covers lv120 ish is the least to a reliable win, looking the roster of everyone I could see that beat it in the rankings.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    From my observations, 7-8 covers lv120 ish is the least to a reliable win, looking the roster of everyone I could see that beat it in the rankings.

Not sure how, by my wife's 1/4/1 beat it yesterday on the first shot.. of course, she routinely whoops me in Diablo 3 as well, but 6 covers , the right covers anyway, was all it took.

for IMHB i don't see how a 5/0/0 couldn't win it easily, even a 4/0/0..

We will have to wait and see how things are when Fury comes round in a few days, and see if anything has changed. We know they now have data, so we may find a completely different node next time.
  • if they are going to have monstrous opponents, they could of made it condition based like get 15(can be 10 each for both) redtile.png and/or blacktile.png ap before cyclops one shots you for putting the moves on his girl( this is DP's event right) or win the match normally against a buffed hero. that way there is way to brute force it for highly covered characters or a conditional way for low level that aids in there survival of the node. another one could be land 3 critical hits to snap him out of his rage as he has a bunch of board movement with his powers. it adds to the puzzle aspect as well and it would be fun to play as well even with a 1/0/0 hero cause of the conditional win. another suggestion would be to drop the legendary token make it the 4* cover of the required hero and have it 3 v 1 boosted hero.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Malcrof wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Seeing how other transitions work, using the tier below to get the covers, asking a 4* for a 4* doesn't fits the requirements for it to be part of that transition.

You cannot attempt TBE in DDQ without beating the required 3* node first.. so you need the 3* to get more covers for it in DDQ already.. nothing has changed.
    You need one cover for the featured character - here you need five or seven or so (and the right covers at that as, e.g., a Thing with five yellow will likely have trouble with his challenge.) Big Enchillada can be done 100% of the time with three lvl 94 2-stars. That's very, very different from this requirement. With BE if you have all 40 three-stars at one cover you can complete it every day. With this you need all four-stars at that five or seven or so proper covers. And you need to expend boosts, which is rather big and sorta glossed over.

It's a very different concept and people who were expecting something similar to BE are understandably upset.

It's accurate that only 1 cover of a 3* is needed to get another through DPDQ. It's also seems accurate that you need 5-7 minimum covers (depending on the character and color) to get the legendary token. But, that seems fair to me. The 4* transition should be more difficult than the 3* transition.

From what I read, Ice never said anything that gave me the impression that 1 cover would be enough to beat the new node. I'm not sure anyone had that expectation, or if they did, where they got it. It's clear from the posts that people with 5-7 covers are beating the node, so most anyone who's been around longer than 6 months (three free XWolv covers) should have a shot at it.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Didn't see this yesterday. Beat him on my 3rd try. First two tries were rainbow damage boosts maxed and r/y g/bk AP boosted. Last try was rainbow damage, boosting damage Colors to match above. Got Ant-Man purple.

I think I'll be able to win with NF, but that's the only other one where I think I have a shot.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Beat him first try, barely. Took a break and finished the daily quest prettylate, so I could see at least 200 of the 1000 players in my ddq bracket managed to beat him.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    ShionSinX wrote:
    From my observations, 7-8 covers lv120 ish is the least to a reliable win, looking the roster of everyone I could see that beat it in the rankings.

My observation of my 4/1/2-130 was Wolverine splattered at every attempt in the 24h period. Anyone with anything close to that just has been lucky (and more power to them).

Even a a blinded guy can shoot one time as well as Bullseye given enough bullets. Sure Wolverine vs Cyclops has been won by weak Wolverine, some even weaker than mine, but is it a proof of possibility or a freak occurence. Only one with full access to stats can answer that.

I really do hate it when gameplay design merges with forced statistics outcome, but that's how freemiums are made.