How many players beat Cyclops?

Comments

• I beat him on my 2nd try with a level 216 5/5/3, using 2 BG and 2 All Colour boosts.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Hard to argue with the actual data, I just have a hard time imagining level 70-120 wolverines making any headway in this match.

Even at 210 I had to use all my health packs and a lot of boosts before I got lucky enough with color denial to win the match.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I think he meant more a simple "what percentage of players tried and what percentage did it" comparison. The first part I mean the % of players with at least 1 WXF cover (from the entire base) that tried, then from those how many succeed.

Like, from 100.000 total players 90% had 1 cover or more and attempted and from the 90.000 50% had success.
    Also doable, but I'd want to wait till tomorrow to gather the data. Right now we're still in "hot take" territory since we haven't even hit our prime time for play yet. Most players pop in at about 5PM-ish PST with another at around 8PM-ish.
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I think he meant more a simple "what percentage of players tried and what percentage did it" comparison. The first part I mean the % of players with at least 1 WXF cover (from the entire base) that tried, then from those how many succeed.

Like, from 100.000 total players 90% had 1 cover or more and attempted and from the 90.000 50% had success.
    Also doable, but I'd want to wait till tomorrow to gather the data. Right now we're still in "hot take" territory since we haven't even hit our prime time for play yet. Most players pop in at about 5PM-ish PST with another at around 8PM-ish.
    Yes, completely agree with the full event data before the verdict.

But while you are here, could you enlighten us on the direction you wanted it to be, ending of 4* phase or the 3->4* transition?
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Data is MUCH appreciated. I suspect that finish rates will drop quite a bit as you progress through the 4* as XFW probably has the largest population of folks with at least some decent # of covers of any 4* character. I beat the node on the first try with +2 GB / +2 All / +30% GB. However, i have a 5/5/3 XFW (albeit at lv188). However, I suspect my 1/2/5 Fury won't fare quite so well next week, and after that, other than IW my covers are mostly down in the 1-3 range for the rest of the 4*.
    Certainly. Wolverine is by far the most covered 4* character, so he's likely to have some of the highest clear rates. And we'll definitely be poring over the various bits of info we get, both from analytics and raw written feedback, to make sure that things are working how they should.

This is encouraging to know. I'm sure you want this thing to be a challenge but it just seems far too brutal for folks that are still transitioning to a 4* roster. There has to be something in between a match that anyone can just breeze through without a challenge and what we have here.
  • I tried a few times with my 4/3/3 XF at level 120 and got wiped a few times. Tried again after moving him up 10 levels. Used RY and GB boosts with the match damage at 100%. Wiped 2 times before getting a favorable board with some cascades. Yellow fired off and didn't get matches. Had my SS ready which helped finish him off. Got to recover twice during the battle which helped.
  • IceIX
    ShionSinX wrote:

But while you are here, could you enlighten us on the direction you wanted it to be, ending of 4* phase or the 3->4* transition?
    A bit of both.

Somewhat related is that there's something that people are generally forgetting about in their rush to criticize (good or bad) the new DDQ mission. In that we've already stated that we're also making changes with S19 to raise pack odds for 4*s. Sure, that's all odds based, but it'll increase outflow of 4*s for anyone earning and spending tokens. And yes, I know that's not here *now*, but it's coming soon. The transition needs to be taken in aggregate with all changes, not a single portion of it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

A bit of both.

Somewhat related is that there's something that people are generally forgetting about in their rush to criticize (good or bad) the new DDQ mission. In that we've already stated that we're also making changes with S19 to raise pack odds for 4*s. Sure, that's all odds based, but it'll increase outflow of 4*s for anyone earning and spending tokens. And yes, I know that's not here *now*, but it's coming soon. The transition needs to be taken in aggregate with all changes, not a single portion of it.

Since you're responding to threads, is no TU access a bug or a feature?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

A bit of both.

That depends on how much the odds are going up, though. If it spikes from 3.8% to 5% that's not going to help a ton.
  • I have a 5/5/3 XF at level 200. I won on my second attempt, after getting wiped and then boosting.

--

I am #104 in my bracket and #109 has completed. Bracket lead is "BigRed76" if anybody can check further down that bracket to get a lower number of completions.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

A bit of both.

I feel fairly sure the lack of TU access was to prevent people from using "Whales," at least at the basic level. They probably could exclude DP TUs, but at the moment they're excluding them all.

It does beg the question, though - what do we do for Prof X?
  • Hide and pray for the RNGesus.
  • Got lucky (after 6 tries) & beat Cyclops on lucky #7th try.
    4* X-Force icon_wolverine.png - lvl 127 - 2 greenflag.png 2 blackflag.png 2 yellowflag.png (max level for me atm)

Started with PowerUps: +2 all / +2 blacktile.pnggreentile.png / 100% all dmg

got extremely lucky with a 5 blacktile.png match off the start, then cascaded to another 3 blacktile.png match with quite a few greentile.png on board.
    Left the yellowtile.png alone & tried to just save up blacktile.png & greentile.png (i wanted him to get yellowtile.png for deploying more redtile.png )
    Used greentile.png whenever possible to extra damage. once Cyclops did his yellowtile.png , immediately hit blacktile.png for max damage.
    Again, got lucky more reds fell onto board, had enough for 2nd blacktile.png . Proceeded to use green whenever possible.

Dangerous way to play him, since if he did match one more redtile.png connection he would've one shot me. Sooooo lucky not many redtile.png & tutile.png dropped

I was pretty frustrated on those earlier attempts, & i can see the issues of this being a node to help transition from 3* to 4*, but this only seems to help if you have a decent 4* already.

For me, i would just be happy if it was a fight that would be available once or twice a week (as it is now), & fight a 3* buff_normal.png @ lvl 210 or 240. & instead of the token_legendary.png, give you a (random color or cycle out) cover of the 4* that you are playing with. That way players with even a few covers can get some to strengthen their current 4*'s & get ready for the 5* battles later. Save the token_legendary.png for high end prizes.

Good luck everyone, & to the devs... every match that i made, i pictured Wolvie ramming a blade up your icon_e_surprised.gifhealthpack.pngicon_e_surprised.gif .
  • IceIX
    Both, but leaning towards a feature. It's more of a very last minute design change that wasn't communicated properly. *However*, there's also the fact that the enemy gets a Team-Up, which can't easily be changed due to current technical limitations. We're *well* aware that it's frustrating as heck, and we're trying to figure out an easy remedy that wouldn't require a client patch. Even some of our people in-office have been phone-throwing-close because of a sudden Mjolnir's Might out of left field.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat is second try with 5/5/3 level 120 and used both AP and damage boosts.

Second try? Second try?!? Who are you and what have you done with the real Jamie Madrox?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Both, but leaning towards a feature. It's more of a very last minute design change that wasn't communicated properly. *However*, there's also the fact that the enemy gets a Team-Up, which can't easily be changed due to current technical limitations. We're *well* aware that it's frustrating as heck, and we're trying to figure out an easy remedy that wouldn't require a client patch. Even some of our people in-office have been phone-throwing-close because of a sudden Mjolnir's Might out of left field.

Are the T/U's removed because of Deadpool "Whales"? Would it be easier to lock Deadpool T/Us?

Although "Whales" is an instant win, you still need to collect all the AP to unleash it, with Cyclops grabbing it all, it still is a challenge nonetheless. Plus keep in mind that it takes quite a bit of time to fill up on Deadpool points to unleash the Whales.

Also, if the enemy T/U was not planned, then how does the CPU have the perfect T/U in Thor "Mjolnir's Might" to make Yellow for Cyclops? Does the game automatically decide what the best T/U is against us? Curious on this one as I feel like the AI normally has a great T/U to be used against us in certain situations.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:

Hmmm...could you hard-code a relatively innocuous teamup?
    Hot Dog Stand!
  • IceIX
    Are the T/U's removed because of Deadpool "Whales"? Would it be easier to lock Deadpool T/Us?

Although "Whales" is an instant win, you still need to collect all the AP to unleash it, with Cyclops grabbing it all, it still is a challenge nonetheless. Plus keep in mind that it takes quite a bit of time to fill up on Deadpool points to unleash the Whales.

Also, if the enemy T/U was not planned, then how does the CPU have the perfect T/U in Thor "Mjolnir's Might" to make Yellow for Cyclops? Does the game automatically decide what the best T/U is against us? Curious on this one as I feel like the AI normally has a great T/U to be used against us in certain situations.
    Whales is one thing, but it's also because if you have TUs available, you have *3* TUs available. Depending on the TUs you bring into battle, that can be extremely devastating. And given that you have another 5 days from then to stock back up, it ends up very unbalancing for what should be a 1v1 faceoff.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    then how does the CPU have the perfect T/U in Thor "Mjolnir's Might" to make Yellow for Cyclops?
    frankly, there are many other more perfect team ups for him: imhb black, fist purple, 1 cover im40 yellow, cap red, witch purple - all worse than thor red.

I don't see what the problem with whales is... they give them to you for a reason. this would be less disruptive than pvp hopping. this isn't affecting anyone else. and yes, was planning on that as a last resort, having 450K pts saved and just got 4 teamups from my alliance in preparation for this and upcoming days.
  • IceIX wrote:

Whales is one thing, but it's also because if you have TUs available, you have *3* TUs available. Depending on the TUs you bring into battle, that can be extremely devastating. And given that you have another 5 days from then to stock back up, it ends up very unbalancing for what should be a 1v1 faceoff.
    No way to lock two slots? I remember a bug that disabled a slot until you went to change the other slots, so maybe forcing it to enable one tu or boost.