How many players beat Cyclops?

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    We're *well* aware that it's frustrating as heck, and we're trying to figure out an easy remedy that wouldn't require a client patch. Even some of our people in-office have been phone-throwing-close because of a sudden Mjolnir's Might out of left field.

Between that and all the rage on Facebook and here, just put the TUs back in like they should be.

If somebody wants to whale all the nodes, good. It takes 10 days in a row of getting Deadpool pts to use it once, with this every 5 days, that seems more than fair. I really don't understand why this isn't being done now. Like right now.
  • I beat him this morning and I am #5 in the bracket but I have my wolverine maxed at 270 5/5/3. Even at 270 I had to do it 3 times, the first 2 without boosts and the 3rd time with boosts. The fight is ridiculously hard and the problem here is, the dailys are supposed to help players get covers so they can do better without feeling overwhelmed. Just from doing this fight, I know I'm not going to be able to get any other 4 star daily covers without incredible luck because I don't have any others maxed out. So only the people with a lot of leveled up 4 star characters can get the 4 star covers thus increasing the gap between the players who don't have them and the players that do. Did it upset anyone else that 4 star wolverine is weaker than a 3 star boosted character? It's like they are showcasing how badly nerfed wolverine is.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Depending on the TUs you bring into battle, that can be extremely devastating. And given that you have another 5 days from then to stock back up, it ends up very unbalancing for what should be a 1v1 faceoff.

Like a Mjolnir Might TU for a yellow user...I see what you did there. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Whales is one thing, but it's also because if you have TUs available, you have *3* TUs available. Depending on the TUs you bring into battle, that can be extremely devastating. And given that you have another 5 days from then to stock back up, it ends up very unbalancing for what should be a 1v1 faceoff.

That's fair, but I hope it's not the end of the thought process. There must be ways to code in a one-TU limit for the player in a particular fight.

And in the meantime, just give all the opponents Switcheroo.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I managed it on my main account with a level 150 Wolverine, partially covered. Only after several wipes. My other account only has a level 131 Wolverine, though, and I'm not sure it's worth the frustration.

The original ddq format allowed you to reliably upgrade your three start roster using a two start team of your choice, as long as you had at least one cover in the required character.

The new node requires a specific strong 4 star. That's pretty harsh.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    That's fair, but I hope it's not the end of the thought process. There must be ways to code in a one-TU limit for the player in a particular fight.

And in the meantime, just give all the opponents Switcheroo.
    It'd take client code to get that to really work without things being extremely confusing, not to mention possible knock-on effects from hot fixing the TU system like that. The second part was one of the things I suggested (but with some Dino Dance moves), but isn't (easily) doable due to the way TU choices are figured out per chapter. It's not set on an individual basis. We're still looking for a magic bullet though that won't require a client fix.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I **** DID IT!!!!!

I beat Cyclops with my paltry WXF 4/2/3, leveled him up from 146 to 157 using all the iso I had. Took close to ten tries but I was almost beat, he triggered yellow, I didn't have any power ready, his yellow filled his red and he was going to kill me next turn. But, when he matched that last three yellow he needed he set me up for a T shaped 5 black match. I hit it.

CASCADE FROM HELL!

Black was ready to go, hit Surgical Strike, tons of red still on the board, burned up a few thousand of his health that way. Triggers decent cascade. Green is now ready to go, hit X-Force.

CASCADE FROM HELL!!!

I went into this using +2 each of green/black and yellow/red plus 100% match damage so my cascades took a heavy toll.

It's not enough. I'm still cooked.

But.....I got enough yellow ready to trigger Recovery and he only has 2800 hp left. It isn't going to work, there are 12 yellow tiles on the board and it has to land on one of three to make it happen for me. I hit it...

IT LANDS EXACTLY WHERE I NEED IT TO!!!!

I match my Recovery tile, down goes Clops! I got my first Legendary Token. I'm thinking I should save it for next month or even the one after, double or even triple my chances... **** That!!! I open it..

5* SILVER SURFER BLUE! I did it, I won the MPQ lottery!!! Damn stoked. Going to win a second Legenday tonight in the Hulk event. icon_cool.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, yeah, I was talking about an eventual client update. I can't imagine that hotfix going well.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Are the T/U's removed because of Deadpool "Whales"? Would it be easier to lock Deadpool T/Us?

Although "Whales" is an instant win, you still need to collect all the AP to unleash it, with Cyclops grabbing it all, it still is a challenge nonetheless. Plus keep in mind that it takes quite a bit of time to fill up on Deadpool points to unleash the Whales.

Also, if the enemy T/U was not planned, then how does the CPU have the perfect T/U in Thor "Mjolnir's Might" to make Yellow for Cyclops? Does the game automatically decide what the best T/U is against us? Curious on this one as I feel like the AI normally has a great T/U to be used against us in certain situations.
    Whales is one thing, but it's also because if you have TUs available, you have *3* TUs available. Depending on the TUs you bring into battle, that can be extremely devastating. And given that you have another 5 days from then to stock back up, it ends up very unbalancing for what should be a 1v1 faceoff.

im sorry, 5 days??? you can restock teamups within hours from your alliance.

and exactly how many teamups do you fire in match? i rarely gather enough teamup mana to cast one let alone three and most people are going to be equipping at least one type of boost for a fight like this so almost no one is going to equip three teamups anyway, so thats a non-starter.

and really why single this fight out for these kind of restrictions and no other fight in the game has them??
  • I have a 3/2/5 level 209 4* Wolvy who brought me to victory.

I used two legacy boosts and of course denied black/red/yellow. I used one +20% to mutants, one +20% to x-men, and 5X green and black damage boosts.

With some lucky 5 in a rows, cascades that helped me get green, 2 lucky Recovery health procs that got me back to full health twice, and a crucial end game surgical strike I somehow managed to beat him. I was left with 665 health!

It took about 3-4 fails before I was lucky enough to get my legendary token. Ant-Man was my pull, so no 5* for me this time icon_e_sad.gif
  • He said it right at the end "it is a 1v1 fight."

That is why there are no teamups (well, for you at least icon_razz.gif).
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Since you're responding to threads, is no TU access a bug or a feature?
    Both, but leaning towards a feature. It's more of a very last minute design change that wasn't communicated properly. *However*, there's also the fact that the enemy gets a Team-Up, which can't easily be changed due to current technical limitations. We're *well* aware that it's frustrating as heck, and we're trying to figure out an easy remedy that wouldn't require a client patch. Even some of our people in-office have been phone-throwing-close because of a sudden Mjolnir's Might out of left field.

Thanks for the clarification IceIX. I appreciate that there is acknowledgement of the frustration that players are experiencing. I know that it is a difficult thing to program these things and to make the AI not have a team up, which I think we can agree would make the fight a bit more fair. That said, how about a compromise? Allow team-ups until you figure out how to solve the issue of AI using team ups.

TL:DR: (really, you didn't read 5 sentences?). Allow AI and players both have TUs until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Forgot to mention, I am currently ranked 211th in my DDQ bracket, so it looks like a lot of people are managing. Keep trying for a miracle if you haven't got your token yet guys.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Even some of our people in-office have been phone-throwing-close because of a sudden Mjolnir's Might out of left field.

Instead of a monthly Q&A video, could you guys put together a monthly montage of workers around the office getting frustrated at their phones and/or celebrating their victories?
  • Dribbler
    Dribbler Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I'm 187th,

229 XF 4/3/4

took 5 tries 41 total boosts

was not impressed
  • Salmon Paw wrote:
    I beat him this morning and I am #5 in the bracket but I have my wolverine maxed at 270 5/5/3. Even at 270 I had to do it 3 times, the first 2 without boosts and the 3rd time with boosts. The fight is ridiculously hard and the problem here is, the dailys are supposed to help players get covers so they can do better without feeling overwhelmed. Just from doing this fight, I know I'm not going to be able to get any other 4 star daily covers without incredible luck because I don't have any others maxed out. So only the people with a lot of leveled up 4 star characters can get the 4 star covers thus increasing the gap between the players who don't have them and the players that do. Did it upset anyone else that 4 star wolverine is weaker than a 3 star boosted character? It's like they are showcasing how badly nerfed wolverine is.

I am one of those players in the 3star->4star transition and I was really looking forward to having a CHANCE of getting copies of 4stars.

As it stands, there is no way. I have a 1/2/3 lvl 120 XF wolvy. No chance. He downed me just from making matches and a couple of his yellowflag.png cascaded. He didn't even have to use his redflag.png or blackflag.png

I don't see how this is supposed to help with the transition. As it stands you have to (nearly) have a fully-covered 4star to beat them.
  • lvl 209
    3/5/2

beat on 3rd try
    obviously with boosts

dont think my roster is strong enough for any other challenges like this..lol
  • just beat it. blargh.

i'm the lowest at 213, lol, and no. 1 is infrared.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm here to encourage everyone, especially the lower-level Xverines. Mine is at lv 111, 5/2/1 build. Here's the match status before the game ender:

http://i58.tinypic.com/30bd1n6.jpg (ok for some reason i just can't shrink the picture)

As you can see, I managed to deny him Red and Yellow, and have enough Green for the finishing X-Force. Took me "only" 8 tries. Boosts used: 1 x Green/Black power boost, 1 x Critical boost, 1 x all colour boost. My reward: icon_starlord.pngredflag.png (not complaining, that brings him up to 1/0/2)

My next best covered are Thorrina 2/3/1 and IW 2/2/2, so...yea.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 140, 3/4/1.

20+ tries, lots of boosts. Lots of frustration.