So how are 4* Tranistioners suppose to earn Legendary tokens

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    So what you're saying is you still have no facts to provide.
    Here's a fact: I'm not going to waste any more time explaining basic tinykitty to a tinykitty moron.
    This kind of attitude and language (regardless of whether or not the profanity filter caught it) towards fellow forum members are unacceptable. You're taking a day off to cool down.
    It was pointed out in feedback that the post in question was a week old. It was only brought to moderator attention today. I gave it the same response today that it deserved at the time, but if it had been quite a bit older I'd just have ignored it.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    I agree with you, as well, TxMoose. The thing is, to follow on from my reply to Vhailorx above, I don't think the Big Enchilada is meant to be similar to the 4* DDQ node. The Big Enchilada is calibrated to be difficult for a maxed 2* roster, and relatively achievable for a properly transitioning 3* roster, and that's because it gives out a fixed 3* cover. The 4* DDQ gives out a Legendary Token. I think people are focusing on the fact that there's a 95% (soon to be 90%) chance that it will give out a 4* cover, and therefore think it's supposed to help them kickstart their transition. I don't think this is an appropriate view of the Legendary Token. It has a 5% (soon to be 10%) chance of giving out a 5* cover. In terms of token drop probability in the context of MPQ, that's a huge drop rate. From that perspective, I'd argue that the Legendary Token is there to help people complete their 4* transition, not start it, and then move them on to 5*s.

If the 4* DDQ node only gave a fixed 4* cover, I'd expect the difficulty to be calibrated lower, but a Legendary Token is much more than that.

Logic solution to the issue, rename this the legendary DDQ and introduce one of these for a fixed 4* a week too.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dunno why people are having a hard time getting legendary tokens? My best covered and highest ranked character is 2* Storm, 2*Wolverine and 2*Daken all at 81 and I have got the legendary token from every PVE event so far. Never got any in PVP and haven't had the essential for DDQ 4* node yet but so far picked up 4 legendary tokens in the 2 months I've been playing.

Clearing each sub is not always possible for me but I hit the progression rewards through sheer patience and determination (translation = grinding). It's a pain to do it this way but it CAN be done. I'm proof.
  • Yeah, the PVE Legendary Token is a pretty decently big boost by itself for getting 4*s. Most levels of players could get them, well before they are even ready for a 4* transition, and serve as a pretty decent base for some of the other steps. (Legendarys Tokens eventually fuel into DDQ 4*s) before even getting into PVP rewards.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scratch that after checking I've actually picked up more legendary than I thought. Currently got:
    Star-lord (2 covers)
    Kingpin (2 covers)
    Uncanny Deadpool (2Covers)

and got thing and Thoress sitting in my queue awaiting a roster slot. I've also tossed one IW aswell.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Scratch that after checking I've actually picked up more legendary than I thought. Currently got:
    Star-lord (2 covers)
    Kingpin (2 covers)
    Uncanny Deadpool (2Covers)

and got thing and Thoress sitting in my queue awaiting a roster slot. I've also tossed one IW aswell.

There has not been 6 PVEs giving out legendary tokens. I believe we are on number 3.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't read all 9 pages but OP is right.

What's worse, there are actually FEWER chances to get 4* tokens now since they removed them from 1* token rewards.
  • tmurf5387
    tmurf5387 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    loroku wrote:
    Haven't read all 9 pages but OP is right.

What's worse, there are actually FEWER chances to get 4* tokens now since they removed them from 1* token rewards.

Mods/Devs stated that 4* were not removed from token_standard.png . Its just that the % is so minuscule they just removed 4* from the description to not get peoples hopes up.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys who whine and feel entitled aren't really trying hard enough or just unwilling to spend on shield hopping.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    You guys who whine and feel entitled aren't really trying hard enough or just unwilling to spend on shield hopping.

Please keep responses civil, and offer help or something constructive, if this thread continues to go nowhere, it may be locked
  • Even people with 1/2 * rosters can pull legendary tokens in PVE.

Pulling these tokens elsewhere will begin to get easier as your 4* roster begins to round itself out. Its called transition for a reason.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have now twice gotten the token from the DDQ vault, tied with my total number of 4*s pulled since the vault came into play. So with all the Event legendary tokens, the 1 4* DDQ i was able to finish, and the 2 from the Vaults, the tokens have really accelerated my transition.

Now if 4 of them were IMHB red, i would be more excited.. but the game wants me to finish 4Thor first, so finish her i will! (4/2/3 so far, 3 of those covers off leg tokens)
  • Yeah, the verdict should pretty much officially be in. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you should be able to easily get Legendary tokens from PVE. I've heard of people doing it without any essentials, and I've done it myself missing the 4 star essential with plenty of room to spare.

This past PVE Simulator I was able to get the legendary token with ease. I didn't even hit my 3 full daily clears, only did 2 clears the first day, and 1 clear each the last 2 days, and then pinged the essentials to try and stay top 150 and hit the Legendary mark on the third day. RL issues unfortunately. Now granted, I did have all 3 essentials for this particular pve, but the points did accumulate fairly quickly.

Now mind you, a lot of people are going to proclaim scheduling 3 a day clears is too much effort for a mobile phone game, and legendary tokens should be even easier to obtain, but I almost feel they're too easy as is, you don't want new players that have more intense engagement gaining 4 stars before they even get 3 stars, which is quite possible with the current system, if the new player knows what to do.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Haetron wrote:
    Yeah, the verdict should pretty much officially be in. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, you should be able to easily get Legendary tokens from PVE. I've heard of people doing it without any essentials, and I've done it myself missing the 4 star essential with plenty of room to spare.

This past PVE Simulator I was able to get the legendary token with ease. I didn't even hit my 3 full daily clears, only did 2 clears the first day, and 1 clear each the last 2 days, and then pinged the essentials to try and stay top 150 and hit the Legendary mark on the third day. RL issues unfortunately. Now granted, I did have all 3 essentials for this particular pve, but the points did accumulate fairly quickly.

Now mind you, a lot of people are going to proclaim scheduling 3 a day clears is too much effort for a mobile phone game, and legendary tokens should be even easier to obtain, but I almost feel they're too easy as is, you don't want new players that have more intense engagement gaining 4 stars before they even get 3 stars, which is quite possible with the current system, if the new player knows what to do.

I am not sure why the fact that the ppl in 3 star land can theoretically get a legendary token from PVE means everything is A-OK. Difference between me and them is I was lucky to max my fury and HB which allowed me fairly easy access to the 1K prize and sometimes the 1.3K prize. As a result I am getting PVE legandary's, DPDQ legendarys and PVP legendary's.

The gap between me and them is widening at an alarming rate. Getting 1-2 legendary's a week from PVE when 2 new characters are coming every month does not create useable 4*s. 3* people are already having insanely difficult times getting to 1K now since Jean Grey, Carnage, HB, Iceman, DPXF and Thing are everywhere starting at 800.

This was the same lousy excuse people who were well transitioned to 3* were saying before DPDQ came along. About how transitioners were fine since they could score a few measly 3*s from the PVE.

Everyone with a few max covered 4* have a huge inherent advantage already. For a more reasonable battle to be in place for the people with 3-4 covers is not the end of the world.

I figure 7+ covers gives you a good chance at DPDQ, with all the 4* out, if someone has 3 covers of each character, it would take absolutely forever to get to 7+ covers for a good majority of their characters.

They have PVE. Sounds so magnanimous of us 4*s to even afford them of that. What is this giving a dog a bone or something.

• This was the same lousy excuse people who were well transitioned to 3* were saying before DPDQ came along. About how transitioners were fine since they could score a few measly 3*s from the PVE.

Ok? Wasn't around for that, the topic was "How do you get tokens in transition?" and the answer is fairly obvious, as I'm currently in 3 star territory but still able to use PVE as a stepping stone to get to 4 star territory as well. I personally see myself using the PVE Legendary tokens to work on my 4 stars, which will help aid my pve placement scores, while I finish covering my 3 star roster and start leveling them to attempt versus at a higher level.

I've went from getting 1-2 4 stars from lucky token pulls in a month, to getting a near guaranteed 1, once per event. (The only sliver of doubt on that besides my own effort is the fact I might luck into a 5 star)

This has helped my transition greatly in the past 2 weeks. Im only on day 157 and already have all the 4 stars except Starlord, Nick, Thing, and Elektra , (And well, Dino) and were it not for the legendary tokens I wouldn't have Thoress, Prof X, or Kingpin, or my extra Hulkbuster cover. I don't feel like I need a " bone" thrown at me, nor do I feel I should be able to unfairly leapfrog the entire process.

The topic was "How do you as a transitioner get legendary tokens." The answer is PVE progression rewards. They're easily within reach if you're at the transition point anyway.
  • "Having" a character doesn't mean you HAVE the character. I have or had most of the 4* at some point *sold off Elektra and Starlord, on the fence about my Thing*. I have Antman...and with 2-3 covers, he's unusuable for ANYTHING, hell LOANERS are better than undercovered 4*s. I have IMHB with 3-4 covers and don't stand a CHANCE against Hulk as with just match dmg he can kill me (no red covers - doubt it would make a difference).

Here's what you are missing. Great for you, you've been able to get a cover for 2/3 of the 4*s. How long until you have at least 9 covers in them? That's when characters start to become useful. And its not just how long it will take YOU to get those covers, but what happens to those who already have them? Let's say you get a cover a month for each of the 4*, that means they start to become useful 9 months from now. The entire meta for the game wil lbe different by then thanks to 5*s, since you know the people who already have transitioned or are further along get to start sooner, and unless the future boost for 4* when boosted is HUGE, I'm sorry I don't see HOW you can stand a chance against a Surfer short of 1* Venom/Spiderman (that would be hilarious to watch). Also take note, those 4*s are just eating away at roster spots until 9ish covers. Here:

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Unreall/

Just looking at 4* I have 7 that are holding roster spots that could be used for Ragnarok or Gamora or some other character I deleted to make room (ares, you are next). Oh and then because of that I miss out on tacos and ISO due to need for DDQ or events, let alone when buffed.

The other side of this, you are in a different position than a LARGE chunk of us. I have...25 characters over lvl 140. There is NOTHING for me in 3* land. There are like 5 3*s I still keep covers for, the rest get sold. This has been one of my lowest scoring seasons, didn't cross 5k until yesterday - simply because I lacked interest in the 'prizes' - the game has deteriorated to "Legendary or 1k+". I'm NOT special, there are hordes of players like me, pretty much DONE with 3* who for sake of "maintaining interest in the game" need to transition to 4*, but unlike the 2-3* transition - sure it was rocky at first, but once you start, you FLY through it...with 3-4* transition, there is no 'place and get 2-3 covers' *especially with the how stupid PvP scores have gotten, from people who don't even need those rewards*. The 'draw rate' is WAY lower from tokens, and with the increased number of 4*s, the chance of not getting the one you're working on is high. My daily reward yesterday was Elektra...yeah I've got nothing to do with that...and frankly those ISO rewards become 'insulting' after a while "Man that team JG/Carnage/Hood was hard...wait 70 ISO?"

You are in a 'healthy' stage of the game, its constant transition - that is fun, watching your roster 'grow' and get stronger, but people in my situation won't see their roster grow or get stronger for a LONG time. The idea of Legendaries is a PERFECT vehicle for fixing this, its just - pardon the pun - too unreallistic in difficulty. For it to be a solid transitioning tool, it needs to be accessible to those who need it - which is why they have some of the difficulty walls, 1k is doable without shielding. 1300 is NOT. PvE is a slow and painful option that requires keeping stock of what time it is , hoping to have essential, etc. The Clash of the Titans though is a solid idea with the wrong execution. It shouldn't be 'free', and should be for people TRANSITOIONING to 4* or already in 4*, but if you are a transitioner, the people who arguably need it the most right now...

How the HELL is a lvl 90ish barely covered 4* supposed to compete with a lvl 270 fully covered 3*? The first event I didn't worry about it, Cyclops is strong as is, and his powers synergize themselves almost as well as 3hor. But I also have a covered and lvl'd XF so it didn't matter. Same with IW who can just go inviz and not get hit anymore. IMHB though? That's just a slugfest, and underleveled you don't stand a chance, so then yo have to wait ANOTHER 5 days and hope they pick some bad match-up. I've gotten 2 legendaries out of 4 or 5 of these, and I'm the type of player who needs something like this.
    - Unreall
  • stuff [that I mostly agree with]

The main things I harmonize with from the above post are the lack of progression at a certain point with there just not being anything worth chasing in the 3* realm now. I need 1 purple Bullseye 3*, and due to missing his release event and having very poor timing with many of his reward events, need 4 covers for vision. Thats it. Nothing to optimize a spec, just 5 total covers... They can only be worked on when their events come around at this point, barring some spectacularly lucky token pull. Even then, neither are really helping my game beyond once in a blue moon as featured/required, so those covers are just a 'completion' thing anyway. Thusly it could be said that there aren't any 3* covers in the game that'll help me progress.

17 4* in the game if I count right. I'm getting about 12 usable covers per month, considering the older characters are max covered... and still as a whole useless. Thus, their rewards are useless, so the stressful climb to 1k for alliance points with a 1k rewarding xf, iw and sl... all a complete waste aside from aforementioned alliance score. It is daunting hitting 1k now. When all the changes first came around, it didn't take long to start hitting 1k, but now that everyone is on that train, crossing over 850-900 means all those other players are looking for you, so more often than not it take a 38 shielding just to secure 1k. Again on the stressful point, the last leg of that climb (most matches over 800 pts) are all max'd out 4* teams. The rate at which I get hit while doing a 2 match hop, or worse wipe to all the jeanbuster/icebuster/fistbuster teams makes this a lot less 'fun'. My projected '4* transition' period would be about 9 months by my math, even with hitting pvp progression token and the few dpd nodes I can manage. (still hoping on a miracle board for my 3/1/2 HB, but not going well).

The other main point here is that the pve system in this game burns you out after a while (most of us anyway). I started leveling my characters so I could compete in pvp better, cause I wanted to be *done* with pve. Our alliance (KA Jedi only, the rest of KA is still mainly pve) was pretty much all in the same place there, so only new character pve's even have any requirements... which was awesome.

was...

Now I'm back to 3 clears per day, every day, all for 1-2 more token chances per week. 3 clears per day fighting the same tired events against the same dark avengers day after day after day. Beyond The Simulator and Deadpool vs MPQ, most characters in the game don't even have a pve node, but lets fight 2* daken 15 times a day with his 2-3k damage on 5 blue that feeds ares 3k+ damage on green. Another reason pvp became more attractive. At least with boosted characters the scenery kind of changes a little bit every week beyond the smattering of ever-present fistbuster teams. I was starting to resent fistbuster... until they started becoming one of the easier teams to face over 800 pts. I kinda feel bad for anyone that managed to max fist buster, but then somehow weren't able to keep up with the meta. I see a lot of people running fistbuster coming back from the hop that should clear them at 1300 with -300 in hits before they can finish.
  • Now I'm back to 3 clears per day, every day, all for 1-2 more token chances per week. 3 clears per day fighting the same tired events against the same dark avengers day after day after day. Beyond The Simulator and Deadpool vs MPQ, most characters in the game don't even have a pve node, but lets fight 2* daken 15 times a day with his 2-3k damage on 5 blue that feeds ares 3k+ damage on green. Another reason pvp became more attractive. At least with boosted characters the scenery kind of changes a little bit every week beyond the smattering of ever-present fistbuster teams. I was starting to resent fistbuster... until they started becoming one of the easier teams to face over 800 pts. I kinda feel bad for anyone that managed to max fist buster, but then somehow weren't able to keep up with the meta. I see a lot of people running fistbuster coming back from the hop that should clear them at 1300 with -300 in hits before they can finish.

Two weeks ago I spent 14 hours of my entire weekend hitting all the nodes of every PvE chapter every 8 hours. At the end of it I got my single legendary token, and it was the only 4* I already had max-covered. Salt to the wound.

I'm sorry, but it is just not worth 14 hours of my life to do this. Especially when all you do (as you mentioned) is fight the same enemies day after day after day

And especially when, with a much less time investment, you can do PvP. I find most of my fights in PvP easier (and less frustrating) than PvE.

You'd think 1000 people complaining about PvE scaling and rewards would get them to change it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • throvolos wrote:
    Now I'm back to 3 clears per day, every day, all for 1-2 more token chances per week. 3 clears per day fighting the same tired events against the same dark avengers day after day after day. Beyond The Simulator and Deadpool vs MPQ, most characters in the game don't even have a pve node, but lets fight 2* daken 15 times a day with his 2-3k damage on 5 blue that feeds ares 3k+ damage on green. Another reason pvp became more attractive. At least with boosted characters the scenery kind of changes a little bit every week beyond the smattering of ever-present fistbuster teams. I was starting to resent fistbuster... until they started becoming one of the easier teams to face over 800 pts. I kinda feel bad for anyone that managed to max fist buster, but then somehow weren't able to keep up with the meta. I see a lot of people running fistbuster coming back from the hop that should clear them at 1300 with -300 in hits before they can finish.

Two weeks ago I spent 14 hours of my entire weekend hitting all the nodes of every PvE chapter every 8 hours. At the end of it I got my single legendary token, and it was the only 4* I already had max-covered. Salt to the wound.

I'm sorry, but it is just not worth 14 hours of my life to do this. Especially when all you do (as you mentioned) is fight the same enemies day after day after day

And especially when, with a much less time investment, you can do PvP. I find most of my fights in PvP easier (and less frustrating) than PvE.

You'd think 1000 people complaining about PvE scaling and rewards would get them to change it. icon_e_smile.gif

You can help them change it but just not playing PvE. If enough people stop playing, they will have to do something about it. But I doubt that will happen, as soon as less people play, the placements will be easier to obtain.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    unreal - agree that the expectation they set doesn't match up with reality of the matches (granted, some of that expectation came from ourselves). somehow I've managed to pile 10 tokens and should have an 11th tomorrow (I've gotten lucky in a couple of vaults, 2x1300, 3xDDQ, and several from pve). as soon as the 2nd 5* gets added my 4*s will get a huge boost and I'm hoping one or two make it to 'usable' state on that day - I have several that are close. personally I think the token should be at 1K and the set cover at 1300, just like you hit event tokens at 300 and 650 before you hit the set cover at 800. that way those who would choose to hop to 1300 if its worth it can strategically choose to go for that.

also, the speculation is that there is something in the works to assist rosters like ours (your ahead of me on 3* and at the top of 4*, but my 4*s might have a little more depth than yours). my plan is to continue hitting 1K and grabbing all the legs I can and it seems like its not too far away from being almost there. I agree that unless you whale up, those who have played the game longest generally stay ahead of you and when I finally arrive as a 4* player, i'll never be at the "top" since I started the game a full year after it came out. while that makes sense that those who have played the longest should have progressed more in a progress game, it is still frustrating to know that no matter how good you get at the game, you'll never be the best because of the progression. only way around that is whaling. we have to decide how much of a frustration it really is - if it causes nothing but disappointments and headaches, is it really worth it? for me, for all that frustration, the game still has so many satisfying moments and at its heart is so fun to play. so for me, its still worth it.