So how are 4* Tranistioners suppose to earn Legendary tokens

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure I agree.
    I guess I can't really offer much of an opinion because I had a few maxed out 3*s by the time DDQ came into existence, but that daily reward has helped me build my 3* roster nicely. Without it the 2*-3* transition I was going on would have been a lot harder.
    And I didn't need a level 120+, 10 covered 3* in the fourth node to win. Just the bare bones single covered character with two muscular friends to hide behind. And as I got more 3* cover rewards it got slowly easier and easier. It already started off possible.

This, though...was a slaughter. Granted my X-Force was covered 1/3/5 and level 166, but I doubt getting him to 192 would have helped.
    It feels like there were several options on the table as to how to make the fight challenging. One-on-one, maybe, or fighting a high level opponent, or fighting someone who's built to counter the guy you're using. And instead of picking one they went with ALL of them.

I'm not against challenge, I'm not saying I expect to march in with my 1 cover Professor X and stomp on a level 40 Jean Grey, but if legendary tokens are designed to help with the transition to 4*, something D3 have been talking about for months, this certainly wasn't the way.
  • KingDon wrote:
    So we have had a while for the new Legendary tokens to bed in and I am asking myself, how are these suppose to help with the 4* transition?

I know the obvious answer but when you are unable to obtain any of these, then what is the point?

Today was the first day of the 4* DDP node, the dev's said it was not easy, but that was an understatement, your 4* v.s. a lvl 270 Cyk with no team-ups....ok so my lvl 170 4* wolverine (4/1/3 - my most covered 4 *..even dropped 40k in iso to level him up for this) I have tried for an hour, burnt through most of my +1 all boosts and damage match all boosts and lasted about 10 turns max (AI just drops reds and yellows and then one shots me).....ok fair enough, dev's said it would not be easy but if I cannot be done with a my most covered 4 star what chance is my 1 cover Mister Fantastic going to have against a lvl 270 3* with team up or my 1/1/2 Elektra or 1/0/1 prof x ???

So how else can we earn these. well the Hulk pve has one rewarded at 70k, ok cool, that should be fairly obtainable.....well, no, I have being doing around 4 clears per sub (finishing in Top 100) but I am sitting on 24k pts with less than 3 days left, the most I have seen a node for is 600 pts....now unless these are going to be shooting up to the 1 / 1.5 k mark, I doubt I will reach that (although props to the dev's for putting more progression rewards In, that earns a doth of the cap)

Ok, cant get the token from the DDP and PVE, lets look at PVP, well I can hit 1000 (if the buff char's favor my roster) but as soon as you drop shield and attempt to go higher you just get spanked down 200pts....I guess I could shield hop, however have only dropped real money on the game once (In a sale around last September) so have to carefully manage the shields vs roster slots HP spend.

Well, there is the 1 in 300 change from a Taco token so will only need to save up for 300 days (150 for sweet and 150 for savory) to guarantee a token so not really a viable method of obtaining the token.

And finally there is the reward at 10k for the next season, I think the highest I have ever reached for a season is 6k so unless I can find another 4k in pts over a season this too maybe out of reach.

I think that is all the ways of earning the tokens (correct me if I am wrong) I was excited when this news was announced, but now reality has set in, not so much any more

Sorry for the bit of a rant, its frustrating as I enjoy playing this game and want to continue but at the moment there is no game for me to play, the only 3 * covers I am missing are for char's I very much doubt I would level up (I am looking at you she hulk and rags....and beast, you shall never grace my roster) so have not interest in obtaining them.

Beat up a little kid who got a token by using his 1 1 1 xf to be Cyclops. Take his token. They are transferable
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Der_Lex wrote:
    MaskedMan wrote:

Face it if you want to build up 4*s or 5*s you have to buy packs until you get all three powers then buy power upgrades directly. Then all you need is a mountain of ISO. That or you can play for years to get 8 cards on a Nick Fury.

I'm a completely F2P player, who took a big break from the game after the release of 3* Deadpool, and who came back around the time of the release of Cyclops, so that's February of this year. I had made the 2*-3* transition in my first half year with the game, so when I came back, I had about 6-8 maxed 3* (including the nerfed Sentry, who really shouldn't count), and a 3/4/3 Xforce (who was still garbage when I took my break) and enough ISO to get him to L180 or so. I didn't have top tier characters like Cage and Thoress available to me, and this was before the Thoress/Xforce combo nerf, so players who had both of them were still dominating top end play.

Within those 7 months of playing the game, without spending a dime, I have managed to get every 3* except Doc Ock to 13 covers, and maxed out 7 of them. In the 4* tier, I have not only picked up those remaining 3 covers for X-force and leveled him to 260, but I also managed to get Hulkbuster, Prof X and Kingpin from 0 to 13 covers and leveled them to 250, I have 4 other 4* at 10-12 covers (and leveled 2 to 200 because they're already useful), and the average amount of covers on my other 4* is about 9, barring the latest two releases (my 3 blue CapFalc won't be taking flight anytime soon).

What i'm trying to say is: it's perfectly possible to do well in this game without being a whale. Yes, it does take some effort that goes beyond the casual level (I probably spend 2, maybe 3 hours on the game on average per day, spread out in half-hour blocks throughout the day unless there's character release pve grinding to be done), and a good alliance is a huge help as well, but there are plenty of top 100 alliances out there who are always looking for new recruits, and are happy to show them how to get better at the game. Now I can fully understand it when people don't want to put that amount of time and effort into a Match-3 game (and to be honest, I might be slowing down a bit as well when Fallout 4 comes out), but the possibilities are definitely there without having to spend a ton of cash.

You speak as if you are a typical player achieving typical results. This is one of the most ludicrous statements ever. If a school test said you need 100% to pass most would say that's insane and impossible but there is usually 1 person who does make it. Doesn't make it reasonable.

Oh lebron James and I can dunk a basketball. Why aren't you doing it.

I have just as many covered 4* and don't pay but I am not your standard player.
    He isnt the only 1,all f2p games are aimed at ppl who will put money in or patience and time.im f2p too and beat cyc with a 423 xf because i have put patience and time into thecgame,so with advice from guys in my alliance and devising my own strategy was well equipped to beat it.it was extremely hard sure,but not impossible.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure I agree.
    I guess I can't really offer much of an opinion because I had a few maxed out 3*s by the time DDQ came into existence, but that daily reward has helped me build my 3* roster nicely. Without it the 2*-3* transition I was going on would have been a lot harder.
    And I didn't need a level 120+, 10 covered 3* in the fourth node to win. Just the bare bones single covered character with two muscular friends to hide behind. And as I got more 3* cover rewards it got slowly easier and easier. It already started off possible.

This, though...was a slaughter. Granted my X-Force was covered 1/3/5 and level 166, but I doubt getting him to 192 would have helped.
    It feels like there were several options on the table as to how to make the fight challenging. One-on-one, maybe, or fighting a high level opponent, or fighting someone who's built to counter the guy you're using. And instead of picking one they went with ALL of them.

I'm not against challenge, I'm not saying I expect to march in with my 1 cover Professor X and stomp on a level 40 Jean Grey, but if legendary tokens are designed to help with the transition to 4*, something D3 have been talking about for months, this certainly wasn't the way.
    Gettin him to 192 woulda helped enormously,and that 5 yellow woulda been a godsend:)
  • The first few guys trying to explain how easy it is to get tokens are cracking me up. LOL at the one guy, "there are 10 season events so all you need to do is get 1000 in all events or 800 in each and 2000 in simulator.

Just LOL at how not easy that is, unless of course you dedicate way too much of your time in the day to playing this game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    CoolB76 wrote:
    The first few guys trying to explain how easy it is to get tokens are cracking me up. LOL at the one guy, "there are 10 season events so all you need to do is get 1000 in all events or 800 in each and 2000 in simulator.

Just LOL at how not easy that is, unless of course you dedicate way too much of your time in the day to playing this game.
    Then I guess you won't be getting any Legendary tokens. The devs never said they would be easy to get for everyone, and they shouldn't be either. When you are at the point where you need the tokens to keep progressing you should be able to earn the tokens.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure I agree.

Gettin him to 192 woulda helped enormously,and that 5 yellow woulda been a godsend:)

Would his HP have been high enough to withstand Cyclops' red? Only time I needed to use his yellow was when there was no red, yellow or black on the board so I as getting chipped away with match damage.

As soon as Cyclops got 10 red, the match was over.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    CoolB76 wrote:
    The first few guys trying to explain how easy it is to get tokens are cracking me up. LOL at the one guy, "there are 10 season events so all you need to do is get 1000 in all events or 800 in each and 2000 in simulator.

I've got a couple people in my alliance who regularly enter PvP with an hour to go, and score 1000. I don't think an hour every 2.5 days is affecting their lives a whole lot.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    CoolB76 wrote:

Climb to 600 (an hour? 90 minutes?), float til 3 or 8 hours left. Climb to 800 (4-5 matches tops in the right slice), shield. Done.

1000 is another 4-5 matches. It's like 2 hours. If you have to hop, a little longer (a good hop shouldn't be more than 10 minutes). 6-7 hours a week. Hardly time consuming.

Certainly not compared to 4-5 hours a day of competitive PvE.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:

Then I guess you won't be getting any Legendary tokens. The devs never said they would be easy to get for everyone, and they shouldn't be either. When you are at the point where you need the tokens to keep progressing you should be able to earn the tokens.

I'm confused at the reply? What's the point? I was saying it's not easy, you said it's not easy. We are on the same page I guess?

Also, I've already gotten 2 tokens. Cheers.
  • simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:

I've got a couple people in my alliance who regularly enter PvP with an hour to go, and score 1000. I don't think an hour every 2.5 days is affecting their lives a whole lot.

That's good.
  • CoolB76 wrote:

Climb to 600 (an hour? 90 minutes?), float til 3 or 8 hours left. Climb to 800 (4-5 matches tops in the right slice), shield. Done.

1000 is another 4-5 matches. It's like 2 hours. If you have to hop, a little longer (a good hop shouldn't be more than 10 minutes). 6-7 hours a week. Hardly time consuming.

Certainly not compared to 4-5 hours a day of competitive PvE.

I've got a maxed and covered wolvie x force and 12 maxed/covered 3 stars and this scenario has rarely worked for me without spending money and I'm ok with that. I'd rather earn rewards then buy them. Occasionally I'l spend my earned HP on shields but with the cost of roster spots I would rather save it for that.

Everything is easier if you buy it.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    CoolB76 wrote:

I've got a maxed and covered wolvie x force and 12 maxed/covered 3 stars and this scenario has rarely worked for me without spending money and I'm ok with that. I'd rather earn rewards then buy them. Occasionally I'l spend my earned HP on shields but with the cost of roster spots I would rather save it for that.

Everything is difficult if you don't use all the tools available to you. Using a 75HP shield to secure your points above 800 is hardly buying a reward.
  • simonsez
    CoolB76 wrote:
    That's good.
    Yes, it's very good when facts trump inane whining...
  • simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    That's good.

Are you f'ning kidding me? I stated in quite a sarcastic manor that I disagreed with a few of the first posters. Are you the community bulldog that likes to come here and call people whiners for giving an opinion? And calling it insane!! You're f'ing insane if you think getting to a thousand points in an hour is just normal.

Get outta here with your delusional shite.

Moderator edit: Cool it down and keep it civil, please. If you just can't see eye to eye with someone, it's better to just not engage them. -DayvBang
  • CoolB76 wrote:

Everything is difficult if you don't use all the tools available to you. Using a 75HP shield to secure your points above 800 is hardly buying a reward.

I use my tools. I earn them HP use them where I need them most. Getting 10 1000 points finishes in a season is not realistic without spending. I prefer to earn my rewards. There are a lot of things in life I spend money on. A game where nerfs happen regularly is not a smart place to spend money.
  • simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    That's good.

Hold on, hold on. I completely ignored the facts part, because you provided none!!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    KingDon wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

So how else can we earn these. well the Hulk pve has one rewarded at 70k, ok cool, that should be fairly obtainable.....well, no, I have being doing around 4 clears per sub (finishing in Top 100) but I am sitting on 24k pts with less than 3 days left, the most I have seen a node for is 600 pts....now unless these are going to be shooting up to the 1 / 1.5 k mark, I doubt I will reach that (although props to the dev's for putting more progression rewards In, that earns a doth of the cap)

Are you doing all those clears right after each other instead of waiting 8 hours between them? Because 3 clears per sub (and one or two more essential clears for the first two subs) is enough for that 10.000 you need per day to hit the final progression on the last day.

I have picked the 10pm closing slice (UK time) and will do 1 clear when the sub opens, 1 clear first thing in the morning (around 7 / 8 am) and then a final clear and grind with about an hour or two left. I am no where near getting sub, its more around the 7 / 8k
    Something's off here. My pattern is similar to yours and I still manage to secure the points I need.

I'm in the UK 10pm slice as well and I am similarly starved for points.
    The last sub managed to break 700 points on the first clear of the essentials, everything else had extremely poor returns to the point where I've just barely been able to reach 38000 for Blade.

Something is definitely screwy with the UK slice...
  • simonsez
    CoolB76 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    That's good.

Hold on, hold on. I completely ignored the facts part, because you provided none!!
    It's a fact that one can score 1k in an hour. That's not an opinion. I'd give you an example of an opinion, but the mods wouldn't like it.
  • simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    CoolB76 wrote:
    That's good.

It's a fact that one can score 1k in an hour. That's not an opinion. I'd give you an example of an opinion, but the mods wouldn't like it.

So what you're saying is you still have no facts to provide.