So how are 4* Tranistioners suppose to earn Legendary tokens

KingDon
KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So we have had a while for the new Legendary tokens to bed in and I am asking myself, how are these suppose to help with the 4* transition?

I know the obvious answer but when you are unable to obtain any of these, then what is the point?

Today was the first day of the 4* DDP node, the dev's said it was not easy, but that was an understatement, your 4* v.s. a lvl 270 Cyk with no team-ups....ok so my lvl 170 4* wolverine (4/1/3 - my most covered 4 *..even dropped 40k in iso to level him up for this) I have tried for an hour, burnt through most of my +1 all boosts and damage match all boosts and lasted about 10 turns max (AI just drops reds and yellows and then one shots me).....ok fair enough, dev's said it would not be easy but if I cannot be done with a my most covered 4 star what chance is my 1 cover Mister Fantastic going to have against a lvl 270 3* with team up or my 1/1/2 Elektra or 1/0/1 prof x ???

So how else can we earn these. well the Hulk pve has one rewarded at 70k, ok cool, that should be fairly obtainable.....well, no, I have being doing around 4 clears per sub (finishing in Top 100) but I am sitting on 24k pts with less than 3 days left, the most I have seen a node for is 600 pts....now unless these are going to be shooting up to the 1 / 1.5 k mark, I doubt I will reach that (although props to the dev's for putting more progression rewards In, that earns a doth of the cap)

Ok, cant get the token from the DDP and PVE, lets look at PVP, well I can hit 1000 (if the buff char's favor my roster) but as soon as you drop shield and attempt to go higher you just get spanked down 200pts....I guess I could shield hop, however have only dropped real money on the game once (In a sale around last September) so have to carefully manage the shields vs roster slots HP spend.

Well, there is the 1 in 300 change from a Taco token so will only need to save up for 300 days (150 for sweet and 150 for savory) to guarantee a token so not really a viable method of obtaining the token.

And finally there is the reward at 10k for the next season, I think the highest I have ever reached for a season is 6k so unless I can find another 4k in pts over a season this too maybe out of reach.

I think that is all the ways of earning the tokens (correct me if I am wrong) I was excited when this news was announced, but now reality has set in, not so much any more

Sorry for the bit of a rant, its frustrating as I enjoy playing this game and want to continue but at the moment there is no game for me to play, the only 3 * covers I am missing are for char's I very much doubt I would level up (I am looking at you she hulk and rags....and beast, you shall never grace my roster) so have not interest in obtaining them.

Comments

• nicnick2000
    nicnick2000 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I 100% Agree with you, My wolverine is also my best 4* (and is 111...) How this new token will help us in any way? none! This is **** really. I also understand it has to be somewhat hard to get but this.... it's only helping people with already decent 4*'s that doesn't even really need these token to progress anyway...

I'm very disappointed by this new event.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    KingDon wrote:

So how else can we earn these. well the Hulk pve has one rewarded at 70k, ok cool, that should be fairly obtainable.....well, no, I have being doing around 4 clears per sub (finishing in Top 100) but I am sitting on 24k pts with less than 3 days left, the most I have seen a node for is 600 pts....now unless these are going to be shooting up to the 1 / 1.5 k mark, I doubt I will reach that (although props to the dev's for putting more progression rewards In, that earns a doth of the cap)

Are you doing all those clears right after each other instead of waiting 8 hours between them? Because 3 clears per sub (and one or two more essential clears for the first two subs) is enough for that 10.000 you need per day to hit the final progression on the last day.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    KingDon wrote:
    Did you start late? I'm doing 3 clears a sub and a few extra nodes in the final grind and I am close to 50K. Getting to 70K shouldn't be an issue if you start early, do three grinds and have all the essential characters.
    KingDon wrote:
    And finally there is the reward at 10k for the next season, I think the highest I have ever reached for a season is 6k so unless I can find another 4k in pts over a season this too maybe out of reach.
    There's 10 PvPs in the season, so you need to hit 1000 points in each to get that token. Alternately you can hit 800 in each and get 2000 points in Simulator.

My advice? Go for the 1000 point progression covers that really help you. Once you have a few 4* up and running it gets easier. Getting there is a female dog though.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without spending a penny, i will have gotten 3 legendary tokens today. Final taco of the morning got me 1, 4th try i beat the DDQ node for #2, and will hit my 70k in hulk easily today.

Will be opening all 3 when i get the hulk one.
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Der_Lex wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

Are you doing all those clears right after each other instead of waiting 8 hours between them? Because 3 clears per sub (and one or two more essential clears for the first two subs) is enough for that 10.000 you need per day to hit the final progression on the last day.

I have picked the 10pm closing slice (UK time) and will do 1 clear when the sub opens, 1 clear first thing in the morning (around 7 / 8 am) and then a final clear and grind with about an hour or two left. I am no where near getting sub, its more around the 7 / 8k
  • Quebbster
    KingDon wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

I have picked the 10pm closing slice (UK time) and will do 1 clear when the sub opens, 1 clear first thing in the morning (around 7 / 8 am) and then a final clear and grind with about an hour or two left. I am no where near getting sub, its more around the 7 / 8k
    Something's off here. My pattern is similar to yours and I still manage to secure the points I need.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    KingDon wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    KingDon wrote:

Do you have all the essential characters? Because if you don't have one or two of those, you do indeed need to grind a lot more.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    So far I was able to get one in the stretch goals pvp event by planning my attacks and spending 225 hp in shields. I got the one from the hulk event by just playing twice a day and grinding at the end of the subs. I also just got my 3rd from the DDQ although I doubt I can complete that one any more than once per month.

I feel like a player at my level with a firm 3* roster, starting to transition to 4* land can probably get 2-3 each week with a bit of luck and skill.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Malcrof wrote:
    Without spending a penny, i will have gotten 3 legendary tokens today. Final taco of the morning got me 1, 4th try i beat the DDQ node for #2, and will hit my 70k in hulk easily today.

Taco luck doesn't count. Far too unpredictable to be a reliable source or transition.

I think the underlying point is potentially valid. The original ddq was perfect because it helped 2* players transition to 3* faster, remained useful for 3*s players, and gave 1* players a useful challenge that helped them progress. It has something for everyone.

This new ddq potentially does nothing for anyone without a useable 4* roster (though today is day 1, so I don't want to overreact). Perhaps demiurge was too scared about giving out too many 5* covers, but if so, then it was a mistake of tying their increased 4* transition tool (the legendary tokens) to the new 5* transition.

And note that I say this as someone who have 4 or 5 4*s at or near max and should be able to take advantage of this system much of the time.

Also, why not wait a few weeks to open everything and get double the chance at a 5* with the same tokens?
  • I agree. It's like showing a wonderful new toy to a kid and then "no, darling, you can't have it..."

At the moment gameplay fun turns to frustration for me, and I love the game.

icon_e_sad.gificon_mad.gif
  • I guess you're not supposed to transition to 4*, and it's fn stupid. Posted on another forum:

It's pretty **** ****. I don't know what's 'easy' about a 1v1 for 4* 2/3/1 Wolverine level 131 vs a level 270 Cyclops. I mean easy for Cyclops sure, but the difficulty level should be for the player, not for the AI. They even locked the team ups. Oh, and the AI gets a Team up.

I tried it to see **** the easy was about. 5370 HP vs 14892 HP. Max match damage of 62 vs 85. Wolverine's 1st skill does 271 damage vs Cyclop's 6856, which insta-kills Wolverine. icon_mad.gif That's an impossible battle, not an easy one. :facepalm:
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Taco luck doesn't count. Far too unpredictable to be a reliable source or transition.

I think the underlying point is potentially valid. The original ddq was perfect because it helped 2* players transition to 3* faster, remained useful for 3*s players, and gave 1* players a useful challenge that helped them progress.

This new ddq potentially does nothing for anyone without a useable 4* roster (though today is day 1, so I don't want to overreact). Perhaps demiurge was too scared about giving out too many 5* covers, but if so, then it was a mistake of tying their increased 4* transition tool (the legendary tokens) to the new 5* transition.

Also, why not wait a few weeks to open everything and get double the chance at a 5* with the same tokens?

Simple, i have nothing above 166 on my roster.. i do not want the 5*, i want more 4* covers.. the 5* starting level will mess with my scaling.. that is why i don't want one yet..
  • Lukeslad
    Lukeslad Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I came here to post something like this, Legendary tokens are almost unreachable, agree with every word in this post. I'm playing for a long time and I consider myself kind of advanced player, but still...
  • AnonymousMPQ
    AnonymousMPQ Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I feel that Legendary Tokens are for 4* players transitioning to 5* not 3* players transitioning to 4*, especially the 4* DDQ.

I think the best part of the original DDQ was that it leveraged 2* transitioners to become 3*.

I'm saddened by the design choice but I've long come to realize and accept that there is going to be content designed for players other than me, my roster, or my play style.

At least there is a system there if I ever do decide step up my game.
  • Quebbster
    I feel that Legendary Tokens are for 4* players transitioning to 5* not 3* players transitioning to 4*, especially the 4* DDQ.
    I think it's possible for 3* players to get PvE and PvP season progression Legendaries. There's also the 1000 point progression 4* cover to help start the 4* transition. After some thinking, I don't have much of an issue with the DDQ Legendary token being hard to get.
  • to me, it makes no sense as a 4 to 5* transition. *I* and many others who have fully covered 3 stars need the 4 stars to play much much more than the 4 star players need the 5*
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    KingDon wrote:
    So we have had a while for the new Legendary tokens to bed in and I am asking myself, how are these suppose to help with the 4* transition?

I know the obvious answer but when you are unable to obtain any of these, then what is the point?

Today was the first day of the 4* DDP node, the dev's said it was not easy, but that was an understatement, your 4* v.s. a lvl 270 Cyk with no team-ups....ok so my lvl 170 4* wolverine (4/1/3 - my most covered 4 *..even dropped 40k in iso to level him up for this) I have tried for an hour, burnt through most of my +1 all boosts and damage match all boosts and lasted about 10 turns max (AI just drops reds and yellows and then one shots me).....ok fair enough, dev's said it would not be easy but if I cannot be done with a my most covered 4 star what chance is my 1 cover Mister Fantastic going to have against a lvl 270 3* with team up or my 1/1/2 Elektra or 1/0/1 prof x ???

Ok, cant get the token from the DDP and PVE, lets look at PVP, well I can hit 1000 (if the buff char's favor my roster) but as soon as you drop shield and attempt to go higher you just get spanked down 200pts....I guess I could shield hop, however have only dropped real money on the game once (In a sale around last September) so have to carefully manage the shields vs roster slots HP spend.

Well, there is the 1 in 300 change from a Taco token so will only need to save up for 300 days (150 for sweet and 150 for savory) to guarantee a token so not really a viable method of obtaining the token.

I think that is all the ways of earning the tokens (correct me if I am wrong) I was excited when this news was announced, but now reality has set in, not so much any more

Sorry for the bit of a rant, its frustrating as I enjoy playing this game and want to continue but at the moment there is no game for me to play, the only 3 * covers I am missing are for char's I very much doubt I would level up (I am looking at you she hulk and rags....and beast, you shall never grace my roster) so have not interest in obtaining them.

only way your sitting on 24k doing 4 clears per day is you started late.. i got 67k and only do 2 clears per day and then grnid at the end.

put money into the game im really really getting tired of people who are playing this game for Free and then think they are owed tokens.

unless your in a top 100 allaince your not going to get 10k in a season (meaning there is no reason to be on your own if your hitting that high)

really though i dont blame you and i see tons more people in your spot and that is why i think the 4 stars will finally kill the game. People like you will see tons of 3 star max teams in PVP , in a few months you will see nothing but 4 star max teams meaning you will have no chance at PVP

ONE WAY TO CHANGE THIS HAVE A COVER EXCHANGE.... TRADE in 10 3 stars for 1 star token.. before you laugh at that i was able to pull 20 3 stars this season what i could not use.. I would rather have 2 4 star tokens then 10,000 ISO
  • jdoe893
    jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    they dont i guess..so are the 3* transitioners

even with 4covers of wxf wont be sufficient

perhaps with TU theres a chance of none to slim
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    to me, it makes no sense as a 4 to 5* transition. *I* and many others who have fully covered 3 stars need the 4 stars to play much much more than the 4 star players need the 5*
    that's a pretty selfish attitude. nobody 'needs' anything in this match-3 mobile game any more than anyone else. I think the more that the thought that this is a 4* -> 5* transition tool, the more frustrated the player base will be because it really nearly feels like they skimped on helping the 3*->4* transition. even with the additional things that have been done, if they want the core of the game to move from 3* to 4*, jumping over that transition and giving legendaries only to those with usable 4*s doesn't make sense. some of that feeling is just being where I am - nearly finished with 3*s and starting to work on my 4*s. I feel like I'm just behind the wave of accelerated advancing. when they changed the scoring, took me a couple of months to start hitting 1K and now with the ddq node, I'm just shy of consistently making that work too. made it today, but all the rest of the characters will be very hard pressed to make it.
  • KingDon wrote:
    what chance is my 1 cover Mister Fantastic going to have against a lvl 270 3* with team up or my 1/1/2 Elektra or 1/0/1 prof x ???

Little to none? It's a legendary token, not a participation trophy, they don't just give them away.

The PvE tokens are the easiest to earn, just takes time. You aren't clearing as often as you say you are, or you joined late. This last sub was the only one I was really able to grind (got most nodes under 100) and am already at 58k. Also - remember that points in the final subs are typically higher than earlier ones, so even if you aren't "on pace" you can still get there.

Also, let's take a step back and look at the recent changes surrounding legendary tokens....

PvE rewards are the same.....plus they added 3k ISO, 25HP, an event token, and a legendary token to the progression
    PvP changed the 1300 from a known 4* to a legendary
    DDQ is the same.....plus they added an essential 4* node every 5th day with a legendary token prize
    DDQ Vault replaced 1 of 3 known 4*s with a legandary

So how do you progress into 4* world? The same way you always have.....plus enjoy these new opportunities to earn 4* characters and a potential 5* as well!