*****Unknown (Coming Soon)***** Wolverine (OML)

Options

Comments

• Is the revelation scheduled for tonight ? or tomorrow ?

Regards,
  • Billigoat wrote:
    True healing is getting old, man.
    Oh. I see what you did there....

Yeah, that'd make sense. Colors/Abilities match, too.

Could someone explain this to me, please?
  • he is making a subtle hint at 'Old Man Logan.' Some people are more informed about what's coming than others, so in order to avoid breaking the spoiler rules, they are cryptic about it icon_razz.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, SG should be a Tetris Ultron-esque super boss battle.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    Has to be Phoenix. A 5 star has to be insanely powered in the comic books, and as the ability counts allies, there's not many allied "groups" on here, and F4 is already taken. So, X-Men would be an obvious choice.

And that's a good character to burn a 5 on. There aren't too many that are worthy.

Sentry has the power of 1,000,000,000 exploding suns and fits on most people's top 10 lists for powerful Marvel Characters (not counting omnipotents).
    Yet he is an unviable 3*.

Your logic fails here.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, but Sentry is a nutcase. Mental instability alone should knock it down to, like, 10,000 suns.

There's a new event that just says "In 14 Days" on a nebula pic. So, definitely Old Man Logan.
  • bcas76 wrote:
    Yeah, but Sentry is a nutcase. Mental instability alone should knock it down to, like, 10,000 suns.

There's a new event that just says "In 14 Days" on a nebula pic. So, definitely Old Man Logan.
    We had an ultron event rewarding cap marvel...
  • Blahahah
    Options
    bcas76 wrote:

Actually his insanity would be giving him even more power.

Thats why I'm not entire convinced this character is Phoenix, when it could just as likely be 616 Sentry.

He goes through his entire story in the PvE talking about people not "seeing" the void, which could fit the description.
    Likewise his healing is off the charts. He healed from being turned into molecules and thrown all over the place.

Also goes from golden and yellow to black and void-like.

He was so powerful, SO POWERFUL, that the Dark Ms. Marvel said the entire "House of M" series would be light reading compared to what the Sentry was capable of.
    180?cb=20130306033813

It almost feels like a crime to think a manipulated Sentry is just jobbing around Thunderbolt Mountain.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    He was so powerful, SO POWERFUL, that the Dark Ms. Marvel said the entire "House of M" series would be light reading compared to what the Sentry was capable of.

It almost feels like a crime to think a manipulated Sentry is just jobbing around Thunderbolt Mountain.

Great post, Blahahah -- I'm a huge fan of The Sentry, and his original Jenkins/Lee miniseries in 2000 (and subsequent appearance in New Avengers) brought me back to Marvel after a years-long break in the mid to late 90s.

In my opinion, I feel that the 3* rating for the current ingame Sentry is apropos, as this is the version from Dark Avengers (and labelled as such). He's slightly pacified and metaphorically neutered, being in the control - possession, even - of Norman Osborn... only occasionally set loose like an unleashed pitbull, dealing with the absolute heights of his own mental instability at the time.

I still think there could be a place in this game for a 4* or 5* Sentry (Classic) -- the version from his original miniseries (and, entirety of Marvel history), fully capable and seemingly in-control of his powers, inspiring hope and awe from all who lay eyes on him... each of whom are unaware of the terrible secret he hides even from himself. I'd really, really like to see a Sentry -> Void character along those lines someday!

portrait_incredible.jpg
  • Blahahah
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:

Great post, Blahahah -- I'm a huge fan of The Sentry, and his original Jenkins/Lee miniseries in 2000 (and subsequent appearance in New Avengers) brought me back to Marvel after a years-long break in the mid to late 90s.

In my opinion, I feel that the 3* rating for the current ingame Sentry is apropos, as this is the version from Dark Avengers (and labelled as such). He's slightly pacified and metaphorically neutered, being in the control - possession, even - of Norman Osborn... only occasionally set loose like an unleashed pitbull, dealing with the absolute heights of his own mental instability at the time.

I still think there could be a place in this game for a 4* or 5* Sentry (Classic) -- the version from his original miniseries (and, entirety of Marvel history), fully capable and seemingly in-control of his powers, inspiring hope and awe from all who lay eyes on him... each of whom are unaware of the terrible secret he hides even from himself. I'd really, really like to see a Sentry -> Void character along those lines someday!

portrait_incredible.jpg

I dunno, even DA Sentry was steamrolling Morgana like she was nothing, and she was Agamato's rebound after Doctor Strange. I mean yeah he is kinda low-key in DA, but even when he is at aruably the lowest power level he has been at in a long time he still bodies top-tier marvel characters.

You know who else does that kind of stuff? Electro.

Yeah, that goofy Spiderman villian in the green leotard with the yellow fern leaf lightning bolts on his face.
    Beat down Nate Grey, an Omega Level easily comparable to Jean Grey and even Dark Phoenix at points.
    Not just beat down physically, but turned him into a vegetable.

Marvel is filled with all kinds of juggernauts. So when you say anything as low tier as "Fight Spiderman and Falcon" being appropriate for a character like Sentry, it makes me remember that even absolute bottom-tier mooks mop up gods from time to time.
  • You guys do realize Sentry is a completely irrelevant character for Marvel's plans at this point?

Phoenix is always going to be popular and huge, Marvel wise, and Old Man Logan is the possible inspiration of the next Wolverine movie, so either of those make more sense.

We're -never- getting another Sentry variant though. There's simply no point in it.
  • I really hope its Phoenix/Dark Phoenix. But to be honest, i doubt it. Considering how hard it is just to get a legendary token, I can say goodbye to even getting one of her covers.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Have to agree with Haetron here. He has no place in the MCU or the comic's soft reboot. But Sentry singlehandedly destroying Asgard in Siege is a good argument that he's stronger than the equally crazy Carnage (but star rating isn't based on power, blahblahblah).

One of the hints was "PvE like a boss"". So, new PvE for a new 5* character, presumably with some cosmic element. Or maybe the PvE is cosmic and the character isn't? I'm just typing to your at this point, so feel free to stop reading. But strike tiles and true healing really, really sound like a wolverine-based character.
  • Haetron wrote:
    You guys do realize Sentry is a completely irrelevant character for Marvel's plans at this point?

Phoenix is always going to be popular and huge, Marvel wise, and Old Man Logan is the possible inspiration of the next Wolverine movie, so either of those make more sense.

We're -never- getting another Sentry variant though. There's simply no point in it.
    And the SW old man logan is one of the best comics of the run, everyone I talked about loves it.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Everything points to Old Man Logan. Anyone that has read it, sees it. Slight spoiler ahead, but even if you click it, you should go pick it up anyways because it's a fantastic read
    Post apocalyptic world, Wolverine is a pacifist with a family until the very very end when a chain of events happens and he complete loses his sh*t, pops his claws for the first time in years, and kills everyone. Hence why the ability change makes sense for when he finally pops his claws, he can't go back.

While it's fun to speculate, I'd be completely completely surprised if it's anything else given the hints, color scheme, ability scheme.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I understand the case for Old Man Logan, but that would be such a let down after Silver Surfer. Phoenix / Dark Phoenix would make so much more sense relative to the cosmic power of SS. Color scheme also makes sense for Phx/DPhx, too. And, the clues loosely work, too.

When will we find out for certain?

Please be Phoenix! ::crosses fingers::
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    I understand the case for Old Man Logan, but that would be such a let down after Silver Surfer. Phoenix / Dark Phoenix would make so much more sense relative to the cosmic power of SS. Color scheme also makes sense for Phx/DPhx, too. And, the clues loosely work, too.

When will we find out for certain?

Please be Phoenix! ::crosses fingers::

I'm a huge Phoenix fan myself and can't wait for that character's eventual imminent 5* release but I think it won't be this one. Course this is just my two cents and I've been known to be wrong once or twice icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In regards to old man logan, it seemed to me that IceIX denied that he was on the way in one of the iceman is ugly threads.
    I hope its not Logan, we've got enough Wolverines for now.
  • Old Man Logan does seem to fit well with the moveset.

I'm getting a bit tired of the multiple variants of that particular character though.

I'd be far more excited to see Red or Grey Hulk, Sabretooth or Cable / X-Man!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nexusgrim wrote:
    I'd be far more excited to see Red or Grey Hulk, Sabretooth or Cable / X-Man!

I'd love to see a 4* Red Hulk someday! He'd be a pretty obvious Iceman counter, as the angrier he gets, the hotter he gets. (So, presumably red generation / blue negation?)
This discussion has been closed.