*****Unknown (Coming Soon)***** Wolverine (OML)

Comments

• Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    If it is Old Man Logan then they might as well change the name of this game to Wolverine Puzzle Quest since they seem so set on releasing every version of him that ever existed! icon_lol.gif
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Gonna say Apocalypse because of the mutation and team effects.

But could well be..

Mr. Sinister
    High Evolutionary
    Dr. Strange

Doubtful it's Adam Warlock, not central enough.
    Ghost Rider would have to have a chain related power.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2015
    On God, if this is Adam Warlock swapping to Adam Magus am going to feel like a kid at Christmas opening a new shiny toy

AdamWarlock-Magus.jpg

Gold skin = yellow ability
    Red and Black armor = red and black abilities

Checks out!

EDIT: welp with the hint given I know now it is not Adam Warlock/Magus.

Maybe Colossus Juggernaut
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    If it is Old Man Logan then they might as well change the name of this game to Wolverine Puzzle Quest since they seem so set on releasing every version of him that ever existed! icon_lol.gif

"Marvel puzzle snikt!" would be another good name. it's catchy!
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Sounds like it may be time to rejoice with slashing glee!
  • Not sure if it's been said but the turn ending is stupid. If he doesn't go into alt form why end the turn? And when he does go into alt form just stun him for the rest of the turn. Make up some "he has to recuperate for the turn" **** and keep it going. Makes more sense for a 5* to not end the turn.
  • mattonline
    mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I think it is definitely Old Man Logan, but maybe Logan / Wolverine instead of Logan / Hawkeye. That would explain the no switching back: once he pops his claws, all those years of "pacifism" are gone.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Wolverine that's super disappointing; with Silver Surfer as the first 5* I was hoping they'd all be proper "epic" characters rather than just a grab-bag who've been arbitrarily assigned a tier.
    This is the same developer team that made Elektra a 4*.

Of course it'll be another Wolverine. We can't get a decent Spider-Man in this game above 1*, but we've gotta have every Wolverine variant possible, apparently icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mattonline wrote:
    I think it is definitely Old Man Logan, but maybe Logan / Wolverine instead of Logan / Hawkeye. That would explain the no switching back: once he pops his claws, all those years of "pacifism" are gone.

I think most people are considering the sight clue, since "old man hawkeye" was blind. It could be that it's Logan/Hawkeye on the first batch, and then it flips to Wolverine.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much as I hate it, that red passive really sounds like OML Hawkeye to me - he can't attack directly, but when his allies get into the fight, he keys in on the sound to hit his target.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still think Cyclops/Phoenix works.. but OML fits as well.

Either way.. this is going to be a tinykitty to fight. The AI will always cast his black
  • Quebbster wrote:
    Iceman.

At last mpq update it was written in the "what's new" text.
    This is the next fivestar coming, not the fourstar that gets released next week.

And we're talking about the five star one. Hmm? Iceman will become a fourstar?

I don't care about the fivestar ones, impossible to get for a player like me.

But Elektra came to Stormysusie Team today again. Slowly, but she grows. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems odd to me that healing can only occur at the beginning of the match, when it's not really needed. I guess you're trying to get 12 yellow and 9 black, so you can true heal while you gather.
  • Boldbrute wrote:
    Not sure if it's been said but the turn ending is stupid. If he doesn't go into alt form why end the turn? And when he does go into alt form just stun him for the rest of the turn. Make up some "he has to recuperate for the turn" **** and keep it going. Makes more sense for a 5* to not end the turn.
    Agreed. At most make like cyke that stuns himself but not SG **** lv.
  • Based on color sceme... X-Men-Jubilee.jpg

jk icon_lol.gif
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Sentry/The Void?

Powerful enough to be a 5 star.png , and kinda of a composite character.
  • Angel>Archangel
    That is not a change easily reversed.

Finish bringing us the original team!

And add 5 character teams so we can use them. Or maybe 6 so we can include wheels, he does get lonely.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Interesting character. That black power is going to be crazy; If you get enough yellow to make the switch, you have at least enough to use the offensive yellow twice on your next turn. It's the perfect counter to Demolition. No, how about I don't match those traps and just two-shot Fury next turn. I assume it's really strong damage too, we'll see if that doesn't get tweaked up a little. I like the idea of stunning instead of ending the turn, but I imagine that's a balance thing on defense.

5-stars are crazy. How many HP do they have at one cover?

The yellow is less than stellar as a singleton cover drop. A third of players who get lucky enough to win this guy will be saying "Woo, now I have a big meatbag."
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Redicolas wrote:
    Angel>Archangel
    That is not a change easily reversed.

Finish bringing us the original team!

And add 5 character teams so we can use them. Or maybe 6 so we can include wheels, he does get lonely.

Well never see Archangel, well likely get young Angel who will look like a kid with feathers or the butt angel you see during Valentines Day icon_lol.gif
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Seems odd to me that healing can only occur at the beginning of the match, when it's not really needed. I guess you're trying to get 12 yellow and 9 black, so you can true heal while you gather.
    Think about it from a playing against him perspective. The true healing (and bonuses his red power gets) makes you want to kill his allies first, but then if you kill their yellow spender (or they don't have one!) and he makes the change, he totally wrecks your team--especially if you still have 3 guys standing, as he can cast yellow twice and does more AoE against you if you have more than 1 hero--and red does more if he's under 50% health. He's going to be a total bastard to play against. Even with just a couple covers that's gotta be like 20k HP you need to chew through right?
This discussion has been closed.