*****Unknown (Coming Soon)***** Wolverine (OML)

Options

Comments

• I'm going to guess it's the Red Hulk.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That color set, a character that transforms, goes berserk and does craaaaaaaaazy damage? I think the Spirit of Vengeance will be paying MPQ a visit in October.

My only issue is that if red is supposed to be his penance stare, it should probably be tied down to how many of your allies have fallen by the enemy's hand a la reverse Righteous Upper Cut instead of to his health. *cough devs amirite? *cough*

And boy, oh, boy how crazy will the transformation animation be!! (if it is Ghost Rider)

grider%20comic%20transform.jpg

Side note: For the uninitiated, Ghost Rider has the most wicked song hands down for a superhero : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2jCAep7lMg

don't forget to burn♪
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Based solely on color scheme it could any of the following -

1. Nova
    2. Adam Warlock
    3. Black Bolt
    4. Dark Phoenix
    5. Dr. Strange
    6. Ghost Rider
    7. Mephisto
    8. Red Hulk
    9. Some Version of Logan
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This 5* seems definitely the best there is at what he does.
  • TazFTW wrote:
    Because of the color scheme, I'll guess Adam Warlock.
    ronin-san wrote:
    Feels like Strange to me. /shrugs.
    I feel like they would have a combination using black, blue, red and purple. Maybe green if strange summons something to smash the board but we alredy have carnage doing something like this in the 4* realm.
  • About his colors, D3 made a good job making it hard to go for the alternative set. Yellow has about no acceleration besides LThor red on the top of my head, which is terrible. Could have been green/black/red. Breaks the yellow healing? Yes, but I think it fits him better.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't entirely like the idea that once you're in alt mode there's no coming back. Almost surely it's an intentional drawback, cause they could have figured out a number of ways to grant the ability to switch back to the main mode.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lack of green makes it less likely, but a 5* with self healing and a superpowered offensive alt mode? I'm still holding out hope for "I am fire, and life incarnate..."

(Edit: can't believe I botched the quote. 6AM, you suck.)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    If this character is who i think he is.. it's a bit ironic that he shares the same colours as Cyclops..

I was thinking the same thing, If this IS Old Man Logan ... It may be Cyclops/Phoenix though.. the colors match.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Iceman.

At last mpq update it was written in the "what's new" text.
  • This cyclops version should be great :
    crop-AvengersVSXMen_8_CoverVariantKubert1.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman.

At last mpq update it was written in the "what's new" text.
    This is the next fivestar coming, not the fourstar that gets released next week.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Great, now we'll only need a 1* variant of this character for the complete set
    icon_wolverine.png

Note: I am simply guessing based on the colors and abilities
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it is Wolverine that's super disappointing; with Silver Surfer as the first 5* I was hoping they'd all be proper "epic" characters rather than just a grab-bag who've been arbitrarily assigned a tier.
  • life_in_death
    life_in_death Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Really, also from the spoiler in the notes (about healing and seeing) it seems old man logan (who can heal, but slower than before) and old Hawkeye (who is blind). Very cool storyline, and the fact that they are two characters may justify the fifth star... unless is Phoenix, but healing and seeing are not her main features... or cyclops from avx with the phoenix force, but my money is on old men
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it is Wolverine that's super disappointing; with Silver Surfer as the first 5* I was hoping they'd all be proper "epic" characters rather than just a grab-bag who've been arbitrarily assigned a tier.

I would say he is pretty epic. He did survive until the end of the world and
    being eaten by the Hulk!
  • Looks like a 5* Wolverine or Senty to me (alt mode being the Void).
  • The patch notes lead me to think it's Old Man Logan, with the hint and the power selection.
  • Billigoat
    Options
    The hint from the patch notes if you didn't see it:
    "Healing. Seeing. These things must not be taken for granted."
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really really really hope it is not Old Man Logan (hawkeye).

Dark Phoenix, Ghost rider, any Hulk, but not another Wolvie, and less if it is this one (the story is not bad, but it is way overated, I don't understand why is so popular).
This discussion has been closed.