*****Unknown (Coming Soon)***** Wolverine (OML)

Comments

• Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    "When a man becomes that which he hates..."

Still going with Sentry/Void... But... Judging by the colors, it can be Colossus/Juggernaut...
  • Elixir has been confirmed through the use of logic.
  • Am i really the only one who is thinking about Thane, son of Thanos? He dedicated his life to heal people, until he had to embrace his true power to stop his father, becoming himself who he hates the most, sb who can kill whoever is around him
  • Walterin wrote:
    Am i really the only one who is thinking about Thane, son of Thanos? He dedicated his life to heal people, until he had to embrace his true power to stop his father, becoming himself who he hates the most, sb who can kill whoever is around him
    While you are at it, use the cosmic version post black vortex as its cooler to have him at his strongest when using as a 5*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe IceIX confirmed that "Seeing, healing" and "A man becomes what he hates" refered to three different characters, so only one of those refers to this character.
    Personally I hope that means this is Phoenix for healing...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I believe IceIX confirmed that "Seeing, healing" and "A man becomes what he hates" refered to three different characters, so only one of those refers to this character.

Then another thing, this particular character can heal not just themselves, but their team. Logan's healing only extends to himself. So, I'm leaning towards Phoenix rather than Old Man Logan. Although, I will probably never have Phoenix on my roster LOL
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:

Then another thing, this particular character can heal not just themselves, but their team. Logan's healing only extends to himself. So, I'm leaning towards Phoenix rather than Old Man Logan. Although, I will probably never have Phoenix on my roster LOL

Hawkeye is Old Man Logan's only buddy in the comic, and he's blind. Wolverine's healing ability is there, just slowed a bit. That's where the "seeing, healing" comes from. "A man becomes what he hates" - as mentioned in prev post, Logan did not want to become violent, but ended up doing so eventually after certain events took place.

I still think it's 5* Logan.
  • Quebbster wrote:

I think you're misreading his ability. He heals himself a certain amount for each ally in the battle, he doesn't heal each ally in the battle.

Ice IX saying that there's 3 separate characters hinted at, however, makes it more complicated.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Walterin wrote:
    Am i really the only one who is thinking about Thane, son of Thanos? He dedicated his life to heal people, until he had to embrace his true power to stop his father, becoming himself who he hates the most, sb who can kill whoever is around him

Oh god I think you're right, the powers do fit Thane very well. Would've preferred Thanos
  • I thought Thane, as a character, pretty much completely flopped?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Haetron wrote:
    I think you're misreading his ability. He heals himself a certain amount for each ally in the battle, he doesn't heal each ally in the battle.

Ice IX saying that there's 3 separate characters hinted at, however, makes it more complicated.

Jamie Maddrox? (not you icon_lol.gif )
  • Really hope it's not another version of Logan. He's getting a little boring after having a 2*,3* and a 4* slot!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This could possibly be the longest anything has ever gone "unknown"
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Other than the expiration date of Donald Trump's appeal, I think so.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Haetron wrote:
    I thought Thane, as a character, pretty much completely flopped?

HA, presumably -- I've read (and own) all of his appearances in just the 1-2 years since his introduction and had already forgotten he existed until this thread.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

Maybe it actually is Liam Neeson from Unknown. He has a unique set of skills that mean you wouldn't want to kidnap his daughter
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Maybe it actually is Liam Neeson from Unknown. He has a unique set of skills that mean you wouldn't want to kidnap his daughter

HA! icon_e_biggrin.gif

It could also be Omega the Unknown
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_the_Unknown
  • Quebbster wrote:

But is that characters or releases.

For instance, if it was Phoenix/Cyclops then 3 characters could be Cyclops, the Phoenix Entity, and then the Phoenix/Cyclops combo.

3 individual 'characters' but one 'release.'
  • CaptTrick
    CaptTrick Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    IceIX wrote:
    Teaser time! Numbers are still in flux (including AP costs)

Flux as in Flux Capacitor
    Flux Capacitor is used for time travel

Therefore it is obviously Bishop
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

But is that characters or releases.

For instance, if it was Phoenix/Cyclops then 3 characters could be Cyclops, the Phoenix Entity, and then the Phoenix/Cyclops combo.

3 individual 'characters' but one 'release.'
    Here's the quote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    So a man becomes something he hates -and- seeing, healing. They are two different characters, yes?
    Three, actually.
    You really are streching the logic here though. The last hint in particular should be for a separate character. The first two could easily refer to the next 5* and the next regular release.
This discussion has been closed.