*****Unknown (Coming Soon)***** Wolverine (OML)

Options

Comments

• LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just wish they'd release the character already!
  • MrGaunt25 wrote:
    I just wish they'd release the character already!

Yes! I agree.... I mean granted, I'll never have them on my roster, but still, I look forward to using the loaner LOL
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Seeing, healing - 4* Dr Strange

A man becomes something he hates - Adam Warlock/Adam Magus 5*
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated OP with spoiler-free info on abilities.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does the red passive damage the ally who fired the power or Unknown?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Does the red passive damage the ally who fired the power or Unknown?
    Unknown. It does a darned good job of sapping that Yellow heal passive.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So this character is basically the thermonuclear weapon of 5* rank? They'll cost you three health packs to use, but you'll win the fight. icon_e_wink.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This guy puts SS to shame. Only thing you can really do to fight him is stun him, which is thankfully possible.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    why does 4 black give out 3k in strike tiles but 5 black only does 2600?
  • IceIX
    Options
    why does 4 black give out 3k in strike tiles but 5 black only does 2600?
    Oddness with the level scalar at current. It may very well change by the time anyone gets the character leveled that high, but right now, any level buff to the 5* will throw that 5th cover ability higher than the equivalent 4 cover ability. So to avoid having an ability hyperscale at 5 covers, it's a little lower damage-wise with the advantage that 4 tiles are harder to pop than 3.
  • Looks like a 5 star Sentry/Void, but I kinda hope I'm wrong. Rooting for Phoenix, Cable, or Warlock here.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol @ dev note about dino+starlord.

There are lot other combos equally "broken".

Like Unknown+goons icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So if I understand correctly, if you get 9 Black and 12 or more Yellow, you can deal almost 12k damage to the whole enemy /team/? Even a team of maxed 4*s would be left on the brink of death.
  • With the updated skills i'm changing my guess to Archangel.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK, so recent news outed 4* Cyclops and Red Hulk coming to MPQ. That's "seeing" and "a man becomes what he hates" covered. That leaves "healing" for this I guess...
  • Quebbster wrote:
    OK, so recent news outed 4* Cyclops and Red Hulk coming to MPQ. That's "seeing" and "a man becomes what he hates" covered. That leaves "healing" for this I guess...

Source?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Source?
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/1/942939 ... two-second
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Let's hope this isn't Red Hulk, simply because having him be one of two 5*s would be...a bit anticlimactic thematically. It's one thing if we have to cope with a dramatic new tier of power of beings like the Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Thanos, and the like; it's another if random characters that would make perfect sense as choices for the 3-4* tiers get put up there, with no particular explanation for why they are orders of magnitude stronger. (In particular, having Hulk have no chance of fighting a two-tier-higher Red Hulk would be bothersome.) It's true that there are plenty of 4* characters with no flavor excuse for being stronger than 3* (see: Antman/Thing/etc.), but in a large tier that's more permissible than when dealing with the three characters that are going to be the endgame goal for some time to come.

Old Man Logan at least has some gravitas/Wolverine is popular enough that he wouldn't be too surprising/disappointing. But a 5* endgame of "slowly build up SS, Dark Phoenix, and Old Man Logan/House of M Scarlet Witch/Kang/etc" seems vastly more palatable than one of "slowly build up SS, Red Hulk, and Fantomex/Taskmaster/Moon Knight/etc.". I mean, personally I'd love to play with 5* tier Fantomex/Taskmaster/Gambit, but the point is that those characters aren't supposed to be among the biggest forces in the universe, so it would be inappropriate to have them as max-tier characters. (4* versions, please!)
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed...not a great choice for a 5*. To keep my sanity I'm just going to think of this version as red hulk when he was originally first introduced and Jeph Loeb decided that he was basically invincible and could do things like use loopholes to lift Thors hammer and sucker punch the Watcher. Yup. That...is..a...5..star.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I'm counting heavily on "seeing, healing" being two characters released in close proximity, while the last clue refers to a character coming along later. So I'm hoping Red Hulk just gets previewed during the anniversary.
This discussion has been closed.