*****Unknown (Coming Soon)***** Wolverine (OML)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its galactus we already have the event coming the colors are not much like his uniform but they make sense for the game.
    Galactus is a boss battle, much like Ultron.
    We'll see who it is on Monday though.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    why does 4 black give out 3k in strike tiles but 5 black only does 2600?
    Oddness with the level scalar at current. It may very well change by the time anyone gets the character leveled that high, but right now, any level buff to the 5* will throw that 5th cover ability higher than the equivalent 4 cover ability. So to avoid having an ability hyperscale at 5 covers, it's a little lower damage-wise with the advantage that 4 tiles are harder to pop than 3.

It does less at the base level too -- 777 vs. 648.
    I'm not sure that having an extra tile is really an advantage since there are abilities like Daredevil's purple and Ock's passive that are better when the enemy has more special tiles.
  • philosorapt0r
    philosorapt0r Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Then it comes down to either wolverine (who we are expecting) or phoenix (we do not expect but could also fit the powers).
    You may not be expecting Phoenix but I am. Or hoping, at least.

(Now that rando-5* has been taken off the table..)
    Agreed. When you think about it, it wouldn't make much sense to release non-Phoenix Jean Grey as a 4* character, except with the intention to release some version of Phoenix as a 5*. Strike-tile-creation fits with Jean's TK skill-set. Timing-wise, putting out classic-blue cyclops and classic-phoenix Jean at the same time is really natural, especially when they say they will take a break from X-characters for a bit after this batch (until it's Gambit/Archangel/Rogue time? or Emma Frost/Fantomex/Cable? There's a lot of untapped potential.). Of course, with the cares-about-allies aspects, they could be doing some sort of Phoenix Five AvX thing, but I expect Dark Phoenix is more marketable.
  • IceIX wrote:
    why does 4 black give out 3k in strike tiles but 5 black only does 2600?
    Oddness with the level scalar at current. It may very well change by the time anyone gets the character leveled that high, but right now, any level buff to the 5* will throw that 5th cover ability higher than the equivalent 4 cover ability. So to avoid having an ability hyperscale at 5 covers, it's a little lower damage-wise with the advantage that 4 tiles are harder to pop than 3.

It does less at the base level too -- 777 vs. 648.
    I'm not sure that having an extra tile is really an advantage since there are abilities like Daredevil's purple and Ock's passive that are better when the enemy has more special tiles.
    I said it before, but will repeat: if you use his black and flip the powers that extra tile means another 4700 damage from the alt black.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow I have just seen the numbers for the abilities and this one is MASSIVE. 17k+ for 7AP?!?!?! Yeah he/she has to change form first but it is spectacular, she can kill SS with just one attack! (And of course any other 4). And 25k for 8 AP if you hurt her a little bit :s

But even without the transformation, the strike tiles are really good, she is unkillable with this heal (execpt with herself) and does 8k damage with any other fired ability!

And she is Dark Phoenix.

PS: Is it me or this 5 seems quite better than SS?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    17k+ for 7AP?!?!?!
    Isn't it 37k damage?
  • Polares wrote:
    Wow I have just seen the numbers for the abilities and this one is MASSIVE. 17k+ for 7AP?!?!?! Yeah he/she has to change form first but it is spectacular, she can kill SS with just one attack! (And of course any other 4). And 25k for 8 AP if you hurt her a little bit :s

Yes, if you're going with a max Mystery character versus min level surfer.

Max Level Surfer has 47K Hp.

\
  • simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    17k+ for 7AP?!?!?!
    Isn't it 37k damage?
    17k base plus extra damage up to 37k.

But I would build it 355, so:

- Up to 25k full effect
    - up to 7k AoE (and up to 3k heal)
    - 8.8 (3.6k self) passively or up to 26k if thereshold achieved
  • Polares
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    17k+ for 7AP?!?!?!
    Isn't it 37k damage?
    17k base plus extra damage up to 37k.

But I would build it 355, so:

- Up to 25k full effect
    - up to 7k AoE (and up to 3k heal)
    - 8.8 (3.6k self) passively or up to 26k if thereshold achieved

355? I think he can be more effective 535, the difference in yellow from 3 to 5 is not that much (400 in healing and 1600 assuming both team mates are alive), but the difference in black is quite big, from 26 to 36.

Things is 5k or even 7k is not going to be that much against 5s, but the difference from 26 to 36 can be the difference from hurting a 5 or killing a 5.
  • Problem is the amount of ap it needs to cast double black for 37k. It's 16 black plus 12 yellow banked. I'd rather play using both passives.

Yeah you can accelerate black easily with IF but yellow... Can only think of KP and Lthor for that.
  • Polares
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Problem is the amount of ap it needs to cast double black for 37k. It's 16 black plus 12 yellow banked. I'd rather play using both passives.

Yeah you can accelerate black easily with IF but yellow... Can only think of KP and Lthor for that.

Well again, If you are playing against 5s who have 40k hitpoints, then you have time to get to that level of AP ( you can heal yourself until you have these AP in 'the bank' and then you fire everything).

Against 4s then maybe 355 could be better... So maybe we need to builds icon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif
  • And I really dislike the "end turn" mechanic.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    And I really dislike the "end turn" mechanic.

Squirrel Girl's yellow can be useful in certain situations since as of right now she is the only one with a turn ending move that doesn't shake the board but in general it is pretty ****.
  • ShionSinX wrote:

Squirrel Girl's yellow can be useful in certain situations since as of right now she is the only one with a turn ending move that doesn't shake the board but in general it is pretty ****.
    Even Hood can make cascades that create criticals and we don't get an extra turn off it.
  • Polares
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:

Even Hood can make cascades that create criticals and we don't get an extra turn off it.

But you end the turn just when she is not transformed. When doing 36k it does not end the turn... In fact what makes more sense it is that she would just end the turn when she transforms
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dev note 2: We're well aware of the base Red passive having strong synergy with characters like Devil Dinosaur and Star-Lord. The ability as written may well not make it to Live in the same form.

Don't nerf the damage because of it's usefulness with niche lower tier characters.
    If the power is deemed to strong due to skill spam than simply limit the times it can trigger in a given turn.

Examples:
    The first time each turn an ally fires a power it deals 1217 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself.

or

Whenever an ally fires a power, deals 1217 damage to the target and 907 damage to themself. (Limit 2 times per turn)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just took a look at red and my first thought is 5 red with devil Dino. That would be best defensive pairing ever. You would get 8K damag for 3 AP.
  • is it suppose to be today the release, or am i completely wrong?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, but it's going to be late in the day because it requires a data push from the server (the moment every day or two when the game bumps you back to the title screen and shows a "Loading..." percentage before you can get back into the main menu).
  • Ok thanks, ill try to be patient icon_razz.gif. Wanting to open that legend tokens so bad...
This discussion has been closed.